iOs/Android Final Fantasy Record Keeper [JAP]

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score
Im stuck with the last two elites stages for the squall event. I notice some bros here running 4 melee + 1 healer. Is that better than 3 melee, 1 healer and 1 mage?

Reason being that im using Vivi as my mage at the moment and after he runs out of spells, he's kinda doing nothing because i didnt run retaliate on cloud.

I'm also running 4 melee + 1 healer. I'm currently using squall, Irvine, snow, Joshua & white mage. mages considered to be.. temp useful onli. once their spells out=knock out. They will be doing nothing for the rest of the battle and defending/attacking might cost u a medal in 'actions taken'. that why most ppl will NOT bring mages unless necessary. Even if boss criteria say need deal fire damage or elemental damage, try to c ur melee can fill in the gap anot, sometimes melee fighter can equip 1-2 star spell like seph and Joshua, so ask them use it to get the additional medal. You can also use fire/ice/wind/lighting strikes i.e. squall, tyro & celes & etc to get the medals. So in a nutshell, mages are really not necessary UNLESS all ur high power -ja spell is almost hone to the max.. THEN they can be very useful in boss fight. Other than tat I cannot tink of any more usefulness from mages.

SofaKing

Reaction score
I cleared all already now left ff7 and ff13 elites.

My standard teams is always

Vivi - Quake R2/Ga-spall r4
Cloud (Buster) - elemental blade R3/Dbl cut r4
Garnet - Curage R5/Any skills depending on stage (Protectga/esuna)
Wakka (Official ball) - Breaks/Breaks
Tidus - Blade Blitz R2/Dbl cutR3 or Break R2

RW : Sentinel Grimore for all elite stage

Ciccio

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm also running 4 melee + 1 healer. I'm currently using squall, Irvine, snow, Joshua & white mage. mages considered to be.. temp useful onli. once their spells out=knock out. They will be doing nothing for the rest of the battle and defending/attacking might cost u a medal in 'actions taken'. that why most ppl will NOT bring mages unless necessary. Even if boss criteria say need deal fire damage or elemental damage, try to c ur melee can fill in the gap anot, sometimes melee fighter can equip 1-2 star spell like seph and Joshua, so ask them use it to get the additional medal. You can also use fire/ice/wind/lighting strikes i.e. squall, tyro & celes & etc to get the medals. So in a nutshell, mages are really not necessary UNLESS all ur high power -ja spell is almost hone to the max.. THEN they can be very useful in boss fight. Other than tat I cannot tink of any more usefulness from mages.

unless u have icewhip/valkyrie/enchancer

then rydia/rinoa/terra can auto attk. :s22:

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score
unless u have icewhip/valkyrie/enchancer

then rydia/rinoa/terra can auto attk. :s22:

but even haf, since they r mages in essence, their base attack I tink also not very high like 100++. I like to use character that haf base att above 100 for maximum damages without taking synergy equip into the picture as we dun always haf the good synergy weapon for the stages, like seph, joseph, tidus & such. Base att 100+ wif a good weapon usually gives the char 1.2-1.5k damage, enuff to 2 hit KO an enemy, which in turn will maximise the 'turn taken' medals for mastery.

Ciccio

Master Member
Reaction score
but even haf, since they r mages in essence, their base attack I tink also not very high like 100++. I like to use character that haf base att above 100 for maximum damages without taking synergy equip into the picture as we dun always haf the good synergy weapon for the stages, like seph, joseph, tidus & such. Base att 100+ wif a good weapon usually gives the char 1.2-1.5k damage, enuff to 2 hit KO an enemy, which in turn will maximise the 'turn taken' medals for mastery.

it depends how u look at it.
(of course it works better in a synergized dungeon)
doing decent dmg is better than doing near-to no dmg at times.
especially (assuming) when you run outta ability points on your mages, the boss is more or less near to dying.

now there are 2 possibilities.
1) when boss dying, he all out u. and u are down to 3 dps (who are also almost dry and with your mage cbl now). u didn't manage to outlast the boss' all out atks. and gg.

2) when boss dying, he all out u. and u are down to 3.5 dps (with mages dry but can still do decent normal atks i.e. enchancer). u just manage to outlast/outblast boss. no champion but get the 'complete' items. which are usually the more sought after ones.

but ultimately, your preference is not to be faulted. play it your preferred way. enjoy the game more impt. :)

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score
it depends how u look at it.
(of course it works better in a synergized dungeon)
doing decent dmg is better than doing near-to no dmg at times.
especially (assuming) when you run outta ability points on your mages, the boss is more or less near to dying.

now there are 2 possibilities.
1) when boss dying, he all out u. and u are down to 3 dps (who are also almost dry and with your mage cbl now). u didn't manage to outlast the boss' all out atks. and gg.

2) when boss dying, he all out u. and u are down to 3.5 dps (with mages dry but can still do decent normal atks i.e. enchancer). u just manage to outlast/outblast boss. no champion but get the 'complete' items. which are usually the more sought after ones.

but ultimately, your preference is not to be faulted. play it your preferred way. enjoy the game more impt. :)

yes agree. coz I'm always looking at to master a stage, so 2 hit ko trash mob very impt for me. so battles leading to boss fight, I must get full medals. so my boss stage will be more relax. MOST IMPT REASON IS........ I HAF NONE OF THEIR 5*..................................>.<~~

Ciccio

Master Member
Reaction score
MAI LAR. OVERBUDGET LIAO. need to wait for next round liao. I aiming the FF7 dog. tat 1 is also useful~

NIKE man. YOLO!
now squall leh. hoot liao la! end of month! kaching soon!

btw RED13 is not a dog... he may appear canine but SE classify him as something else.
an 'animal'.

from ff wikia
Just as his name implies, he is an animal with fire-red fur. But under his fierce exterior is an intelligence surpassing that of any human's...
—Description

i liked him in ff7. but sadly his ffrk sprite like not nice. but then its a pixelated game. can't expect much.

Ciccio

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah lo.. actually I quite sad y no cat smith.. tat 1 super cute. Jap also dun haf rite?

correction for u: cait sith (a cat which practise the dark arts, not a jedi)

now dont have doesn't mean future dont have. but whether till then we still playing anot is another issue.

sleepypeppapig

Reaction score
correction for u: cait sith (a cat which practise the dark arts, not a jedi)

now dont have doesn't mean future dont have. but whether till then we still playing anot is another issue.

LOL!! I got the name TOTALLY WRONG!! LOL. scully by the time it comes.. we all lose interest in the game liao. lol

Beatrix

Reaction score
LOL!! I got the name TOTALLY WRONG!! LOL. scully by the time it comes.. we all lose interest in the game liao. lol

I'm in for the long haul lol because Beatrix is not yet released as a playable character. I can only fight her in a story dungeon for now. I can imagine putting $100 for her relic lol.

Ciccio

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm in for the long haul lol because Beatrix is not yet released as a playable character. I can only fight her in a story dungeon for now. I can imagine putting $100 for her relic lol.

I would love to do that too.. staying for long.
thats y I hope I wont be deterred by Dena's $ sucking tactics too soon.

especially when a massive meta changing release comes along.
i.e. base 6* weapons.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
X9C1qzC.jpg

Imba!!!! 10x thats 99990!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.