Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Looking to install either MHI or ME system 3 anyone did yours recently please share pricing details and contact. Thanks! :D

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello guys. Any recommendations of place to buy air con?

Came across these 2 company:
stlairconditioning
ctair-con

Anyone bought from these 2 company before?

Both got ongoing promotion. I called CTaircon and the salesperson recommend me MHI instead of Starmex as she said that MHI is more of a power saver (3 ticks) than Starmex (2 ticks). Also newer and cheaper lor.

Price wise, stl airconditioning is more cheaper. I need just one air con for my bedroom using around 4-5 hours daily. My mum don't want to use air con as she doesn't like it. Don't know how she tahan.

So should I go with system 1 or system 2? Anyway my house 3 room hdb flat.

Nowadays so hot I buay tahan already. :(

Anyway go for ME Starmex system 2, 9k x 2 good than enough, get ME you won't regret one, 2 ticks or 4 ticks also depend the setting only

metaldagger

Reaction score
Hi, Planning too to get a starmex, but headache now is which company to get from? Read many poor installation stories.
Pls recommend who to buy from ? Thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Today got something on ME 2 ticks for sharing your here.
Below has simple info to understand a bit and before for selection and choosing your new Aircon.

Best on 2 Ticks, from ME Starmex 3A28VA Model

Note:
(2.5kw x 3412 = 8530 BTU)
BTU/Input Watt greater than 12EER = 4 ticks.

Non current limitation lock
Denoted for without current limitation lock is for
non suitable for all HDB flat only.

GE10VA = 2.5kw (Input watt 0.59kw) = 14.46EER
GE10VA x 2 = 5.0kw (1.28kw) = 13.3EER
GE10VA x 2 + GE13VA = 7.5kw (2.18kw) = 11.74EER (3 ticks)
GE10VA x 2 + GE18VA = 7.5kw (2.10kw) = 12.19EER (4 ticks)

Combine 2 indoors
GE10VA + GE13VA = 6.0kw = (1.74kw) = 11.77EER (3 ticks)
GE10VA + GE18VA = 7.2kw = (2.6kw) = 9.45EER (2 ticks) Poor
GE10VA + GE24VA = 7.2kw = (2.6kw) = 9.45EER (2 Ticks) Poor

-----------------------------------------------------------

Current limitation lock for HDB Flat only.
current limitation lock at 8.5Amp = 1910w
GE10VA = 2.5kw (Input watt 0.59kw) = 14.46EER
GE10VA x 2 = 5.0kw (1.28kw) = 13.3EER
GE10VA x 2 + GE13VA = 7.2kw (1.9kw) = 12.93EER (4 ticks)
GE10VA x 2 + GE18VA = 7.2kw (1.9kw) = 12.93EER (4 ticks)

Combine 2 indoors
GE10VA + GE13VA = 6.0kw = (1.74kw) = 11.77EER (3 ticks)
GE10VA + GE18VA = 6.7kw = (1.91kw) = 11.97EER (3 ticks)
GE10VA + GE24VA = 6.7kw = (1.91kw) = 11.97EER (3 Ticks)

Hope you guys/girls can be clear cut and understand what's
the meaning on Mitsubishi Electric Starmex getting 2 ticks only.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Aircon Recommendations

Hi guys,

I'm replacing my more than a decade old Mitsubishi units.

My home is a 5-room HDB but I plan to only install aircon in 2 rooms and the living room. My plan is to go for a system 2 + standalone for the living room. The 2 rooms are around 16m² each and the living room is around 30m².

The recommended heat displacement for each room is around 9k-11k BTU whereas for the living room, around 24k BTU(ideally).

My requirement would be for a single condenser unit to handle the simultaneous operation of the 3 fancoil units. So far, I was recommended models from LG and Fujitsu.

Any specific recommendation for the different brands and models of aircons?

Thanks in advance for any valuable inputs.

kuniabee

Reaction score
Anyway go for ME Starmex system 2, 9k x 2 good than enough, get ME you won't regret one, 2 ticks or 4 ticks also depend the setting only

Thanks bro. I've ordered the starmex (model: MUY/MSYGE10VA,(4 ticks), country of origin, Thailand) from stl air conditioning but say will come and install on 13th. Jialat! Bro, i heard people say 4 tick consumes more energy than 2 ticks? True anot?

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks bro. I've ordered the starmex (model: MUY/MSYGE10VA,(4 ticks), country of origin, Thailand) from stl air conditioning but say will come and install on 13th. Jialat! Bro, i heard people say 4 tick consumes more energy than 2 ticks? True anot?

In before all Starmex come with 4 ticks, after NEA change thier requirement as higher specs, so reduce to 2 ticks only.

One more thing current limitation lock at 8.5A = 1.9kw watt no matter how you turn all the power just like 4 ticks as well.

The most important thing from ME Starmex has a better quality design than others.

The indoor coil and easy clean is the prefect for after usage and easier for maintainance, can be said chemical wash can be useless.

IF comes to Aircon servicing man, they will prefer ME Starmex all the ways, cause easy for maintenance as well

Last edited:

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My aircon recently not cooling anymore suddenly. I don't know why.
I only turn on the aircon in the master bedroom. I occasionally on the aircon in my study room. My aircon setting is at 25degree.

Last week, i found that there is a musky smell when i turn on the aircon, and found the aircon is not as cooling as before. but in the morning after i wake up, the air feels cooler, though not as cold as last time.

I try all the other rooms (I have system 3 split mitsubishi electric starmex), and found all the other rooms aircon also not cold as before.

I go to see the outdoor compressor, it seems to turn on and then turn off after a while, then turn on again.

Does anyone has similar encounter before?

Is it gas leak? or compressor spoilt?

Any recommendation for repair contact?

terumo

Reaction score
To kuniabee,

Yours is a single system, its 4 ticks.
The higher number of ticks, the better it is at energy saving as claimed.

interpol

Reaction score
Hey guys! My mom went ahead and made a deposit for system 2 MHI without telling me anything beforehand.

SCM-45ZJS

SRK-25ZMS

SRK-35ZMS

Bracket -$150

15A PowerPoint - $180

= $2680

Is it alright? It's for her 2 room flat. Thanks!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey guys! My mom went ahead and made a deposit for system 2 MHI without telling me anything beforehand.

SCM-45ZJS

SRK-25ZMSH

SRK-35ZMS

Bracket -$150

15A PowerPoint - $180

= $2680

Is it alright? It's for her 2 room flat. Thanks!

Look like 4.5kw capacity = 15,300 BTU only, for 13k & 10k BTU.

Just said good luck for you

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
4.5kw is not enough? Sorry I totally have no knowledge about air conditioners :(

If 2x 10k btu also consider very smaller capacity, worth be slower to cooling down to compare as ME Starmex 2E20VA.

If possible just change to ME Starmex system 2, at least slightly bigger capacity than MHI

For example 5.0kw = 17k Btu more sufficient than 4.5kw = 15k Btu MHI only

91DA15FF-E31E-46D4-93D8-35B850C8BCBC_zpszqnwbvzn.jpg

Last edited:

interpol

Reaction score
Thank you kimsim! I'll go down to the shop tmrw to ask if it's possible to change to starmex. or maybe just change the cu to 7.5kw.

Last edited:

chomechome

Reaction score
Could someone recommend a ME Starmex system 3 for 5 rooms flat? Anything to take note on the materials used? Warranty?

Existing already have aircons, need to change piping and dispose.

thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Could someone recommend a ME Starmex system 3 for 5 rooms flat? Anything to take note on the materials used? Warranty?

Existing already have aircons, need to change piping and dispose.

thanks

ME system 3 for just the room only, can option for master bedroom for 13k and the rest of 10k x 2 and solve.

Just change the whole system with gas pipe and pvc drain pipe as well. ;)

chomechome

Reaction score
ME system 3 for just the room only, can option for master bedroom for 13k and the rest of 10k x 2 and solve.

Just change the whole system with gas pipe and pvc drain pipe as well. ;)

Any company to recommend? thanks

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My aircon recently not cooling anymore suddenly. I don't know why.
I only turn on the aircon in the master bedroom. I occasionally on the aircon in my study room. My aircon setting is at 25degree.

Last week, i found that there is a musky smell when i turn on the aircon, and found the aircon is not as cooling as before. but in the morning after i wake up, the air feels cooler, though not as cold as last time.

I try all the other rooms (I have system 3 split mitsubishi electric starmex), and found all the other rooms aircon also not cold as before.

I go to see the outdoor compressor, it seems to turn on and then turn off after a while, then turn on again.

Does anyone has similar encounter before?

Is it gas leak? or compressor spoilt?

Any recommendation for repair contact?

why nobody hiew me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.