[SG50] Who still remember Bookworm Short Stories?

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still have some leftovers

P_20150615_231313_zpslqcthva6.jpg

P_20150615_231330_zpslbrnirzs.jpg

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
post some pic
go kun riao

bookworm_gang.gif

https://jeremysng.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/some-things-i-remember-from-the-90s/

6. Who can forget Mimi, Sam Seng, Fat Ani, Smarty, and the rest of the Bookworm Gang?
Although the short stories were too short for my liking, I still enjoyed them anyway. Never could explain why..I remember the books were damn expensive and damn thin…only a few pages. I always suspected the author of Bookworm stories was anti-teachers. Why else would he/she name the form teacher Ms. Goon?

And every year the Bookworm company would come down to my school to sell books and coerce us into joining the “Bookworm Club”. (I remember there was even a member card)

And everytime the Bookworm auntie will read us a story from the latest Bookworm book. But she won’t tell us the ending, and asked us to buy it. KNS.

The original Bookworm gang was Smarty, Porky, Edison, Mimi, Sam Seng and Louie. Mimi and Edison are twins.

Fat Ani and Simone came much later.

Kokku and Dollah are the last 2 characters.

yummie

Suspended
Reaction score
The original Bookworm gang was Smarty, Porky, Edison, Mimi, Sam Seng and Louie. Mimi and Edison are twins.

Fat Ani and Simone came much later.

Kokku and Dollah are the last 2 characters.

i read until kokku only, father is roti prata seller. dollah no impression of him

sggirlsareflatchested

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have the one off comic book inspired by terminator movies with both ah seng and louie becoming rich men (both toymakers i think), ah seng the bitter and unscrupulous one while louie is kind and generous.

ah seng made edison (who is working for him) to create an android resembling porky and have him back into the past to kill the young louie before he meet a samsui woman who changed his life from a brat to a great person.

quite cool man!

potato-sama

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crap, now that you said it.. I just thought the shot super dramatic. HAHAHAHA

Also, any chance of finding a copy at Bras Basah Complex? I lost my copy ages ago.. they were pretty good stories.

yummie

Suspended
Reaction score
i have the one off comic book inspired by terminator movies with both ah seng and louie becoming rich men (both toymakers i think), ah seng the bitter and unscrupulous one while louie is kind and generous.

ah seng made edison (who is working for him) to create an android resembling porky and have him back into the past to kill the young louie before he meet a samsui woman who changed his life from a brat to a great person.

quite cool man!

can gpgt the comic boh??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.