Wireless IP Camera thread

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
the thought of making a trip down to change it when it wasnt my problem in the first place just makes me mad.

even if marix offers to come by my place to fix or change the camera wont change anything (pun unintended) because they still wont be able to rectify my problems. either product is not up to standard or their usual excuse of my wifi breaking off because there are too many wireless 2.5ghz in hdb. but excusez moi aren't 90% of singaporeans living in hdb flats? what bulls**t

because of this, i've made mine into WIRED.

the problem with mine is neither the WIFI nor the WIRED. Is the ability of restarting intermittently.

iregisteredforthis

Reaction score
because of this, i've made mine into WIRED.

the problem with mine is neither the WIFI nor the WIRED. Is the ability of restarting intermittently.

oh so now marix offers to exchange my camera to the latest model. apparently the newer model has improved wifi capabilities. sigh i dont know if i should try them again because was thinking to getting either dlink or foscam from the pc fair this weekend. what do you recommend? thanks!

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
oh so now marix offers to exchange my camera to the latest model. apparently the newer model has improved wifi capabilities. sigh i dont know if i should try them again because was thinking to getting either dlink or foscam from the pc fair this weekend. what do you recommend? thanks!

At least they bother changing for you. Mine they no head no tail.

Which model are they planning to change for you? T7838WIP ?

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
o_O you buy so many? My cam location will be in the centre of living room and kitchen. I dont think the wide angle can cover the left side living room and right side kitchen.

After looking thru all the cameras, I think Dlink 5222l or Foscam FI9831P will be more suitable for me. Price both the same for IT show. Will be going for Dlink since I have 930L before and never fail me. Less one app to download.

for use in different locations including commercial areas lol...good for live view but not for recording/archiving longer periods...for the features an enterprise class camera will be quite ex...that works too...PC Show Dlink prices are cool.

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
EasyN F-M136. Has been up for 3years and still working until today. Never needs rebooting at all. This vintage is trully reliable.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
My Linksys WVC200 is almost 9 years old now (that's how old my eldest daughter is). It is still working, although another WVC200 unit has died a few years back. Only PTZ, not IR illuminator, but it still has one of the best low light performance (in colour w/o switching to B/W).

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vStarcam looks v.good and I did email them but no reply. Their online out of stock for the $129 camera with alarm has been.. out of stock like forever.

I called them once and they finally pick up, I ask if they are participating in the IT show, when is the stock coming, how come never reply my email. They just say they'll inform me once stock arrive.

Haven't even buy anything I got this feeling they are closing down. I'll still wait for their call. Maybe in year 2020 they'll call me say got stock. lolx

but their camera is most chio among all the brands thou.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Alarm series wise, was told tat it will b on hold til further notice, something about being send refreshed models so they do not wish to bring existing ones in. My order also delay cos of this. Rather wait for refreshed models.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
oh so now marix offers to exchange my camera to the latest model. apparently the newer model has improved wifi capabilities. sigh i dont know if i should try them again be case was thinking to getting either dlink or foscam from the pc fair this weekend. what do you recommend? thanks!

If they change, let them do it. Why not? At least they bother to do something. BTW, why not bring ur mum's Foscam over to your home to test and see of it is really the WiFi?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
my firmware already latest. Nothing to doubt.

The problem lies with the product.

The one in my storeroom still working without it rebooting by itself, firmware also pushed to latest. SN is within 4 character range. How about yours?

Maybe u can send 1 back to MARIX for 1~2 weeks, let them reset n test ur cam over WiFi n wired

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I am using FI9821W, so far so good.

Only complain is i cannot use speaker and mic concurrently.
It will create the huge echo sound

Most IP cameras have this issue as well. Its a limitation. If they do not echo, the audio portion will b soft.

Hardcor?

Reaction score
Feed back issue. My speaker phone does not have this problem. I believe most ipcam maybe using same architecture. And the noisy audio recording its a design issue.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
The one in my storeroom still working without it rebooting by itself, firmware also pushed to latest. SN is within 4 character range. How about yours?

Maybe u can send 1 back to MARIX for 1~2 weeks, let them reset n test ur cam over WiFi n wired

Strangely, through my correspondence with them only leads to 1 conclusion.

They were also facing the same issue.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
BTW auto restart may not be due to camera alone. There maybe other factors.

BTW, i have ensure other factors are running ok before blaming the camera.

Couldn't vouch the same for others here but I actually do know what I am doing.

Hardcor?

Reaction score
Good to know that. I have come across auto reboot claims that are actually not due to camera.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.