7.5% NTUC FAIRPRICE Dividend

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there a cap on the maximum rebate on spending? My spending was exactly $6000, very round number..

sellbuyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry ... I read the above and understand already... that a good $.

Last edited:

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi really sorry to dig up this thread but at least I did a search before opening new thread.
So my 90 yo mother while in the process of closing her OCBC account and reopening a joint account with her chosen beneficiary discovered that she has been receiving div into her old OCBC account so after some checking realize is fair price shares. I have helped her change the new account details in the membership portal, would like to understand what is the process in the event of her passing?
1. The number of shares are 1xxx , don't remember the exact number but based on above discussion should be 1000 initial and xxx bonus.
2. So I read that shares are not transferable is the value of the shares $1.00 x 1xxx?
3. Since bank account already changed, div will be credited there no prob but is the buy back in event of her passing auto upon informing the death via the official channel?
4. So in short the process would be inform of passing, shares will be liquidated, the liquidated amount + accrued dividend +whatever supermarket rebates will be credited to the bank account in record?
Thanks so much for your help.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi really sorry to dig up this thread but at least I did a search before opening new thread.
So my 90 yo mother while in the process of closing her OCBC account and reopening a joint account with her chosen beneficiary discovered that she has been receiving div into her old OCBC account so after some checking realize is fair price shares. I have helped her change the new account details in the membership portal, would like to understand what is the process in the event of her passing?
1. The number of shares are 1xxx , don't remember the exact number but based on above discussion should be 1000 initial and xxx bonus.
2. So I read that shares are not transferable is the value of the shares $1.00 x 1xxx?
3. Since bank account already changed, div will be credited there no prob but is the buy back in event of her passing auto upon informing the death via the official channel?
4. So in short the process would be inform of passing, shares will be liquidated, the liquidated amount + accrued dividend +whatever supermarket rebates will be credited to the bank account in record?
Thanks so much for your help.
Yes, the shares are $1 each, non- transferable to another person nor another fairprice shareholder.
When Fairprice buys back, it will be $1*no of shares =$amount will be credited to the bank account that receives its dividends.
I guess you will have to inform Fairprice when that time comes then they will process the buy back. Or else how do they know the passing? Dividends and rebates are declared annually at AGM. So unlikely to receive any accrued whatever after payment date.

Best call Fairprice membership 6380 5853 on this matter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.