Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tronian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

need some advice here.
I am using a starmex system 3 invertor system which is 12 yrs old and it seems to have broken down.
I called an aircon guy for cleaning as it was blowing normal air instead of cool air.
the aircon came down and said one of the parts in the compressor is spoilt and there is no replacement in whole of Singapore.
he say the part is in a bunch of 3 and 1 failed.

He says I cannot buy starmex again as the new system would not fit my current piping and only dalkin system will fit my current piping.

anyone know if this is true that I can only buy dalkin aircon system to replace old starmex system?!?!?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi All,

need some advice here.
I am using a starmex system 3 invertor system which is 12 yrs old and it seems to have broken down.
I called an aircon guy for cleaning as it was blowing normal air instead of cool air.
the aircon came down and said one of the parts in the compressor is spoilt and there is no replacement in whole of Singapore.
he say the part is in a bunch of 3 and 1 failed.

He says I cannot buy starmex again as the new system would not fit my current piping and only dalkin system will fit my current piping.

anyone know if this is true that I can only buy dalkin aircon system to replace old starmex system?!?!?

12 yrs old Starmex got inverter alrwady?

Mind to share which model for outdoor unit and indoor unit just label below of FCU.

Thanks

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes can be cause the compressor runing not smoothly on receiving gas.

The standard for 9k at 6.3mm & 9mm dia at least.
1/2" = 12mm dia too big already.

If inverter unit only suitable for 18k and above

1/2" is the insulator la. 1/4" is the 22G copper pipe (6.8-7mm).

Last edited:

HolySleepy

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone engaged Aron Putt from starcoolaircon recently? Able to share your experiences from the services he (or his partner) rendered?

tronian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
12 yrs old Starmex got inverter alrwady?

Mind to share which model for outdoor unit and indoor unit just label below of FCU.

Thanks

They told me is inverter one leh.
model as below.
75iHCfz.jpg

tronian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This unit is non inverter model, cause the gas is R22, you can try to change outdoor non inverter unit as any models or brand will be works fine too

oh, so just change the outdoor unit can liao ah... well, the indoor unit already quite old.. think might be a time to change also, so does it mean the piping for the old unit can no longer be used by the new unit?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
oh, so just change the outdoor unit can liao ah... well, the indoor unit already quite old.. think might be a time to change also, so does it mean the piping for the old unit can no longer be used by the new unit?

Ya if wanna change to inverter unit..
The Cooper & wiring all must be new.

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know for those older flats with max total running current allowed of 8.5A and the house's aircon system is already provided with an additional 15A power point, does it mean the system will be running at full capacity or it will still be limited to 8.5A?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone know for those older flats with max total running current allowed of 8.5A and the house's aircon system is already provided with an additional 15A power point, does it mean the system will be running at full capacity or it will still be limited to 8.5A?

Power point just related to fuse on MSB only.
The higher load may lock at 8.5A for full tuns on at same time, if just turn on 2 units the power still runing on lower amp only.

That meant the Aircon won't kick in as higher & optimum capacity on the compressor, that meant full turns may take some time to cooling down, unlike non current limitation would be kick in optimum capacity & BTUs for quickly cool down the room.

Last edited:

rippedoff

Reaction score
hi a friend was recommended to consider this offer of a japan brand aircon sys1 inverter i think, brand new with full wty for under 480. before anyone start jump and attack, this offer was not from some subcon or individual no name seller, but by a rather renowned and even popular retailer here. and confirm not old or refurb set, is box brand new model. the only thing is installation is separate, about 200something. those recommending this said the product is genuine and the installation not bad. but my friend not sure because all us others usually talking in thousands and thousands, but don't mind can try see. asking on friend behalf, have anyone heard of this before..or any similar experience to share or to take note thanks!

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi a friend was recommended to consider this offer of a japan brand aircon sys1 inverter i think, brand new with full wty for under 480. before anyone start jump and attack, this offer was not from some subcon or individual no name seller, but by a rather renowned and even popular retailer here. and confirm not old or refurb set, is box brand new model. the only thing is installation is separate, about 200something. those recommending this said the product is genuine and the installation not bad. but my friend not sure because all us others usually talking in thousands and thousands, but don't mind can try see. asking on friend behalf, have anyone heard of this before..or any similar experience to share or to take note thanks!

brand & model? :vijayadmin:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

Japan brand also inverter no such cheap thing lah..

Used set maybe can find at that price :)

rippedoff

Reaction score
confirm japan brand inverter.
confirm brand new in box.
confirm local agent warranty.
confirm unit itself under 500.
confirm renowned retailer.
the only thing not confirm is who installers coming do how good or bad
thats why asking anyone know?
or if anything to take note if really installing
is this new market trend?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
confirm japan brand inverter.
confirm brand new in box.
confirm local agent warranty.
confirm unit itself under 500.
confirm renowned retailer.
the only thing not confirm is who installers coming do how good or bad
thats why asking anyone know?
or if anything to take note if really installing
is this new market trend?

if you want my friend can able to help up..

what's the brand? :s13:

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Power point just related to fuse on MSB only.
The higher load may lock at 8.5A for full tuns on at same time, if just turn on 2 units the power still runing on lower amp only.

That meant the Aircon won't kick in as higher & optimum capacity on the compressor, that meant full turns may take some time to cooling down, unlike non current limitation would be kick in optimum capacity & BTUs for quickly cool down the room.

So even if theres no limit set on the compressor itself, it will only pull 8.5A max? Or if theres no current limit set on the a/c system and if the load goes higher than 8.5A it will trip the house? thanks!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
So even if theres no limit set on the compressor itself, it will only pull 8.5A max? Or if theres no current limit set on the a/c system and if the load goes higher than 8.5A it will trip the house? thanks!

Won't be trip lah, for your power point can be over load at 15A if maximum full load.

Just refer to the standard normal input watts was 2180w = 9.75A from the factory setting, also @ 7.5kw cooling capacity = 25,600 BTU they have minimum to maximum can be varies wattage from the compressor.

B915FB91-ECA7-4023-A744-58D55FE4FDD9_zpsdigmctz9.jpg

That meant in our unit has been lock at 8.5A = 1900w also maximum for tuns on 3 units FCU or maximum load, even you adjusted the lower temperature degree else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.