Working Shoe for Young Exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the wear rate after i wear my loake for 2 days. Basically walking on pavements (tiles and cement), public road (carpark, jaywalk across the road), around office (carpet).

2ir95w3.jpg

105qudh.jpg

not sure when I should go topy... or wear a few more times?

Tmr will rotate to my meermin monk :o

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
the wear rate after i wear my loake for 2 days. Basically walking on pavements (tiles and cement), public road (carpark, jaywalk across the road), around office (carpet).

2ir95w3.jpg

105qudh.jpg

2 days aldry ur toe looks like its getting rekt fast =O

archangle13

Reaction score

2ir95w3.jpg

105qudh.jpg

IMHO, you should topy once the outsole is roughed up enough for the rubber layer to adhere to it easily.

Otherwise, you can wait until the sole is 'broken in' and flexible.

I prefer the former.

skolyx

Reaction score

Its hard to see from just this angle, pictures from front view and side view would be good to see as well. Its not uncommon that the front part is worn down much faster than the rest of the sole. In that case toe caps in steel or rubber is another option. The pro´s is that its cheaper and you wont loose the advantages of the leather sole.
Personally I prefer to install rubber toe caps after a while.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2ir95w3.jpg

105qudh.jpg

Seems to be the standard wear rate for loakes. My wore down at a similar rate to yours. I decided to continue wearing them for about a month before putting on sole protectors because they didn't break in yet.
Pray tell.
I'm pretty sure you're trolling..

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

archangle13

Reaction score
Seems to be the standard wear rate for loakes. My wore down at a similar rate to yours. I decided to continue wearing them for about a month before putting on sole protectors because they didn't break in yet.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling..

All I see is you saying that others don't know something that you do, and then you claim that these people are trolling when you are asked to reveal this 'secret knowledge'.

Thanks for nothing, literally.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All I see is you saying that others don't know something that you do, and then you claim that these people are trolling when you are asked to reveal this 'secret knowledge'.

Thanks for nothing, literally.
Honestly, you're not aware that sole protectors are simply pieces of rubbers glued onto the soles of shoes? Nothing secret about this knowledge. My friend google said he'd be more than willing to share with anyone who would bother to ask.

darkgarnezh

Reaction score
Guys I bought some extra saphir renovateur when I bought my shoes but one bottle takes so long to finish. What's a fair price to let it go at? 28?

arctuates

Reaction score
Honestly, you're not aware that sole protectors are simply pieces of rubbers glued onto the soles of shoes? Nothing secret about this knowledge. My friend google said he'd be more than willing to share with anyone who would bother to ask.

Wait. So your big reveal as suggested by your ominous-sounding question... Was that topy = rubber glued on the shoe?

I think we were expecting a new insight on topy application being proven to damage leather soles, or something like that.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wearing my meermin monk today.

2946nwk.jpg

notice the wear rate so far this morning looks good... not as fast as my Loake. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.