Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffsrightnow

Reaction score
Just loaded order for 16G estimated arrival early july.This is a king of andriod box cant wait to root this machine & load Kodi.

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which console emulators have u guys tried on the Shield TV Pro ? are they working properly ?

ches77

Reaction score
Please help provide the link to get Shield TV for shipping to Singapore at $287 with controller. Was not able to find it in international shipping in Amazon.
Thanks

Just hoot from amazon waiting :)

Been thinking to get an andriod box thinking should i get a Minix when i saw this no longer need anymore consideration.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please help provide the link to get Shield TV for shipping to Singapore at $287 with controller. Was not able to find it in international shipping in Amazon.
Thanks

Change your currency to SGD and you will see the pricing in dollars. Select Free Amazon GlobalSaver.

Your shipping address must be a Singapore address.

This is for the 16gb Shield TV only.

Both the 16 and 500gb comes with the wireless controller (the gamepad not the remote)

The wireless controller (gamepad) itself costs USD60.

The wireless REMOTE is optional at USD 50

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing Skype on this with a Logitech webcam?

mengkian

Reaction score
Anyone bought from Amazon the 16G version together with the remote?
I tried to order both but it said the remote not allowed to ship to Singapore
when i tried to place the order.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Anyone bought from Amazon the 16G version together with the remote?
I tried to order both but it said the remote not allowed to ship to Singapore
when i tried to place the order.

you have to separately buy remote with a forwarder.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received the unit.impress by the grid gaming which can play without any lag n the chrome cast which is smooth n almost lag free..still playing with this toy..may get the 500g version for my bedroom:D

Just hooted the shield tv 16gb version. Can access grid from Singapore?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow. Tested grid. Even on my Singtel 5ghz wireless lag is very occasional. Most apparent in fighting games like Street Fighter... On other stuffs like Batman lag is not noticeable. Gonna try Ethernet connection tonight. But so far impressed.

Gonna side load emulators for Dreamcast later and test.

YouTube 'chromecasting' capabilities is God sent. Easily able to watch YouTube (even iOS) on TV easily and control fast forward, etc. AOA and Apink never looked better on my big TV. They already looked good on my iMac 27 Retina. :D
Also able to 'AirPlay' my photos, music from my ip6+ by third party app. Using the lite version now. Forgot the name. Any advice for the best as I don't mind paying.

Android games like Asphalt8 works like a charm. No issues.

Still have some issues with my Gamestream. Troubleshoot tonight.
When that works, it's my SGD270 well spent!! Even now with all the free games on Grid, think the cost already wrote off.

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow. Tested grid. Even on my Singtel 5ghz wireless lag is very occasional. Most apparent in fighting games like Street Fighter... On other stuffs like Batman lag is not noticeable. Gonna try Ethernet connection tonight. But so far impressed.

Gonna side load emulators for Dreamcast later and test.

YouTube 'chromecasting' capabilities is God sent. Easily able to watch YouTube (even iOS) on TV easily and control fast forward, etc. AOA and Apink never looked better on my big TV. They already looked good on my iMac 27 Retina. :D
Also able to 'AirPlay' my photos, music from my ip6+ by third party app. Using the lite version now. Forgot the name. Any advice for the best as I don't mind paying.

Android games like Asphalt8 works like a charm. No issues.

Still have some issues with my Gamestream. Troubleshoot tonight.
When that works, it's my SGD270 well spent!! Even now with all the free games on Grid, think the cost already wrote off.

For some reason..the selection on the google play store is limited.

What i did was to browse for apps on the web version of google play store:)

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sideloading shouldn't be an issue. But really nifty machine.

If only my Gamestream work.

Lem0nTW

Reaction score
finally got my unit after 2.5 weeks of delay from UPS. Anyone noticed the power adapter has the SG safety mark logo on it? Possible that some local distributor is planning to sell this in SG?

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Planning to buy this, but just wanna check two more things before clicking buy..

Netflix with MyRepublic Teleport (or VPN) can work?
TVMC (or XBMC or Kodi) works well ?

Thanks

nickclauz

Reaction score
am using the box now, netflix works however the grid game lag is noticeable... i play street fighter vs tekken lag like 1 sec.

FYI i am on myrepublic 1Gbps plan, use wifi lag connect LAN cable also lag which only 1 conclusion the grid server is located in the US which latency suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.