[Official] BlackBerry Priv: the Android Slider

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Its not venice when it launches.
And no, its not android. The reuters report mislead. (Remember the last time they also say bbry screw up when bbry didn't?) Not the first time the discredit bbry.

I didn't say it is going to be "Venice" at launch, that's just a code name as of this point. If anything else, maybe they would reuse the Storm branding.

As to whether it was Android, John had alluded to this awhile back for that super secure phone they were building for Boeing or something and as of now, just speculations. I am skeptical of their claims that they can secure Android; QNX has the security baked in ground up, not so easy to port.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it is going to be "Venice" at launch, that's just a code name as of this point. If anything else, maybe they would reuse the Storm branding.

Think you meant Torch. Anyway, my Z10 is getting on in its years liao. Hope they get this out faster. :vijayadmin:

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would you buy still, if they scrapped the bb10 (entirely for slider) for android?
I don't think so unless it feels the same as the current BB10. I don't want to use a 'home' button' or have no control over the apps that run in the background.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah! I was right. They used the curved screen to have a larger battery.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even if it runs android ? :p

Yes! I only like BB for it's keyboard (hardware) not for the reliable QNX OS and BIS. I was on the Motorola Fire for awhile before it gave out on me and I had to resort to normal phones.

Boner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even if it runs android ? :p
Yes of cos. For the sake of increasing bb handset adoption rate, they need to inject some android functionality. It'll be cool if Venice can run android app out of the box without compatibility(screen resolution and software) issues like passport, z30.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.