Wireless IP Camera thread

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I've got the same experience as you. Initially after I boot up the Vstarcam, everything works fine. After some time like 2-3 days, the camera just rotate back to its original position. Also, when I tried to access the microSD card files, the software eye4 cannot connect to the camera.

Still considering whether to live with booting it up every 2-3 days or refund it. Need to waste my time and parking to go and get a refund. Hope people here have some solutions to this problem.

it rotate back because it restarted. I have the same issue as well until i set the preset so whenever it restarts, it will go back to original position - still its annoying to keep restarting because my recording keeps getting cut!

Last edited:

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try Samsung. Expensive but nice. Thought 5222L was sold previously for months ard $139 or less. When did price bounced so high?

Which samsung model can pan and tilt? Not sure about the price, I saw in Challenger. Might be aiming to get at PC show

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
Which samsung model can pan and tilt? Not sure about the price, I saw in Challenger. Might be aiming to get at PC show

the Samsung SNH-P6410BN is wide angle...hd...IR...with the pan and tilt it covers most angles already so no need to pan and tilt...

can probably find them at PC show with free 32gb kingston microsd

i have 8 myself?

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the Samsung SNH-P6410BN is wide angle...hd...IR...with the pan and tilt it covers most angles already so no need to pan and tilt...

can probably find them at PC show with free 32gb kingston microsd

i have 8 myself?

o_O you buy so many? My cam location will be in the centre of living room and kitchen. I dont think the wide angle can cover the left side living room and right side kitchen.

After looking thru all the cameras, I think Dlink 5222l or Foscam FI9831P will be more suitable for me. Price both the same for IT show. Will be going for Dlink since I have 930L before and never fail me. Less one app to download.

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Looks like Marix = Gecko and Gecko = Marix. Don't pai seh leh. And Gecko trying to get everyone away from FOSCAM.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
o_O you buy so many? My cam location will be in the centre of living room and kitchen. I dont think the wide angle can cover the left side living room and right side kitchen.

After looking thru all the cameras, I think Dlink 5222l or Foscam FI9831P will be more suitable for me. Price both the same for IT show. Will be going for Dlink since I have 930L before and never fail me. Less one app to download.

Good choice.
10chars

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score

If you have existing, better choice to use back same brand, if its working, dun fix it or change it

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
it rotate back because it restarted. I have the same issue as well until i set the preset so whenever it restarts, it will go back to original position - still its annoying to keep restarting because my recording keeps getting cut!

Urs on .216 firmware? WebUI got upgrade liao boh

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
so, fuzzywuz, whats the pricing you got for vstarcam since u say its cheap. If u can offer better than qoo10, i'm sure many will buy from u.

iregisteredforthis

Reaction score
vstarcam be warned

Hi, I signed up a new account just to write this review on vstarcam which I bought from marix.

Last November I started researching on a reliable ip camera to check on my maid and kids at home, and found this thread. Vstarcam was high raved, though on the hindsight now I realise it’s only high raved by one user which makes me wonder if he’s paid to do so :s22:

Using the vstarcam for the past 6 months has been a nightmare to me. Frequent disconnection, countless troubleshooting via whatsapp and remote access, faulty camera which was replaced, then realised replaced wrong model and changed back with the right model… but I found out that marix actually gave me back my old camera (same UID). And when I asked the marix guy he said not to worry as it was already fixed by “factory”. The standard answer was always that he would feedback to “factory” and upgrade/downgrade firmware. Someone in this forum also always quote “factory” hmmmmm...

Oh yes! Always blame my internet connection or firmware bug but never the product’s fault. I gave marix far too many chances, and I’ve to give credit to Louis for being ever so accommodating to troubleshoot for me even after working hours (remote access). But the last straw was when he decided to fiddle with my router/homeplug wifi settings and my wifi wouldn’t work anymore. I had to set everything back to factory settings and redo everything incl pairing of my powerline wifi all over again. Now it may seem simple to you techy guys but not to me, a non techsavvy busy full time working mother of two young children!

Bottomline is, I regret purchasing this camera when all I wanted is a fuss free surveillance for my children’s sake. But instead I had to troubleshoot every other week, restarting the cam every other day for the past 6 months. So to all other parents looking for camera reviews, heed my advice and do not purchase Vstarcam even from their Marix because when the product itself is faulty, how good a customer service is doesn’t matter anymore. The so called money savings isn’t worth all my time wasted. I had Foscam at my parents’ place and it has never failed me, perhaps its time I revisited them.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I signed up a new account just to write this review on vstarcam which I bought from marix.

Last November I started researching on a reliable ip camera to check on my maid and kids at home, and found this thread. Vstarcam was high raved, though on the hindsight now I realise it’s only high raved by one user which makes me wonder if he’s paid to do so :s22:

Using the vstarcam for the past 6 months has been a nightmare to me. Frequent disconnection, countless troubleshooting via whatsapp and remote access, faulty camera which was replaced, then realised replaced wrong model and changed back with the right model… but I found out that marix actually gave me back my old camera (same UID). And when I asked the marix guy he said not to worry as it was already fixed by “factory”. The standard answer was always that he would feedback to “factory” and upgrade/downgrade firmware. Someone in this forum also always quote “factory” hmmmmm...

Oh yes! Always blame my internet connection or firmware bug but never the product’s fault. I gave marix far too many chances, and I’ve to give credit to Louis for being ever so accommodating to troubleshoot for me even after working hours (remote access). But the last straw was when he decided to fiddle with my router/homeplug wifi settings and my wifi wouldn’t work anymore. I had to set everything back to factory settings and redo everything incl pairing of my powerline wifi all over again. Now it may seem simple to you techy guys but not to me, a non techsavvy busy full time working mother of two young children!

Bottomline is, I regret purchasing this camera when all I wanted is a fuss free surveillance for my children’s sake. But instead I had to troubleshoot every other week, restarting the cam every other day for the past 6 months. So to all other parents looking for camera reviews, heed my advice and do not purchase Vstarcam even from their Marix because when the product itself is faulty, how good a customer service is doesn’t matter anymore. The so called money savings isn’t worth all my time wasted. I had Foscam at my parents’ place and it has never failed me, perhaps its time I revisited them.

i have a FosCam as well and it never fails me either.

deadlockb

Reaction score
Hi I bought Dlink DCS-5222L @ 159during previous IT show.Wanted to install that.Usually is it fixed on ceiling ? How about the wiring. I dont have any empty power socket near the place where im planning to fix the camera.Any picture to share how you install wiring etc ? Thanks

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad on ur mishap, ur camera could have been changed parts to rectify the earlier report problem. But if still so, ask them for exchange, pretty sure they will allow. Just bring down to change with them

iregisteredforthis

Reaction score
Pretty sad on ur mishap, ur camera could have been changed parts to rectify the earlier report problem. But if still so, ask them for exchange, pretty sure they will allow. Just bring down to change with them

the thought of making a trip down to change it when it wasnt my problem in the first place just makes me mad.

even if marix offers to come by my place to fix or change the camera wont change anything (pun unintended) because they still wont be able to rectify my problems. either product is not up to standard or their usual excuse of my wifi breaking off because there are too many wireless 2.5ghz in hdb. but excusez moi aren't 90% of singaporeans living in hdb flats? what bulls**t

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.