[July] Itinerary suggestion needed.

yosemi

Reaction score
[Day 1] Sunday

Arrival at TPE @ 12pm
Will chk in at XMD
Elephant Mountain before sunset
At night maybe will visit clubs (any suggestion?)

[Day 2] Monday

[Day 3] Tuesday

Tamsui
北投
Shilin Night market

[Day 4] Wednesday

wu fen pu
rao he Night Market

[Day 5] Thursday @ Taichung

Taking HSR to taichung staying @ fengjia
gaomei wetland evening
feng jia night market

[Day 6] Friday @ Taichung

[Day 7 ] Sat @ Taichung

Need to reach airport by 5.30pm

First time in taipei need suggestion
Seeing that alot ppl going to Cingjing, but I doesnt want to stay overnight there is it good to go ?

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 2:
Can go Yangmingshan for the morning half, Beitou geothermal valley should be close on Mon..
Reach Danshui Old Street around 2pm, after that then go Fishermans Wharf for sunset..On the way back go Shilin

Day 3:
Find something to fill up the morning..Reach Wufenpu around 3-4pm..2pm also many shops not open yet..

Day 4 can do a Jinguashi, Jiufen, Shifen..

If not going to stay overnight at CJ then just dont go even though there's nothing to do at CJ at night..

yosemi

Reaction score
what about day tour at cj ?
like day time go there at night bk back

rubyrain90

Reaction score
what about day tour at cj ?
like day time go there at night bk back

I think there are buses from Taichung to CJ, about 2 hour journey one way. If you have 3-4 pax, can consider sharing a cab.

Would recommend to stay one night in cingjing for the view and sunrise tour. If not, it will be quite rush. Yes, cingjing is quite boring at night, basically after 8 or 9 pm only 7-11 is open, but when you wake up in the morning to the view, you won't regret.

I went last Aug, was quite cooling (compared to Taichung/Taipei which was freaking hot!). Just playing with the sheep, walking around, taking photos will take up most of the day.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
[Day 1] Sunday

Arrival at TPE @ 12pm
Will chk in at XMD
At night maybe will visit clubs (any suggestion?)

[Day 2] Monday

Tamsui Bridge
Shilin Night market

[Day 3] Tuesday

wu fen pu
rao he Night Market

[Day 4] Wednesday

gaomei wetland evening
feng jia night market

[Day 7 ] Sat @ Taichung

Seeing that alot ppl going to Cingjing, but I doesnt want to stay overnight there is it good to go ?

Looking very slack. On my worst slack day, I did more things in a day than yours!

yosemi

Reaction score
is it advisable to go to taroko from tpe and evening go back ?

like spend 1 day there but not staying at hualian

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL, i first time go tpe dont know what to do there can gif some advise?

can check out the many suggestions and itinerary here ba ...
more or less is the few places
xmd, tms, 101, dan shuei, rao he, wufengpu, xiao ren guo, leo foo, etc

rubyrain90

Reaction score
[Day 1] Sunday

Arrival at TPE @ 12pm
Will chk in at XMD
At night maybe will visit clubs (any suggestion?) - maybe can refer to this web: http://irresponsiblelife.com/2014/03/11/clubbers-guide-to-taipei-yes-really/

[Day 2] Monday

Suggest to do Jiufen & Shihfen. That easily takes up a whole day. After that go night market.

[Day 3] Tuesday

Tamsui
北投
Shilin Night market

[Day 4] Wednesday

wu fen pu
rao he Night Market

WFP & Raohe are just next to each other. You have more than ample time in the day to go elsewhere in the day.

gaomei wetland evening
feng jia night market

Maybe Taroko Gorge? Alternatives: Sun Moon Lake & Cingjing only. Depends whether you are hiring a driver.

Other Alternatives - Xitou Monster Village, Yi Zhong street (shops only open late afternoon onwards), go cafe-hopping.

[Day 7 ] Sat @ Taichung

Added some suggestions above.

If your accommodations aren't already booked, I'd suggest to head down to Taichung first, then play your way up to Taipei, unless your flight is at other airports and not Taoyuan.

Feels like you are spending too much time in Taichung to me... Are you hiring a driver for Taichung? You could get a driver to drive you up to Cingjing, then down to Hualien and pass by the Taroko Gorge. You should reach Hualien around evening time, then stay one night there.

For Taipei, if you're a Sanrio fan, there's a Melody & LTS exhibition going on. :s13:

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
Added some suggestions above.

If your accommodations aren't already booked, I'd suggest to head down to Taichung first, then play your way up to Taipei, unless your flight is at other airports and not Taoyuan.

Feels like you are spending too much time in Taichung to me... Are you hiring a driver for Taichung? You could get a driver to drive you up to Cingjing, then down to Hualien and pass by the Taroko Gorge. You should reach Hualien around evening time, then stay one night there.

For Taipei, if you're a Sanrio fan, there's a Melody & LTS exhibition going on. :s13:

He's spending slightly more than 2 days in Taichung, is that really alot? I'll be spending 4.....

live2snap

Reaction score
U should go wu fen pu in the late evening and then raohe at night. Both are just next to each other. Personally I find nothing interesting at wu fen pu, can spend only an hour there and then go raohe.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U should go wu fen pu in the late evening and then raohe at night. Both are just next to each other. Personally I find nothing interesting at wu fen pu, can spend only an hour there and then go raohe.

Unless u are a fanatic to mass buy , if not wufenpu really is nothing much.

rubyrain90

Reaction score
Unless u are a fanatic to mass buy , if not wufenpu really is nothing much.

Agree... WuFenPu is very expensive nowadays, and the shopowners are seldom friendly. If you want cheap clothes, better to go Ximending or just the normal night markets.

rubyrain90

Reaction score
He's spending slightly more than 2 days in Taichung, is that really alot? I'll be spending 4.....

4 days is quite a lot if just within taichung itself, but if u intend to do day trips to cingjing/SML etc, den maybe just a slack itinerary.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've never bother to go wufenpu. maybe I'm not into clothes shopping. You can probably spend more time in raohe nm finding and eating good food. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.