MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

SZQddy

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there anyway to terminate account online?

I'm moving and new place already has fibre so I am trying to terminate my current account for which my 2 year contract has just ended.

Tried phoning (6436 6638) last Saturday midday but was on hold for 15 mins and gave up. There was a message saying phone call was recorded so they would call back. Guess what? They never did. Phoned again today but still on hold for another 15 mins.

Guess they are always busy or don't have that many staff. Is there particular time of day I should call when you aren't so busy?

Thanks.

blitzio

Reaction score
bbcnews.com seems to be working again. I actually emailed tech support about it a few days ago and they said it was a known issue and were working on it. I guess it's been sorted now.

Strange though why such a mainstream website was blocked or not working with MR DNS.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some confirmation here. Received a call from 64366600 requesting an appointment at my place to replace my existing modem. Is this legit and has anybody else received such a call too?

Also, will the change of modem come with any terms and conditions such as extension of contract and others?

Appreciate any kind advice on this matter.

Which ONT are you using?

casshern

Master Member
Reaction score
I have been with MR 1GBps for about 1 year or so. Pretty happy with everything actually. So far so good.

Recently I tested my home network as I renovated and rewired the cables. I'm on 1GBps plan but getting 650mbps or so from ONT direct to laptop.

Any idea why? Restart ONT etc alr

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any mR users here do relocation of service before?

like move house?

Do the mR admins still come this page? :s13::s13:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been with MR 1GBps for about 1 year or so. Pretty happy with everything actually. So far so good.

Recently I tested my home network as I renovated and rewired the cables. I'm on 1GBps plan but getting 650mbps or so from ONT direct to laptop.

Any idea why? Restart ONT etc alr

Are you getting higher than 650 Mbps with the same laptop previously?

dominicwor2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some confirmation here. Received a call from 64366600 requesting an appointment at my place to replace my existing modem. Is this legit and has anybody else received such a call too?

Also, will the change of modem come with any terms and conditions such as extension of contract and others?

Appreciate any kind advice on this matter.

I also received same call just now.. Using the black ONT since one and half yrs back liao, duno why must change..

Tickles

Reaction score
They just mentioned it's an upgrade..

Yup, clarified with MR on their website live chat yesterday. Was told that it was simply an upgrade with no terms and conditions attached. Problem is my contract expires in July and i'm not even sure that I want to recontract with the current promotions. Already got a Asus phone when i helped my sis sign up for MR.

Have been having connection problems such as disconnecting and intermittent slow speeds since i signed up for MR and recently it got worse. Contemplating ViewQwest at the moment. More expensive but seems like the quality is there.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PC Show 2015

myrepublic00003.jpg

myrepublic00004.jpg

myrepublic00002.jpg

myrepublic00001.jpg

Tickles

Reaction score
Any idea if it is still Alcatel-Lucent?

Not sure bro. Appointment was supposed to be yesterday. I set it at 4-6pm and took half a day off to go home and wait for them. I received a missed call at 11+ in the morning. Same number called at 2+ asking if anybody is home and can send the replace up at that time. I declined as it was only my maid and a 6 month old baby at home. I reached home at 3+, waited till around 6.30, sent a msg to the number asking if he was still coming. Then he explained that he will need another hour. At around 6.55 i received a call saying it would be impossible to make it. Now I will have to take yet another half day off next week to let them come over and replace the ONT.

Don't understand what is the point of making an appointment for a specific time slot if they expect us to be home all day and work to their timing instead. Extremely displeased with their connection problems as it is and now these kind of nonsense happens. Makes me wonder if i should be recontracting once mine is up in July.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone return the modem for the 2 mth free 1gb trial? Now they got 5 shops... is can go any shop to return?

dogbomber

Reaction score
Hi

I was able to use BAIDU Cloud to download application since this morning, but about 2 hours ago, it was not working.

Here is the weird thing:
1. I use other site to check and it says "http://passport.baidu.com" is up.
2. I use my singtel mobile to check this site, I am able to login baidu passport.
3. I use MR to check the above site, PAGE cannot be found
4. I use MR in notebook to go to www.baidu.com, it takes forever to load, and even I am able to reach that page, I am not able to go to "http://news.baidu.com/", page cannot be found!

Is this a common problem on MR or?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone return the modem for the 2 mth free 1gb trial? Now they got 5 shops... is can go any shop to return?

I doubt so. I think you have to go to their office to return the ONT, Ethernet cable and fiber cord.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.