The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacks_505

Reaction score
hello hair experts.

trying to get some clay and the 2 i hear most about on this forum are:

Dynamite Clay and EBL clay

i am currently sporting a quiff/faux hawk kind of look and usually i like more volume since my hair just falls flat easily. which one more suitable ah?

thanks for ur help :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont need so fierce la.. everyone also will suffer, become so exp the demand sure drop.. not just u

how to not fierce when they assume and accuse me for being the instigator for the price raised.

didn't that went thru their mind/brain that I will be affected the most?

:s22::s22:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello hair experts.

trying to get some clay and the 2 i hear most about on this forum are:

Dynamite Clay and EBL clay

i am currently sporting a quiff/faux hawk kind of look and usually i like more volume since my hair just falls flat easily. which one more suitable ah?

thanks for ur help :)

both also work.
but to get volume, your hair must have natural volume when you blow dry or you need a pre styling spray or any other volumizing product to get volume for your hair.

after that then you use the clay to style.

I have used both before (EBL Clay i think JH gave me sample). But since i am selling Dynamite clay. I use it more than EBL Clay.

Both are quite similar but Dynamite clay more gritty.
EBL less.

Hold wise, personally i feel are pretty similar. Maybe Dynamite clay is slightly stronger. But hey it was damn long ago since i used to EBL clay, i maybe more biased towards Dynamite clay since its my go to clay now.

wacks_505

Reaction score
thanks for your help gx bro

in terms of washing off,any diff? i quite worried about this because i use clay last time damn hard to shampoo off

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for your help gx bro

in terms of washing off,any diff? i quite worried about this because i use clay last time damn hard to shampoo off

Same. Use a better shampoo lor.
What Clay you use last time

Biggus Dickus

Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone here tried DIY-ing your own Sea Salt Spray before? Saw quite a few different recipes online. Just wondering if anyone has a good formula to recommend for the local weather/humidity?

RyanCCY

Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone here tried DIY-ing your own Sea Salt Spray before? Saw quite a few different recipes online. Just wondering if anyone has a good formula to recommend for the local weather/humidity?
Just came across one the other time . I think instagram account : menshairicon . They got directions to create and also how to use . Not sure if useful but can just check it out if interested .

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lol. i think need buy the ingredients too.
must as well buy. frill free haha

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For oily hair/scalp, 100% won't go wrong. :o

sleekhair_2272_297736572

For people who are looking for shampoo with the refreshing feel (menthol), i will be bringing in Feeling Shampoo (same brand as PP) next month. It will be much affordable than Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo. I am currently using the Feeling shampoo and i must say that the results are very good. Pairing it with the Feeling conditioner helps to hydrate the hair and it works like a charm. Almost used up half bottle already. The rest will be given out as samples for selective orders placed these few weeks. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am thinking of dipdyeing my hair, any recommendations/suggestions to where i should get it done? :s11: I mean like i was thinking of Jean Yip but saw some saying thats its not good. And i dont really wanna go to those cheap ones at the markets cause i've done once before and it wasnt a good experience.. Any suggestions? :o

It is not common to see guys going for dip dye as the typical hair length for guys is not long enough for the contrast to work well, with pleasant visual effects. You can however, try out clover. I believe they are throwing 38% promo till June 30. It is not cheap though but i believe their hair colouring services are decent. I myself went for it and got my hair dyed. Job done on Jan 2 2015 and the colour is still rather visible till now. Jean Yip is not lousy but just okay. Not much reviews to classify it as a worth-going hair salon, IMO.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want pomade to give that nice healthy sheen...

Nah I not rly uncomfortable with using pomade cos I don't mind getting my fingers dirty when I style my hair...

Ya sometimes I use pomade then hairspray. But the hairspray makes my hair look dry :(

Hmm... blow drying helps? Need to buy a hair dryer then haha

@deaththeorist how to use it to create volume? When I use it all it does is straighten... sometimes even makes it a bit flatter...

You can apply moisturizing cream too, to achieve the sheen finish. Not only pomade, there are many options for u to do so. Not sure why would the hairspray makes the hair look dry. Typical hairsprays would not be likely to do that. What hairspray are you using?

If your hair is naturally dry, you should consider using hair maintenance products to lock in the moisture level, to look healthy and shiny. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Am new to this thread. Was looking for advice on hair styling; tried afew type of wax but cant seem to suit my hair (very stubborn & always fall flat, style already but cant hold).

Can any guru recommend/advice me what kind/brand of wax should I get?

I think the primary goal is to resolve the issue of stubborn hair. Try looking at the prestyler (ie sidekick or sss or hair powder) then look at the main styling product. This is a typical problem for us asians so you're not alone. Tackling the problem in a modular manner always work. :)

dj_flame

Reaction score
For those looking into sea salt spray

Also I'm looking to buy used HDF products for some experimentation. PM me if you want to deal:D

sogatda

Reaction score
don't be affected too much by it, he does it in other threads too. just loves to put ppl down. Probably did that to satisfy his already bulging ego

Initially, i assumed that the price increase is only applicable in SG and not across board. But thanks to your harsh comments, i get a clearer picture now. Cheers.

anyway gx i nv accuse you dude, i was jus clarifying man.. the question mark was there for a reason. of cos its impractical for u to call to raise prices as a seller u will suffer too, but if u read my post more carefully, what i meant was, was it the prompt to limit resellers that prompted them to reconsider the price. its jus a food for thought yes/no/maybe qn..nv accuse u of purpoedly raising prices. i think i did not phrase my post carefully and i apologise for this..but i can't believe you actually sided with that son of a troll :s22:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.