Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
Ideal materials used for installation will be
SWG 22 copper pipe, SWG23 is the min, do not use SWG 24.
Insulation of 3/8 thickness minimum.
16mm drainage with horizontal portion insulated.
Keystone brand control cables.

rcstfox

Reaction score
need some advice...planning to change my air cons.... 3 sys inverter.... was looking at ME starmex.... usage per day 8-10hrs... any reviews and where to get good price? was looking at coolforce and all best... any other shop? tia!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
staying in old 4 room hdb flat.. no aircon ledge. current one use bracket to hold the condenser.

Only EM can allow to bracket on wall at outside of master bedroom room, for normal flat.

Just dismantle the single unit and replace for system 4 will do

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not only EM can put 2 brackets.. my fren EA also got approval from HDB to put 2 brackets.. my 5rm unit I got email HDB to ask if can put 2 brackets and they reply can.. but end up I only install 1..

for-kel

Reaction score
Any recommendations for ac system 3. For 3 bedroom only.
What the item need to take note when choosing ac pls.
Thanks for the help

terumo

Reaction score
To for-kel,

The GE10 refer to the btu ~ 9k btu.
Starmex is the only model available from ME now.

bananaboat

Reaction score
To bananaboat,
$2.5k can get you a system 2 with installation and the necessary power supply.
Do not worry.

As this a old hdb unit, there is no air con ledge and power point for the air con, got people quoted me to fix power at $250 and bracket at $100, is this the market price?

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not only EM can put 2 brackets.. my fren EA also got approval from HDB to put 2 brackets.. my 5rm unit I got email HDB to ask if can put 2 brackets and they reply can.. but end up I only install 1..

Ur EM/EA built before or after 1994?

terumo

Reaction score
Toshiba has been under Carrier for sometime and its air-conditioning division is not affected by the recent market exit move.

tonytsh

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for either Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 inverter or Daikin system 3 inverter for my HDB resale flat. 9000 BTU for each unit.

I went to Gain City and All Best at IMM.

Gain City (total price is $3448)
- Air Con $3169
- Additional warranty for 5 years for blower and all parts $99
- Upgrade pipes to bigger pipes $180

All Best (total price is $3098)
- Air Con $2799
- Additional warranty for 5 years for blower and all parts $299
- Pipes are already 16mm bigger pipes
- Provides workmanship warranty that covers everything including condensation and any issues for 5 years

Which one should I go for? Or are there any other shops you guys recommend? Thanks in advance!

I bought mine from All Best few years back. So far I've been saddled with wiring problems and piping problems which they charge me although there's 5 years workmanship warranty. I am going to complain to them about this. So if the maintenance comes to a few hundred dollars more, I'll look for a more reliable company.

FandiAhmad17

Reaction score
I bought mine from All Best few years back. So far I've been saddled with wiring problems and piping problems which they charge me although there's 5 years workmanship warranty. I am going to complain to them about this. So if the maintenance comes to a few hundred dollars more, I'll look for a more reliable company.

Thanks for the information. My friends have advised me to get from Gain City as well. Pay more for peace of mind.

kuniabee

Reaction score
Any Recommendations?

Hello guys. Any recommendations of place to buy air con?

Came across these 2 company:
stlairconditioning
ctair-con

Anyone bought from these 2 company before?

Both got ongoing promotion. I called CTaircon and the salesperson recommend me MHI instead of Starmex as she said that MHI is more of a power saver (3 ticks) than Starmex (2 ticks). Also newer and cheaper lor.

Price wise, stl airconditioning is more cheaper. I need just one air con for my bedroom using around 4-5 hours daily. My mum don't want to use air con as she doesn't like it. Don't know how she tahan.

So should I go with system 1 or system 2? Anyway my house 3 room hdb flat.

Nowadays so hot I buay tahan already. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.