[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the current plan, the passives you get by breaking down Legendary items with special effects in Kanai's Cube do not replace passive skills on your character, but are instead part of a separate set of passives that are specifically stored within the cube. You can store as many special effects as possible in the cube, but only a limited number can be active at a given time (currently, this is three: one weapon effect, one armor effect, and one jewelry effect).

all slots have
eg

boots - crudest boots
shoulders - vile ward
helm - Andrieal Visage
Gloves - TNT
Bracers - gundo
shield - Denial

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the combat changes are a step in the right direction though. I'm more interested in the Kanai cube. Them also giving more XP for tougher mob looks interesting, though I have no idea what is "tougher" in their definition.

kanai cube? doesn't solve itemisation imo. it's definitely interesting but it will only know IF they manage to balance the legendaries and set items somehow. i dun think they will deviate from their 6pc legendary concept so... hard to say.

i think the more xp for tougher mob could be defined by acts. generally the higher the act, the more difficult the mobs (zombies>lacunis>hulking beast>corrupted angels).

Vulpix

Reaction score
kanai cube? doesn't solve itemisation imo. it's definitely interesting but it will only know IF they manage to balance the legendaries and set items somehow. i dun think they will deviate from their 6pc legendary concept so... hard to say.

i think the more xp for tougher mob could be defined by acts. generally the higher the act, the more difficult the mobs (zombies>lacunis>hulking beast>corrupted angels).

According to the popular guy in reddit, the kanai cube:
You break down passives and they are stored specifically in the cube. The cube can store an unlimited amount, but only so many can be activated at a single time. Currently one weapon, one armor, and one jewelry effect.

Diablo 3 logic of tough = 20 trillion hp on white creep

:3
Nah, needs more jailer and frozen. :s13:

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read all about the ptr liao actually and is dling it now. but if kanai cube does what it says, they need to balance the rest of the stuff otherwise we will see a repeat of BiS affixes. i can already think of a few actually.

dezzo69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new ptr stuff just adds more power creep without solving the core problems....

i like the cube. it kinds of allow talisman type effects and makes use of legendaries with crap stats.

but yes. d3's core problems still exist regardless... and its the core problems that drives people away once they rushed through the content.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like the cube. it kinds of allow talisman type effects and makes use of legendaries with crap stats.

but yes. d3's core problems still exist regardless... and its the core problems that drives people away once they rushed through the content.

and its the bell and whistles of each patch the drives people back
cuts both ways

also the problem of the game is different to all
for me the repeativeness and RNG is bad anything new is a short term boom for me

and i actually like AH (not rmah) but alot of people will argue on that point haaha

jimlwk

Reaction score
and its the bell and whistles of each patch the drives people back
cuts both ways

also the problem of the game is different to all
for me the repeativeness and RNG is bad anything new is a short term boom for me

and i actually like AH (not rmah) but alot of people will argue on that point haaha

D3 Devs already stated that the game will be a cycle of short term enjoyment and fun before leaving and waiting for new patch.

Anyways, a big NO to trading sia (currently within grp it's fine).. it will be P2W if we can trade freely. The best alternative is prolly like what they've done with WoW. AH for trading or mats, certain gears but not the high tier gears.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
D3 Devs already stated that the game will be a cycle of short term enjoyment and fun before leaving and waiting for new patch.

Anyways, a big NO to trading sia (currently within grp it's fine).. it will be P2W if we can trade freely. The best alternative is prolly like what they've done with WoW. AH for trading or mats, certain gears but not the high tier gears.

there is no P2W because there is no win here
how do u define win?
doing T6?
Getting high Grift?
the is no PVP in D3, no competition at all (unless u count achievements?)

Look at DOtA, winning the dota tournament has $$$
right now its USD 13m prize money i think
In that game there is a clear winner and loser

then again i miss AH because there are some gear that i seem never to get
but not RMAH

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
higher GR is consider winning.. people will use that a gauge to compare their character

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
higher GR is consider winning.. people will use that a gauge to compare their character

its a self achievement process right?
afterall its bragging rights at best and maybe thats indeed winning to some

i still find it a little hard to consider it P2W
maybe its just my mindset that winning is a little more than just bragging rights
LOL

jimlwk

Reaction score
there is no P2W because there is no win here
how do u define win?
doing T6?
Getting high Grift?
the is no PVP in D3, no competition at all (unless u count achievements?)

The definition of win comes in many forms for various games. For D3 now, it's mostly gr progression, I am not a GR choingster but while ppl spend hours and hours to farm good gear to do 50+, some guys can just "buy" them when trading is allowed and that just screw the feeling of accomplishment.

Dota 2 was never in the p2w genre so dun see how comparing with that helps.

AH is might be gd if they allow trading of items perhaps craftin mats, ilvl 69 and below (for xmog).

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The definition of win comes in many forms for various games. For D3 now, it's mostly gr progression, I am not a GR choingster but while ppl spend hours and hours to farm good gear to do 50+, some guys can just "buy" them when trading is allowed and that just screw the feeling of accomplishment.

AH is might be gd if they allow trading of items perhaps craftin mats, ilvl 69 and below (for xmog).

We not talking about rmah but ah in its own sense. But there is so much gold now it's impossible to gauge the price of an item.

colonelsoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suddenly i have the urge to go back farming for that elusive starmetal....

ytd play for 15mins and rimeheart drop... at first thought another ******* fuliminator wanted to just straight thrash it.. heng

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its a self achievement process right?
afterall its bragging rights at best and maybe thats indeed winning to some

i still find it a little hard to consider it P2W
maybe its just my mindset that winning is a little more than just bragging rights
LOL

currently no AH so self achievement, but once there is AH, it is not self achievement already.. it's go back to P2W.. being TOP 1 in leaderboard got many perk.. 1st you can be a streamer and earned $$.. and use the $$ to be on top of your leaderboard..

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i like your level 69 idea
cannot push Grift (which is not that big a deal with me) but at least i get the item with specific affixes
:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.