NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha u applied too? I went for final round d of interview last wk and hasn't heard any news since then. I think most company would have started their interviews. My friends who applied for other companies are also at final round as well.

I belong to the first batch of sgis lol ..

Havok_ex

Reaction score
if I want to change to NIE, what shld I do?

I am year 2 student NTU com science

Firstly, I think you should decide on what exactly it is that you want. Do you want to study Chinese? Or do you want to study Education? Make up your mind on something.

You can apply for a change of course here:

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/Students/Undergraduate/AcademicServices/Pages/ChangeofProgramme.aspx

Once you login, there is a list of courses to choose from. I'm not sure if NIE courses are on that list of possible transfers. Although NIE is under NTU, NIE itself is an autonomous institute, they might have their own way of doing things.

If its not on the list, you will have to apply to NIE directly by re-applying to NTU. But of course, the applications are already over.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/babsc/

Secondly, its one thing to want to transfer, but its not easy to get. They will assess both your university and pre-university grades. You must be fairly good in both to be able to transfer.

intime

Reaction score
if I want to change to NIE, what shld I do?

I am year 2 student NTU com science

What is your GPA? If it is fail, the system will not allow you to apply for change of course.

To increase the success of changing course, it is advisable for you to discuss your intention with your advisor and computer science programme chair. And approach NIE programme chair to seek advice. It is important to let them know and understand your intention, because they will likely be involve in the change process.

soulblader_86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your GPA? If it is fail, the system will not allow you to apply for change of course.

To increase the success of changing course, it is advisable for you to discuss your intention with your advisor and computer science programme chair. And approach NIE programme chair to seek advice. It is important to let them know and understand your intention, because they will likely be involve in the change process.
My gpa only 2.5 only....

Sent from SMU using GAGT

Havok_ex

Reaction score
don't worry about your gpa first, just send a application first, I have a friend who managed to change from math and science to some engineering course with lousy gpa.

What course is 'math and science'? Anyway. It really depends on a lot of things. If your uni GPA is bad but pre-U results are very good then you still have a good chance. Another factor is the course you want to transfer to. If the course has high demand like biz/acct then it will be almost impossible to transfer in with average results. Whereas courses with low demand like engineering would be easier to get in.

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What course is 'math and science'? Anyway. It really depends on a lot of things. If your uni GPA is bad but pre-U results are very good then you still have a good chance. Another factor is the course you want to transfer to. If the course has high demand like biz/acct then it will be almost impossible to transfer in with average results. Whereas courses with low demand like engineering would be easier to get in.
I guess he's talking about mathematical sciences :s22:

Sent from my potato using GAGT

SkatyBoy

Reaction score
Anyone have any info about NUS new University Level Requirements? What do the changes mean to incoming freshmen?

Also, how are General Education modules like in NUS? Do they contain a lot of writing?

lil_bear

Reaction score
Anyone gotten NTU matriculation package for this year intake already?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

igniteyourbonesx

Reaction score
Anyone gotten NTU matriculation package for this year intake already?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

HI

I just called up NTU admission office upon reading your post (lol kiasu sorry!)
and the lady said that the freshmen guide website is activated.

so you can do your online matriculation already.

(i was super excited hahaha that im doing mine rn)

otherwise, she said you can wait for the email which will be sent by this week:s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.