View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #2415
evilerniex
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,
My friend and I are planning for a self drive trip in Kyushu during last 2 weeks of Oct. I wanted to book accommodation in advance but my friend wanted to do this differently by looking for accommodation depending on where we are at the end of the day. I couldn't seem to convince my friend because She had done a road trip in usa using her method and She thot it'll be more cost effective and less stressful without having to follow a schedule.
I've read travel blogs and most of the ppl seems to have book accommodation in advance and there wasn't much advice regarding this. Therefore, I would like to seek opinion from the experts in here whether it is advisable to travel in kyushu without booking for accommodation?

oct is peak season for autumn leaves in Kyushu. cheap and good accom may be hard find.
Kyoto accom are usually fully booked months in advance for autumn leaves season. while Kyushu is not as popular a tourist destination as Kyoto, it is still quite risky not to book in advance. not point wasting time driving around searching for accom.
to make things flexible, maybe u can book those with free cancellations. so at least have something to fall back on