S'poreans Migrated to Canada LIP LAI

yuyuthecat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u just stay easiest route, I just consider personal goal. easiest for family can be different

money no brains - investment when it open up
money with brains - edu or job
not married no much money -- find real love with canadian
married no kids and no much money -- divorce and find real love with Canadian

easiest so relative, its situation base.

as if its so easy :s13:
anybody living in ottawa currently? Might be heading there in a few weeks for work.. be good to meet up with someone local there :)

PM me.

how long are u in ottawa for? :)

DjumbaDjumba

Reaction score
How easy for me to migrate to Canada? I'm in late 20s but no job experience. Final year degree in Logistics Supply Chain mgmnt. But I don't mind downgrade a bit for a job scope if I ever get to live there (but not till become burger flippers at McD) or send to like shipping port in the middle of nowhere to get working experience, since I got no gf, no commitment and basically no life. Moi Cousin went to Vancouver with degree in science from NUS, couldn't find job as science industry is highly competitive there. What about business, logistics especially?

And he said people from french-speaking Quebec region hate foreigners..

metaknecht

Reaction score
How easy for me to migrate to Canada? I'm in late 20s but no job experience. Final year degree in Logistics Supply Chain mgmnt. But I don't mind downgrade a bit for a job scope if I ever get to live there (but not till become burger flippers at McD) or send to like shipping port in the middle of nowhere to get working experience, since I got no gf, no commitment and basically no life. Moi Cousin went to Vancouver with degree in science from NUS, couldn't find job as science industry is highly competitive there. What about business, logistics especially?

You can find a job in Canada, get a work permit and you're good to go!

yuyuthecat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not sure about vancouver or logistics.
but for people who do degree in business,
tonnes of business grads, esp. international chinese business grads students are being churned out every year.

their university has an agreement for them to do 2+2.

Last edited:

yuyuthecat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/QTF9JW6.png[img]

GPGT

I was quite surprised at how fast it took for the Canadian embassy here to approve my permit. On their website it stated average about 6-9weeks, but I got mine in like 6 days lol.[/QUOTE]

cuz we are established country.

my friends whoare from pakistan, srilanka had a hard time to get their visas approved.

Junior87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u use wechat mah?

congrats! all packed up ? ^^

I wont pack till the green light is given to expense the airtix. but looking forward to exploring the east side while i'm there. Are you based in ottawa? or elsewhere?

yuyuthecat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wont pack till the green light is given to expense the airtix. but looking forward to exploring the east side while i'm there. Are you based in ottawa? or elsewhere?

im living in atlantic side, newfoundland.

where r u currently based? the west side?

Junior87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im living in atlantic side, newfoundland.

where r u currently based? the west side?

wow what chiu doing @ newfoundland? migrated?

I'm based in Singapore but am flying to ottawa for work. Do you think I should explore canada or drive down to US for r&r afterwards? I'm a hobbyist photographer and any nice scenic places will be lovely :s13:

boucyfirebal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm based in Singapore but am flying to ottawa for work. Do you think I should explore canada or drive down to US for r&r afterwards? I'm a hobbyist photographer and any nice scenic places will be lovely :s13:

Drive loh, from Ottawa go new York to Midwest then Midwest back to Ottawa. Alot of scenic places. Plus these are the places you wouldnt really go normally

yuyuthecat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

doing my bachelors. :o

i think canada has a lot alot of scenic places to visit. but shopping wise, i think lose to US.

DjumbaDjumba

Reaction score
You can find a job in Canada, get a work permit and you're good to go!

not sure about vancouver or logistics.
but for people who do degree in business,
tonnes of business grads, esp. international chinese business grads students are being churned out every year.

their university has an agreement for them to do 2+2.

How do I find a job in Canada? I believe it's not just easy like apply thru jobstreet, selected for a webcam job interview on Skype, get accepted and fly straight there to start a new life right? Any agent in sg involves? In return, If I live there, you all can come to my house and I will cook a delicious Nasi Lemak :D

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The most effective way is to apply through FSW program or having Canadian education. Buying one way trip ticket is not feasible at all I suppose(Not sure anyone tried that before?)

It's a dismay that my applicant for admin assistant is not eligible under FSW despite having years of experience esp from NS !

Ahh...business ! That's hell too generic !

Last edited:

metaknecht

Reaction score
How do I find a job in Canada? I believe it's not just easy like apply thru jobstreet, selected for a webcam job interview on Skype, get accepted and fly straight there to start a new life right? Any agent in sg involves? In return, If I live there, you all can come to my house and I will cook a delicious Nasi Lemak :D

I believe that is how you apply for ANY job? Write a cover letter to the company with your CV, and they contact you if they r interested.

How to get a job:
Step 1: find and APPLY for the job.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.