NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincaifish

Reaction score
Haha. Probably she thought that way coz she did not have to let her brain rust for 2 years due to NS. I will be going for both though, as not touching them for 2 years straight will make me struggle badly if i were to not refresh my concepts.
Are you joining any camps? I don't like that the they clash with the sessions and we have to choose to forgo one or the other.

Lostzw

Reaction score
Are you joining any camps? I don't like that the they clash with the sessions and we have to choose to forgo one or the other.

Already signed up for my course's foc. See whether they will select me anot :)i agree on that forgoing part though.

summervin

Reaction score
By the way do not be too happy with starting from year 2. Some of my friends went in and totally lost. My suggestions: buck up your programming and physics knowledge. Always prepare yourself before going in. With that, i wish you all the best and may god bless you.

Sent from anywhere using GAGT

Thanks for your advise! I will definitely do more homework from now onwards!

Analise

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone got their offer for NUS ASEAN scholarship dy?
I went to the interview in mid April but still no news of the outcome. I've heard from some seniors that the outcomes will be released in batches by June. And this lead to my next question, for seniors who were noticed successful of the scholarship application in JUNE of previous years, around when did you hear from nus? As in early June, mid or end June? :D

Also, the scholarship focuses more on Academic merit, CCA or performance at the interview?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Ya just checked the joint acceptance portal and I was offered my 2nd choice! Does that mean my appeal still hold though?
Wow so they rejected me and they accepted me again-.-

For this, you might want to check with them whether your appeal is still in progress. Also ask them whether you can keep your current offer if they are still processing your appeal. (Better to have an offer secured than none in the end)

Take it or leave it :)

Most likely somebody decided to change his / her course. Thus, there is one slot to fill and you are the lucky one. Could be other reasons though. :)

Sent from anywhere using GAGT

Last edited:

Nickttmseller

Reaction score
Hi. Anywhere I can check my appeal status? I applied for NTU Accountancy on 15 May. But yet until now still no news of my appeal.

lil_bear

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have emailed NTU to ask whether there are any refresher courses specially for comp sci student( discrete math, digital electronics, computational thinking)...but they keep sending me courses mostly for EEE organised by college of engineering ( physics, engineering math, functions... etc), which seems not relevant for me.

So i guess comp sci students have no refresher course that is useful to apply? Anyone knows anything...

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

paydrochoi

Reaction score
Not to be rude or anything but you've already been accepted but you decided to call them up to ask whether it is due to your appeal?

You have already been accepted but yet you want to trouble them?

Don't you think you are being very selfish? Have you ever spared a thought for the trouble the staff had to go through just so you can satisfy your curiosity? You think the staff are too free to entertain your trivial questions?

You have already been accepted. Be happy with it and don't bother the staff.

I can't believe such people exist. When you graduate from university, I can tell that you are going to be a selfish supervisor and your subordinates will suffer.

You have went too far.. Surely he could have spared the staff some trouble but I don't think he deserve that kind of criticism.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have emailed NTU to ask whether there are any refresher courses specially for comp sci student( discrete math, digital electronics, computational thinking)...but they keep sending me courses mostly for EEE organised by college of engineering ( physics, engineering math, functions... etc), which seems not relevant for me.

So i guess comp sci students have no refresher course that is useful to apply? Anyone knows anything...

As far as i know, there is one refresher course: Mathematics Preparatory Course for Computer Engineering students as they are taking Engineering Maths 1 and 2 in their first semester / second semester. (That was during my time)

Other than that, you need to study on your own which you can access the curriculum and make preparation for it.

Curriculum for JC student / Others:

http://sce.ntu.edu.sg/Programmes/CurrentStudents/Undergraduate/Documents/2015/AY1516%20SCE%20CS%20(16%20Mar%202015).pdf

Curriculum for Exempted Polytechnics Students:

http://sce.ntu.edu.sg/Programmes/CurrentStudents/Undergraduate/Documents/2015/AY1516%20SCE%20CSPoly%20(06%20Apr%202015).pdf

This year is getting more competitive than before. CZ1003 Introduction to
Computational Thinking is set as exemption for Polytechnic Student. I would suggest you to take up CZ1003 Introduction to Computational Thinking module unless you are really proficient in your programming. If not, don't take the risk.

You can find the references from this website:

https://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/library/engl/files/2013/04/SCE-RBR-1213Semester2-Rev8Apr.pdf

furnote

Reaction score

Hi, I am matriculating to computer science in ntu too.

There's a preparation course for engineering math 1 which is a core module for us. it's a 3weeks long, 10 sessions(3hours each) course.

It's organized for COE students(computer engineer & science). if you don't have the detail, I could send it to you.

Last edited:

furnote

Reaction score
Hi, I am matriculating to computer science in ntu too.

There's a preparation course for engineering math 1 which is a core module for us. it's a 3weeks long, 10 sessions(3hours each) course.

It's organized for COE students(computer engineer & science). if you don't have the detail, I could send it to you.

BTW, the COE orientation camp clashes with this course, so I am still thinking of which to go...
anyone can suggest which is more beneficial for me to attend?
the camp or refresher course?

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Not to be rude or anything but you've already been accepted but you decided to call them up to ask whether it is due to your appeal?

You have already been accepted but yet you want to trouble them?

Don't you think you are being very selfish? Have you ever spared a thought for the trouble the staff had to go through just so you can satisfy your curiosity? You think the staff are too free to entertain your trivial questions?

You have already been accepted. Be happy with it and don't bother the staff.

I can't believe such people exist. When you graduate from university, I can tell that you are going to be a selfish supervisor and your subordinates will suffer.

What's wrong with you ? Why are you so paranoid ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.