Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Buy from tmall or taobao. Send it to forwarder address. Inform shipper and top up small fee. N u will see cam on the way to SG

Last edited:

Ted100

Reaction score
Hi all

I need a recommendation for IP camera for indoor use, mostly to keep an eye on my children at home.

These are my requirements:
- Wireless
- Able to save video and photo to NAS
- Able to stream if I view from outside. Preferably have an Android and Apple app to do this.
- Pan and tilt not required

I am looking at getting 2-4 cameras, depending on video quality and how wide the lens angle is.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
What is your recommendation for a reliable IP camera?

Consider this?

Ace%20Peripherals%20Foscam%20Network%20IPCam%20Network%20Video%20Recorder.jpg

Imperado

Reaction score
Im looking for a wireless camera to monitor baby(only when shes sleeping and my parents is in the living room)

Don't require it to be connected to network nor storage.. just mainly a live stream view and preferably on mobile phone and have internal battery

Thinking to get those in-car camera where they already have app for wireless view... any other recommendation?

any recommendation?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
i rather buy dlink products over foscam honestly. Their motor is lousy, i xhanged my camera with marix 3 times when they distribute foscam back then when motor failed to work. 4th time found motor dislodge somemore when i insist they open up to show me why it fails. End up swap to vstarcam. ps: marix did 1 to 1 exchange. new stocks somemore

Last edited:

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
I just received email from VSTARCAM. They trying to make me their distributor. I wonder if MARIX signed any agreement with them. The price they offer me is really cheap da!!!

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I just received email from VSTARCAM. They trying to make me their distributor. I wonder if MARIX signed any agreement with them. The price they offer me is really cheap da!!!

Hope you wouldn't get auto restart issue like what i am suffering with all of my 4 units.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
u can sign an agreement with vstarcam since they invited you. Why not, then u can sell both easyN n VStarcam and see how cheap you can offer to the rest of us for both brands? Can U b cheaper than qoo10?

Last edited:

wave125s

Reaction score
I have refunded my buy but I don't mind sharing my experience.

I have no idea on what happened to the camera that I have bought. I set it up as per normal, got the stream from the camera to my laptop using the software provided online. There was no CD included inside the package. Only a very simplified user manual asking me to download their software on a website.

It works but after some period of time, the whole camera will go offline as shown by the software. Offline as in not just the connection to my router is down, but it will not even record on its microSD card until I switch off everything and switch it back on before it works for a while.

The distance of the camera from the router is less than 2 metres. Which shouldn't be any issue but apparently this was not the case.

All of my devices connected to the router is working fine and will not disconnect. Just that camera.

The day before I went to ask for a refund, I have to switch off and on the camera for around 20 times or even more. Sometimes the time gap is just less than 5 minutes before the camera went offline.

Luckily those people selling me the camera didn't ask me to connect using LAN cable. Or else I would have retorted back to them saying why will I want to use LAN cable if I bought an wireless device.

I even asked them whether any buyers encountered the same issue. They told me that some encountered the same issue but the issues are solved by upgrading the firmware, fixing a static IP for the camera etc. Which I find it not really believable as it happened to not only 1 camera, it even happened to the one which I went down for an exchange.

I got very afraid of China brands already. I would rather pay slightly more for a better device. Lesson learnt.

I've got the same experience as you. Initially after I boot up the Vstarcam, everything works fine. After some time like 2-3 days, the camera just rotate back to its original position. Also, when I tried to access the microSD card files, the software eye4 cannot connect to the camera.

Still considering whether to live with booting it up every 2-3 days or refund it. Need to waste my time and parking to go and get a refund. Hope people here have some solutions to this problem.

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm considering Dlink 5222L @ $189. Any other camera better? Does 5222L have build in speakers or do I need to buy one to plug in?

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
u can sign an agreement with vstarcam since they invited you. Why not, then u can sell both easyN n VStarcam and see how cheap you can offer to the rest of us for both brands? Can U b cheaper than qoo10?

I don't sell EasyN. Wonder where you get that idea.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun b shy lah, go do the distribution for vstarcam. Factories normally mailblast to trading n security camera companies to try promote their product. Othwerwise, they won't disclose their price list.

Same goes for those that try to sell metal to metal traders, I get tons of emails everyday

U can distribute n offer us a better price than wat is available now since you mentioned that it is cheap for the benefit of the community here cos MARIX seems to b clearing their warehouse of stocks now

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm considering Dlink 5222L @ $189. Any other camera better? Does 5222L have build in speakers or do I need to buy one to plug in?

Try Samsung. Expensive but nice. Thought 5222L was sold previously for months ard $139 or less. When did price bounced so high?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.