[SG50] Who still remember Bookworm Short Stories?

coolmyth

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi childhood pocket money went mostly into buying these books. :(

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
This is the bookworm song still stuck in my head

I am a bookworm a very special one. A worm that can read write sing and dance. Reading is fun, reading is fun. So be like me....just be like me.....

lmao u bought the cassette tape

mrups

Reaction score
Their bookshop was at selegie house. I remembered every weekend I was there and it was the in-place for parents to bring the kids and spend the weekend reading. Lots of bookworm activities those days that was the best source for books.

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
post some pic
go kun riao

bookworm_gang.gif

https://jeremysng.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/some-things-i-remember-from-the-90s/

6. Who can forget Mimi, Sam Seng, Fat Ani, Smarty, and the rest of the Bookworm Gang?
Although the short stories were too short for my liking, I still enjoyed them anyway. Never could explain why..I remember the books were damn expensive and damn thin…only a few pages. I always suspected the author of Bookworm stories was anti-teachers. Why else would he/she name the form teacher Ms. Goon?

And every year the Bookworm company would come down to my school to sell books and coerce us into joining the “Bookworm Club”. (I remember there was even a member card)

And everytime the Bookworm auntie will read us a story from the latest Bookworm book. But she won’t tell us the ending, and asked us to buy it. KNS.

bttorn

Banned
Reaction score
I realize the Louie always never solve any mysteries, its like his sole existence is to be the niao kia

And also who can forget the villian hoo li gan :s13:

nasilemak100

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last time jin shiok if got those bookworm club promoter come to hall and talk some stories from the book.

usually can eat into the 1st period or 2nd period of lesson :o

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
young generation got vinny the little vampire comic :o

Constable Acai,Vinny The Vampire,Freaky and YG kept me occupied throughout my childhood.Always subscribed to YG and looked forward to receiving them in the mail every month.

Constable Acai always remained a Constable and made me think that policemen were our friends.

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow I used to have these books .. Not cheap!!

Wonder how they manage to hoodwink my parents to buy... Lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.