[IP Cam] Xiaomi IP Camera Xiaoyi

blackhorn

Reaction score
finally got it working.. yesterday the cameras were broken and today i can download properly...

Can anyone advise how to access this Cam using 3G network ? still trying to figure out how to view from outside home network. TIA !

Use "xiao yi camera " or "智能家庭"app to access to your xiao yi camera using the same wifi network, once it is successful , you can access to the camera thru the same app as long as there is internet connection.

AsteroidS

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally got it working.. yesterday the cameras were broken and today i can download properly...

Can anyone advise how to access this Cam using 3G network ? still trying to figure out how to view from outside home network. TIA !

what was ur problem?

cipram1

Reaction score
I need assistance

I have the XiaoMi Ant and it is working.
I have the following questions hope experts can help:

1) When the SD card is full, will it record over oldest files or just stop recording ?

2) Anyone try on SD64GB ?

3) The manual says a notification will be sent to the phone when motion is detected. This is not happening. Is the notification for XiaoMi phone only ?

Thanks.

juznuts

Reaction score
No idea. I use back the UK 3 pin plug provided from my singapore Xiaomi phone purchased. And now using Mi power bank to power it as the wire is very ugly lol.

May I know which mAh powerbank you using and how long does it last before you have to switch out the powerbank?

I managed to get my Xiaoyi via 65daigou, but I seaship back to Singapore cause I wasn't sure if it would be considered sensitive for air.

bullfrog

Banned
Reaction score
I seem to be having problems using 3g too. Works on LAN though. Any firewall rules needed for remote access?

janamy1704

Reaction score
just tried... still cannot. the orange light is there forever... :(

I am also having some problems with my setup. Hope there are kind souls out here who can help.

I downloaded the Xiaoyi apps to my android phone. I did all that they prompted me to do. Connecting to the wifi was successful, however, when I reach the last instruction to connect the camera, it keep telling me that "Failed to connect camera".

The app showed me that my camera was found and I also verified that the device serial number was correct. I meddled, reset it for 1 hour, tried using different handset, from Xiao mi to my Samsung but it still gave me the same reason "Failed to connect camera".

Anyone facing the same issue with me? I have tried sourcing online for this problem but can't find any answers to it. :s11: :sad:

janamy1704

Reaction score
Use "xiao yi camera " or "智能家庭"app to access to your xiao yi camera using the same wifi network, once it is successful , you can access to the camera thru the same app as long as there is internet connection.

I tried using both apps to try to connect.....but still can't connect. :sad:

Is it something wrong with the camera or any setup I missed? Online states it just takes 5 mins.... but for me 1 hour later....it still doesn't connect.:(

FeDup

Reaction score
My Camera cant connect to my Router using WEP password.

Does it only work for WPA password Routers???

Anybody got any idea??

Thanks

rusty07

Reaction score
Did you guys add the camera to your mi account?

I am using it with no issue. Got notification etc. Yes...there is NO NIGHT VISION...

I want to know though is if i can add this to Synology NAS for recording instead

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$28 standard version, and $40 night vision model at lazada with shopback/codes until tonight.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting for my 2 pcs toy to arrive.

Curious how app supports multiple cameras?
Is it thumbnail view, splitscreens or flipscreen?

lampano

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got this CAM too, but 1 cam only authorize to 1 handphone?
Can it be shared to multiple phones?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How so? You got the night vision one?
got 2x normal one at S$28 after code/shopback, nightvision one could be gotten for under $40, (only need day surveillance). I trust the cans no difference in app functions, besides the IR light's. No issue with cam limitation considering low cost. (at least it's wide and sharp with nice design)

Both app limitations
1) cam cannot be shared wuth other account(1-to-1) pairing onl, without using weibo/sina sharing. (yet to be cfm) . Different phones/tabs same account ok
2) cannot run in background
3) motion detection/notification available but can't be configured.
4) everything goes thru xiaomiv server, feel privacy invaded.
. Thru rtsp, anyone with url can view image, good for no-logins sharing, bad for security
5) app or cam keeps reconnecting (perhaps my lousy router)
6) no official playstore app.
7) slow startup.
8) video recording/playback no audio.
9) HD/SD/AT streaming formats doesn't seem any different in pq and framerate. (est. 15fps)
10) multiple cans could have been in thumbnail/split/flipscreens better than having to exit one cam to go another.
~10cons within first12 hours, likely more..lol

Doubt any firmware hacks for xiaomi products, to enable use with 3rd party apps.

Last edited:

rusty07

Reaction score
Still can rtsp? Did u upgrade the firmware of the camera? i tot i read in the xiaomi forum that once u upgrade cannot rtsp anymore

rusty07

Reaction score
got 2x normal one at S$28 after code/shopback, nightvision one could be gotten for under $40, (only need day surveillance). I trust the cans no difference in app functions, besides the IR light's. No issue with cam limitation considering low cost. (at least it's wide and sharp with nice design)

Both app limitations
1) cam cannot be shared wuth other account(1-to-1) pairing onl, without using weibo/sina sharing. (yet to be cfm) . Different phones/tabs same account ok
2) cannot run in background
3) motion detection/notification available but can't be configured.
4) everything goes thru xiaomiv server, feel privacy invaded.
. Thru rtsp, anyone with url can view image, good for no-logins sharing, bad for security
5) app or cam keeps reconnecting (perhaps my lousy router)
6) no official playstore app.
7) slow startup.
8) video recording/playback no audio.
9) HD/SD/AT streaming formats doesn't seem any different in pq and framerate. (est. 15fps)
10) multiple cans could have been in thumbnail/split/flipscreens better than having to exit one cam to go another.
~10cons within first12 hours, likely more..lol

Doubt any firmware hacks for xiaomi products, to enable use with 3rd party apps.

You can actually share the camera. Share button on top. I think it's share to another xiaomi account

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When on and connected, is stable blue LED.
Every few hours, blue blinks for 10 seconds, what's that?
Xiaomi collecting image data?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.