SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

awesomania

Reaction score
1) only the 1st and 10th session of IPT is IPPT. it is called IPT-IPPT and is conducted during IPT timing.

but you can book non-ICT IPPT at anytime but it is not counted under your 10 sessions IPT.

2) once you hit your target PPT, you are considered cleared for the year and do not have to go for any remaining IPT sessions.

3) if you got complete all 10 IPT sessions or hit your target PPT, next year it will be considered as a new IPPT window so you can take IPT again.

if you never complete all 10 IPT sessions, next year you will need to do RT instead. the number of RT sessions you need to do will be 20 minus the number of IPT sessions you have attended. e.g. if you did 8 IPT, you will need to do 12 RT.

4) no make up pay for IPT, RT and IPPT, only got half day rank pay, regardless if whether you are working or not.

Thanks for the reply!! Appreciate it. One more qns, is it "normal" to meet ppt requirement after like 3-4 session of ipt?
But next year requirement will be base on ipt result again or previous year result?

Thanks!!

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!! Appreciate it. One more qns, is it "normal" to meet ppt requirement after like 3-4 session of ipt?
But next year requirement will be base on ipt result again or previous year result?

Thanks!!

you want to 1st IPT session get PPT and then 2nd session clear PPT also can... nobody cares.

next year your PPT requirement will be +1 from your current PPT requirement or +1 from your next year IPT-IPPT, whichever is higher.

e.g. this year IPT-IPPT you only did Band 0. therefore your PPT target will be Band 1.

next year you get Band 0 for your IPT-IPPT again. but your PPT target will be Band 2.

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any PES B2 NSMEN here?

Hope somebody can help. Under the old system IPPT: I am upper limb excused. No need do pullup. But still take IPPT (to get pass without incentives)

What about the new ippt now? I think is not need do pushup. But like that my running and sit up need how much sia to pass?

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any PES B2 NSMEN here?

Hope somebody can help. Under the old system IPPT: I am upper limb excused. No need do pullup. But still take IPPT (to get pass without incentives)

What about the new ippt now? I think is not need do pushup. But like that my running and sit up need how much sia to pass?

No need to do push ups. 2 stations only.

Need 39 points to pass.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will like to share my experience at the Maju camp ippt, so that fellow nsmen can be careful too.
I was doing the 3 stations ippt. After being briefed the do's and dont's for push-up, we started. I started as the assistant first, ok done. When its my turn, we swap and i started doing. My assistant was counting very soft, but i can roughly hear. After around 30secs, the pti stopped the assistant saying that he was counting too soft so he cannot hear and had told void me as fault. Either I take a rest and redo in a while, or redo ippt another day. WTF?! After 30secs i did ard 23 pushups le then say no count, redo. He could have told my assistant after 1-2 counts if he is so deaf lor. The pti then tried shoo us away, but i was not happy turn ard and tried reasoning with him. I think he also know he was wrong trying to stun a nsman, so ask if i am willing to take 23 as the final count. I may have done 30 or so if he didnt stop me de lor, but I doubt I can redo another round leh. So suck thumb, i accept his offer.

THANKS HOR. TMD, try to be funny. So guys, be careful of hearing disability pti...

Ellsworth

Reaction score
Just a question for those taking ipt/rt at bedok camp, how big are the lockers there? Big enough to put a full face motorcycle helmet in?

Calander

Reaction score
Just a question for those taking ipt/rt at bedok camp, how big are the lockers there? Big enough to put a full face motorcycle helmet in?

yes they have. but very limited. worst still, there are some already "locked" with the doors still open.

just be there early. best timing is around when the previous session of any kind (ippt, ipt or rt) ends.

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Question - if I fail my 14/15 window (Aug bday), i need to clear 20 RT from Aug 2015 till Aug 2016. Is this correct? A year to clear 20?

Are the weekend slots ultra difficult to book? I'm hoping to use every other weekend to clear the 20...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Question - if I fail my 14/15 window (Aug bday), i need to clear 20 RT from Aug 2015 till Aug 2016. Is this correct? A year to clear 20?

Are the weekend slots ultra difficult to book? I'm hoping to use every other weekend to clear the 20...

if you nv did any IPT, then it is 20 RT in 12 months.

weekend slots you need to book a few weeks in advance. you want to book 1-2 days in advance maybe no slots during peak season.

you want to clear 1 RT every other weekend very risky.

to clear 20 RT, you will need 40 weekdays, which means 10 months, leaving you with a buffer of 2 months only.

and then if you factor in PH that occurs on weekends, and the block off that occurs during x'mas, new year and cny, you really got no buffer left.

go for 1 RT every weekend not really that tiring. the 1st few sessions might be tiring but as your fitness picks up you will not feel tired anymore.

Potatoe

Reaction score
I completed the IPT in slightly over 2 weeks before (4+4+2 sessions). Basically meant that I went for training every other day during that 2 weeks..

Its correct that the first few sessions will be damn tiring. but once you get the pace going you eventually feel like signing up for extra sessions to get paid for exercising. Some FCCs have syt female trainers who will sometimes play pop music during the workout. After a while it feels like a commercial gym session. haha.

Last edited:

KimUDon

Reaction score
What are the activities for RT like nowadays? How many different tags to choose from? planning to go Maju FCC for RT..

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
ippt sexpert, what is the maximum rest time that i can drag arh?

i can do 49situp, but i need to rest damn long to recover for the run :s22:

i dun mind wasting 1 whole day at the fcc to slowly recover for $$$

izit possible to do stations in the morning then wait until 7pm to run 2.4km???

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ippt sexpert, what is the maximum rest time that i can drag arh?

i can do 49situp, but i need to rest damn long to recover for the run :s22:

i dun mind wasting 1 whole day at the fcc to slowly recover for $$$

izit possible to do stations in the morning then wait until 7pm to run 2.4km???

if you want to max rest time, in-pro for ippt early so your tag number will be the 1st static station detail.

then when they call for the 1st detail to go for 2.4km, you act blur don't go and only re-appear when they calling for last detail.

if that day got a lot of ppl taking ippt, you might be able to get 30++min of rest.

you want wait until evening then run is not possible.

i remember last time when i doing static ippt station then kena rain. then a senior pti came and told us to wait for the rain to stop so we can do 2.4km. he also said if the rain didn't stop by a certain time, he will void the ippt ($ for attendance still given) and out-pro us cos saf got a guideline on how much rest time ippt takers can rest.

i can't remember if it is "the entire ippt must be completed within an hour" or "2.4km run cannot be taken more than an hour after last static station".

i can't really remember the timing as well but it is definitely not morning static evening 2.4km.

wrathofgod

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have completed my 10th IPT session on 30th May. Now my windows open and check that I need to clear another 10 IPT sessions. My question is if I don't go for these 10 IPT sessions, will I have to go through 20 RT sessions in my next window?

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have completed my 10th IPT session on 30th May. Now my windows open and check that I need to clear another 10 IPT sessions. My question is if I don't go for these 10 IPT sessions, will I have to go through 20 RT sessions in my next window?

yes. or RT-D depending on how many IPTs u have attended (D = if is 9 sessions attended and below)

informal

Reaction score
found a loophole for IPT/RT needed only take IPPT once per window

let's stay u sign up for IPT.. 1st session do IPPT.. then do till 9th (since 10th is IPPT). let the window end, you will go into next window needed to take RT for balance of 11 sessions.

since RT-IPPT is 8/14/20th session. you do the 8th session IPPT then will end on 11th session. then you are cleared for the year.

like that means 1 ippt per year already! :s12: summore RT period can earn money

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
found a loophole for IPT/RT needed only take IPPT once per window

let's stay u sign up for IPT.. 1st session do IPPT.. then do till 9th (since 10th is IPPT). let the window end, you will go into next window needed to take RT for balance of 11 sessions.

since RT-IPPT is 8/14/20th session. you do the 8th session IPPT then will end on 11th session. then you are cleared for the year.

like that means 1 ippt per year already! :s12: summore RT period can earn money

er...

if you clear all 10 IPT, you no need go RT.

next year you only need to do IPT again.

and IPT gets paid now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.