Apple Watch Walk-In Purchase Discussions [Read 1st Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx_999

Reaction score
I'll be taking Apple Watch version. Stainless Steel with any sport band. Should be about 800+ SGD. Fine with me. I'm hoping going higher up priceline means got more stock. Don't have to rush with ppl aiming cheaper versions.

Same as me. However, heard that the stainless steel scratches easily. Probably going to apply skins for protection.

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same as me. However, heard that the stainless steel scratches easily. Probably going to apply skins for protection.

Cases and screen protectors for your watch. Never thought that day would come.

Which is funny, because just the other day, I was charging my pebble watch off a battery pack at my relative's wedding. Placed it right on the table in full view of everyone too.

So perhaps that day is already here. :p

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
Cases and screen protectors for your watch. Never thought that day would come.

Which is funny, because just the other day, I was charging my pebble watch off a battery pack at my relative's wedding. Placed it right on the table in full view of everyone too.

So perhaps that day is already here. :p
I also thinking getting one

Any factor why get 38 or 42 mm? Male and female?

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
38mm isn't popular although there isn't any difference in functions. Just preference.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Getting 38mm if cfm buying. 42mm too big for me.
but not sure to get sg sport or ss.

digiMAX

Reaction score
nah, my hand wrist only 152mm.

if normal watch 42mm is acceptable. but not 42mm apple watch.

Good that you already understand this. My wrist is 155-160mm and I am wearing most of the bands at the 2nd smallest setting. My Milanese loop magnet ends right at the lug! Even for my Link Bracelet, I had to remove all but 3 of the links.

38mm would be recommended for wrists smaller than 160mm.

Chips

Reaction score
Good that you already understand this. My wrist is 155-160mm and I am wearing most of the bands at the 2nd smallest setting. My Milanese loop magnet ends right at the lug! Even for my Link Bracelet, I had to remove all but 3 of the links.

38mm would be recommended for wrists smaller than 160mm.

yea from early reviews seem like 42mm is small but the best is try it on yourself. After doing that i realise 38mm is good for those with slimmer wrist

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a guy (pretty tall and build comparing to normal Singaporean guys) and 38mm fits me fine.
I like to mix&match my Moto360 (large) with my Apple Watch (smaller).

So 38mm may also be suitable for guys too. :)

kruzeryo

Reaction score
Will there be a pre-order for the watch? Really interested to buy Stainless Steel 42mm. :)

falseflush

Reaction score
probably very limited stocks... just like the iPhones.

Tbh, I'm kinda surprised that Apple decided to let the resellers handle some of the Apple Watch sales here. I thought they wanted to maintain tight control over the entire sales process, i.e. only allow sales to go through their own Apple Stores.

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from the way, apple has been operating in the various market.

Apple on line store = delivered sealed and probably can order full range, grey out if out of stock
Retail distributors =sets will be opened and limited range probably cannot get the 'limited' once.
Hour Glass = probably the Edition models, not sure about the other models as not explained in press release.

just my guess....could be wrong.

keigo22

Reaction score
look like there won't be any pre-order for apple watch and the ordering will start on 26 june.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from the way, apple has been operating in the various market.

Apple on line store = delivered sealed and probably can order full range, grey out if out of stock
Retail distributors =sets will be opened and limited range probably cannot get the 'limited' once.
Hour Glass = probably the Edition models, not sure about the other models as not explained in press release.

just my guess....could be wrong.

I just checked with Malmasion and besides having Watch Edition, they will have curated selection of Apple Watch. Stainless Steel and Aluminum model are included but not all.

Why would retail sets be opened even before selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.