Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu3r4in

Reaction score
Daikin or ME Starmex both are good.

Just depend which look and function you prefer.
Daikin got eye motion function for saving energy.

ME got easy clean access, if wanna clean out by self then go ME is more worth it.

If just consider for single split then get ME you never went wrong. The air and cooling you will sastifed, cause cold and quite at all

Thanks kimsim for the recommendation, any particular models for ME I should be looking out for? Also is it recommended to get them from major electronics stores like Courts, best denki or gaincity or there is no difference?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks kimsim for the recommendation, any particular models for ME I should be looking out for? Also is it recommended to get them from major electronics stores like Courts, best denki or gaincity or there is no difference?

Actually you can walks around IMM and compare all the offers

ctrlplusf5

Reaction score
Hi Brothers and sister,

I am looking at Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Mitsubishi Starmex from my new flat.

And feedback regarding these 2 models?

Go with Starmex but stay away from MHI, aircon products they all have some problems at some point of time but MHI suppport is really really poor. Be warned.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Go with Starmex but stay away from MHI, aircon products they all have some problems at some point of time but MHI suppport is really really poor. Be warned.

To be honest MHI don't have a proper official website for each country, also don't have thier officially team support too.

Unlike ME.

ctrlplusf5

Reaction score
To be honest MHI don't have a proper official website for each country, also don't have thier officially team support too.

Unlike ME.

It depends on the agent. For this brand, Wong Kee Hong is the agent and they are quite horrible.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Hi All,
Pls help advise, I stay in a 1st generation HDB 5Rm point block.
It has 3 bedrms and the Living area and Dining area is a L-shape.
Block has been MUP upgraded as my block is >30yrs old.

Mainly I run aircons for 3 bedrooms daily in the evenings 9pm to 8am for sleeping.
Living and Dining not used often unless there's a heatwave or haze or when hv guests in CNY.
If using Living+Dining aircon then I won't use any of the bedrooms aircons.

I shortlisted Mit Elec system 4.
Which configuration suits me best ?
(1) 4A28A + GE10VA X 3 + GE24VA (or 26VA ?? )
(2) 4A38A + GE10VA X 3 + GE26VA
( GE24VA or GE26VA for Living+Dining )
(my Living+Dining is total 40sqm).

Any expert comments welcomed. Thanks in advice.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi All,
Pls help advise, I stay in a 1st generation HDB 5Rm point block.
It has 3 bedrms and the Living area and Dining area is a L-shape.
Block has been MUP upgraded as my block is >30yrs old.

Mainly I run aircons for 3 bedrooms daily in the evenings 9pm to 8am for sleeping.
Living and Dining not used often unless there's a heatwave or haze or when hv guests in CNY.
If using Living+Dining aircon then I won't use any of the bedrooms aircons.

I shortlisted Mit Elec system 4.
Which configuration suits me best ?
(1) 4A28A + GE10VA X 3 + GE24VA (or 26VA ?? )
(2) 4A38A + GE10VA X 3 + GE26VA
( GE24VA or GE26VA for Living+Dining )
(my Living+Dining is total 40sqm).

Any expert comments welcomed. Thanks in advice.

If you seldon turn on living room should get 4A28VA with 10x3 + 24VA good than enough, if your Aircon leadge and window high at least 900mm for carry out from the window access for 4A38VA then may consider for 10x3 + 26VA will do..

Otherwise current limitation was lock at 8.5A = 1900w should nothing can do with bigger capacity.

Anyway should refer to specs catalog data

terumo

Reaction score
To STREAM2,

Your first option should be sufficient.
The 4a38 is an overkill as you seldom use all 4 at the same time.
40sqm requires are 20k btu to cool down, 24k is good enough.

theongreyjoy

Reaction score
Aircon

Hi guys,

My 5 room HDB is undergoing renovation and I recently chose Mitsubishi Starmex System 4. 2x 12000 BTU (Master and one room that was made bigger by eating into the store room), 9000 BTU (smaller room) and 24000 BTU in living area. The outside unit is 38000 BTU.

I have some questions.

1) With that setup, will I be able to run all 4 at the same time or will there be lowered performance. If there is lowered performance, will I still be able to run at least all 3 rooms without the living room perfectly?

2) The contractors started to install the piping yesterday. I asked for thicker insulation as most of it will be hidden in the false ceiling/L-Box. I noticed during installation that the insulation is Armaflex Class 1 1/2". I believe that is good enough. I went back today to double check all the pipes again and noticed that some of the insulation is 3/8" and I think I even saw one that was 1/4". What I noticed that the insulation that goes to the Living and Master is 1/2" while the smaller room seems be using 3/8". Is the aircon guy trying to cut cost or does he have a good reason to do so?

3) Because most of it is going to be hidden above a false ceiling and L-Box, i also noticed that they did not install any trunking over the area of the false ceiling. So I see trunking when it comes down from the false ceiling but above it is all just free without any trunking. Again, is this a norm, or is the aircon guy trying to cut cost. Even so, will it affect the aircon, could there be leaks or will there be no different with or without trunking.

Thank you to whoever can help me with these questions :)

chongpang

Reaction score

I also confused who to buy from All Best, Best Denki, Best Tech, Courts, Gain City, Giant or NTUC?

I want to buy Starmex and was told to buy direct from Mitsubishi dealer and installer, anyone has their direct contact?

Most complains were due to installation. Is there any website to check if they use in-house ISO well trained staff, and not from unknown 3rd party like Best Tech who installed wrong copper wires or missing parts which leads to leakage and breakdown?

STREAM2

Reaction score
Thanks to Kimsim and Terumo for both yr valuable advice.

I'll stick to 4A28VA due to window limitation and save some money.
As my Living and Dining is L-shaped, the 24VA will be at Dining and I will just have to buy a Vornado fan to aim airflow towards my Living area ( I cannot install unit at Living as unable to replace new piping which runs behind my built-in wardrobe which was installed many years ago).
My original plan was to get a Sys 3+2 and now has to be Sys 4 due to piping.

How come current limitaton locked at 8.5amps , cos my plug is the 3-round pin and I thought is 15amp plug for my upgraded HDB....confused on this aspect.

theongreyjoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So the insulation written Class 1 Armaflex H-012 (1/2")" and Class 1 Armaflex H-006 (1/4") is the size of the copper pipe and not the thickness of the insulation? Are those two insulation brands good for keeping aircon pipes above L-Box? Those are the two different wordings on the insulation pipes I noticed. Some pipes is written 1/2 and some are 1/4. Normal?

If i measure the thickness of the insulation, what measurements should I look out for? As I am paying for "Thicker Insulation", I want to know if its really thicker as I don't even know what thin ones look like. haha

Sauzan

Master Member
Reaction score
Why is it that barely after 3 months that I did a chemical washing, my aircon start to leak again? Grrr..

And does anyone have a reliable air con maintainer to intro?

terumo

Reaction score
To theongreyjoy,

The 3/8 u saw should be referring to the insulation internal hole measurement.
The thickness of the insulation, you can visually see, they should be of the same thickness regardless of the internal hole.
For 9k/12k btu for Mitsubishi, the pipe size should be 1/4 & 3/8.
For 18k should be 1/4 & 1/2.
24k btu should be 3/8 & 5/8.
Pls check on all your pipe size and ensure they are of the correct size as using an undersized pipe size will lead to many issues such as condensation or aircon not colling down fast enough.

If you turn on all at the same time, the 4 fancoil max btu is 38k btu.
So you living will be around 18k btu.
2 bedrooms around 7k btu each.
1 bedroom around 6k btu.

terumo

Reaction score
To STREAM2,

You can check your block amp limitation online via HDB site.
The round plug is correct, its for aircon usage.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok.. but I dont think they going to redo the piping...

what if they bend the pipe so that the water doesnt flow in? i am worried if they going to touch the pipe and there will be further more complications that will happen

frezhman

Reaction score
Hi. I newbie in this n after browsing thru, really hope to get expert advice on my 5rm resale flat. Got a quote for MHI sys4 below:
Scm80zj
srk50zm (living rm = 6.7m x 6.6m)
srk25zm x 3 (3 rooms, avg 4m x 4m)
Total $3850 with bracket.

Reasonable or any other model to recommend? E.g starmex? Thx many many..

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Mine all 9k btu x4 using 1/4 & 1/2. Will have any issues?

Yes can be cause the compressor runing not smoothly on receiving gas.

The standard for 9k at 6.3mm & 9mm dia at least.
1/2" = 12mm dia too big already.

If inverter unit only suitable for 18k and above

terumo

Reaction score
To gentoro,
If your 9k btu unit is using 1/4 & 1/2 piping, its good as this is bigger then required and reduces chances of condensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.