Kawaguchiko

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Besides the lake, onsen and Fuji Q park, is there anything else to do in this region?

Still undecided between Konansou or Kozantei Ubuya. Saw a few have stayed at Konansou but is Kozantei Ubuya worth the difference?

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
booked Konansou with mt fuji view and private hotspring in room last dec.

very please with it, good service, clean big room, quite near station, near kachikachi ropeway.

but planning to try Kozantei Ubuya in our next visit to kawaguchiko.

Kozantei Ubuya views is better with lake and mt fuji in sight, but location is abit far..but still doesnt matter, as you can approach the tourist office at kawaguchiko station and get them to contact your ryokan and they will come over to pick you up..

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can visit the caves. my friend went and she liked the ice/wind cave.

Thanks. Will take note of it.

booked Konansou with mt fuji view and private hotspring in room last dec.

very please with it, good service, clean big room, quite near station, near kachikachi ropeway.

but planning to try Kozantei Ubuya in our next visit to kawaguchiko.

Kozantei Ubuya views is better with lake and mt fuji in sight, but location is abit far..but still doesnt matter, as you can approach the tourist office at kawaguchiko station and get them to contact your ryokan and they will come over to pick you up..

Thanks. Do you know if the Ubuya ryokan to station delivery is free upon request or need to pay?

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Will take note of it.

Thanks. Do you know if the Ubuya ryokan to station delivery is free upon request or need to pay?

i believe its free upon request.

i stayed at Hotel Mizuno & Konansou before. Can request for their pickup at tourist center, and when you're checking out from your ryokan, they will drop you off at the station too.

More of like a basic service over there i believe :s11:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Ubuya.

Hidden in one small clause in Japanese is

客室露天は温泉ではございません
http://www.ubuya.co.jp/room/room2.html#standard

I double check and this is meaning the outdoor bath inside the room is not Onsen! =:p
My boycott list now, in ryokan those outdoor bath in room should be onsen hot spring!:s22:

Please take note for people planning to stay Ubuya. Somemore charge so much to bath in hot water

lapucelle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best to drive... can go to ulu spots like the 1000 yen view.

wpid-20150221_135159-e1426586346359-576x1024.jpg

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, is the following plan possible? Is there any pass valid for the following trip or do I need to get single trip tickets?

1) Shinjuku to Fuji Q
2) Fuji Q to Kawaguchiko
3) Stay overnight at Konansou
4) Kawaguchiko to Gotemba
5) Gotemba to Shinjuku

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I have thought of the Hakone Pass but not sure if I would save much since I'll be going for 2 days only.

I read the terms and conditions (below) and found that one of teh return trips must be made by train which is quite odd. I read somewhere that taking the bus could save you 30-45mins from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko.

The round trip is to be done by Odakyu Railways between Shinjuku and Odawara and Fujikyu/Keio highway bus between Kawaguchiko Station and Shinjuku. You have to use the train for one of the two journeys and the bus for the other.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have thought of the Hakone Pass but not sure if I would save much since I'll be going for 2 days only.

I read the terms and conditions (below) and found that one of teh return trips must be made by train which is quite odd. I read somewhere that taking the bus could save you 30-45mins from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko.

The round trip is to be done by Odakyu Railways between Shinjuku and Odawara and Fujikyu/Keio highway bus between Kawaguchiko Station and Shinjuku. You have to use the train for one of the two journeys and the bus for the other.

yah, it is meant to be a round trip from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko to hakone and back to Shinjuku.

it might actually be faster for u to return by train from hakone.
it is 1hr by bus from Gotemba to Kawaguchiko, then another 2hrs by bus back to Shinjuku.
whereas it is only 30min by bus from Gotemba to Hakone, then 1.5hrs by train from Hakone to Shinjuku.

the fastest way is by direct bus from Gotemba to Shinjuku. but I dun think it is covered by the pass

HotSpring

Reaction score
Hi folks, is the following plan possible? Is there any pass valid for the following trip or do I need to get single trip tickets?

1) Shinjuku to Fuji Q
2) Fuji Q to Kawaguchiko
3) Stay overnight at Konansou
4) Kawaguchiko to Gotemba
5) Gotemba to Shinjuku

I'll be doing the following itinerary for Kawaguchiko, Hakone & Yamanashi area. I'm driving there so will also check out a vine yard and whiskey distillery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gqcs-rJ1R9M1pUc1FadGNkc00/view?usp=sharing

HotSpring

Reaction score
Anyone stayed at Konansou before can comment on whether the private open air bath is worth the price?

I'm still undecided on which room to book... keep cancelling and rebooking. Luckily Japanican allows free cancellation.

Currently I'm more inclined towards just getting a normal lake view room and book a private onsen bath instead. it's only 3000 odd yen compared to almost 20000 yen for the difference in room price.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone stayed at Konansou before can comment on whether the private open air bath is worth the price?

I'm still undecided on which room to book... keep cancelling and rebooking. Luckily Japanican allows free cancellation.

Currently I'm more inclined towards just getting a normal lake view room and book a private onsen bath instead. it's only 3000 odd yen compared to almost 20000 yen for the difference in room price.

Same situation here. I have booked Ubuya initially but cancelled it as their onsen is hot water instead. Maybe they put in some herbs but they didn't reply when I asked for confirmation. Their dinner is wagyu sukiyaki and seems to be much better than Konansou. On the second thought, I dip in onsen only a few times in the last 5 years so i probably won't know the difference between hot spring or just plain water haha.

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just came back from konansou just 2 weeks ago. its a bit old but the common onsen is the best i have ever been to (been to around 10 onsens). the food and service is also excellent as well.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just came back from konansou just 2 weeks ago. its a bit old but the common onsen is the best i have ever been to (been to around 10 onsens). the food and service is also excellent as well.

Thanks for sharing. Which room did you stay and are you able to view Mt Fuji in September? Is dinner more to sushi/sashimi style?

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Which room did you stay and are you able to view Mt Fuji in September? Is dinner more to sushi/sashimi style?

stayed in a lake view room. was there during the typhoon time so not much of a view. would have had a great view of the lake otherwise. dinner is a full kaiseki so there will be a great variety of dishes prepared in different styles. sashimi will only be one of the many dishes

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.