Apple Watch 3rd Party Adapters and Bands

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. Looks decent in your photos compared to some of the other junk I've seen now at challenger Funan for $49.90 (Pearland Apple Watch leather band).

To save everyone the hassle this is what they had today. Note no stands in stock anymore at Funan Challenger.

I bought the Baseus Milanese loop in Singapore from a store called Mac Infinity in Funan for $25 SGD. It doesn't feel as good as genuine Apple given the clasp isn't magnetic but it is adjustable (within the notches) and quality seems okay so far. Looks nice with my SS 42mm. Best bit was the store clerk gave me a $5 discount when I bought it with the tempered glass screen protector ($15), and the staff helped with adjusting the clasp using a flat head screwdriver and applied the glass screen protector.

Here are some photos

Note I took last 42mm to try before buying and hence none left so had to take a photo of the 38mm band. There were a few other options but this seemed to be a decent price and I couldn't find anything bad about the Baseus Milanesr watch band from Google and a thread in MacRumors.

Can upload your photos bigger?

Ultravox

Reaction score
Calf leather
19406619278_3b3f30ce63.jpg

ianfann

Reaction score
you so interested on my hair... :s13::s13::s13:

QlSwmyQ.jpg

Bro, I see a two defects.

The adapter is a little bit short and can see a small groove on the side.
The finishing on the side of the leather looks frayed and not terminated properly, looks like poor workmanship.

But ok lah, I think for the price you paid for it, what to expect? :s22:

NB : I not interested in men lol

jace88

Reaction score
Sorry guys - tried to get updates to HWZ live so was trying to post using the iPhone but the HWZ forums kept crashing when I tried to use the upload function.

Here are the photos (and some more) again of the Baseue Milanese loop band and the tempered glass screen protector for the 42mm (which looks a bit odd since I can see the outline quite distinctly when the screen isn't on making it look a lot less seamless than before).

3LAfPvG.jpg

RnelvNl.jpg

DBIxATh.jpg

ExNWpRH.jpg

8AMCh6R.jpg

More photos: http://imgur.com/a/OfyQh#0

Quality is decent and exceeds expectations for $25 (or $20 after discount). I can see there's a little bit of gap in the band where it connects to the watch but I wonder if this is intentional to give it some slack/flex so it doesn't break when moved/stressed.

EDIT: I do wonder if this is a knock off given it's a Milanese Buckle rather than Loop, and a fraction of a price > http://www.mobilefun.sg/53492-baseus-apple-watch-milanese-loop-strap-42mm-silver.htm

I bought the Baseus Milanese loop in Singapore from a store called Mac Infinity in Funan for $25 SGD. It doesn't feel as good as genuine Apple given the clasp isn't magnetic but it is adjustable (within the notches) and quality seems okay so far. Looks nice with my SS 42mm. Best bit was the store clerk gave me a $5 discount when I bought it with the tempered glass screen protector ($15), and the staff helped with adjusting the clasp using a flat head screwdriver and applied the glass screen protector.

Note I took last 42mm to try before buying and hence none left so had to take a photo of the 38mm band. There were a few other options but this seemed to be a decent price and I couldn't find anything bad about the Baseus Milanesr watch band from Google and a thread in MacRumors.

Last edited:

jace88

Reaction score
Fair enough. Looks decent in your photos compared to some of the other junk I've seen now at challenger Funan for $49.90 (Pearland Apple Watch leather band).

To save everyone the hassle this is what they had today. Note no stands in stock anymore at Funan Challenger.

Here are updated photos... hopefully postimg org is a decent hosting site!
http://postimg.org/gallery/dfsjkx6s/

jace88

Reaction score
Thanks for the upload. Wa valore really trying to establish its brand everything also make

I think they just buy a bunch of cheap rubbish from overseas and stick it in their packaging. Some of the stuff looked pretty nasty- and made me regret buying two $4 watch cases off Qoo10 since probably same stuff.

On another note, the $50 watch bands looked very cheap and nasty.

keigo22

Reaction score
Bro, I see a two defects.

The adapter is a little bit short and can see a small groove on the side.
The finishing on the side of the leather looks frayed and not terminated properly, looks like poor workmanship.

But ok lah, I think for the price you paid for it, what to expect? :s22:

NB : I not interested in men lol

ya agreed, but as expected it say "chiong" so I can't expect it to be perfect and demand to be the same as a $218 apple loop and unless I stare hard at it it is not very obvious the adapter is a little short.

As for the finishing on the side, it is peeling off and now the finishing on the side look smooth already.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
ya agreed, but as expected it say "chiong" so I can't expect it to be perfect and demand to be the same as a $218 apple loop and unless I stare hard at it it is not very obvious the adapter is a little short.

As for the finishing on the side, it is peeling off and now the finishing on the side look smooth already.

I feel that don't need to buy so expensive straps at the moment as next year there is gonna be another watch.

Unless the straps is universal for all future version of watch.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
I feel that don't need to buy so expensive straps at the moment as next year there is gonna be another watch.

Unless the straps is universal for all future version of watch.

I believe the straps are universal at least for the next 2-3 versions of apple watch,maybe even more.

Apple likes consistency in accessories

ianfann

Reaction score
FAKE/CLONE Leather Loop Received

Just bought this FAKE/CLONE Leather Loop from a seller on Qoo10. Here are some photos and a unboxing video.
ooVVnII.png

Gac6aqx.png

ISsNk5t.png

46KFTUJ.png

Last edited:

ianfann

Reaction score
Bro, thought you said you bought from taobao. Suddenly become qoo10?

Hahaha, the seller in Taobao no stock and said had to wait 1 more week. So I canceled that order and bought from this seller. I personally went to his house and tried on the leather loop before buying and I didn't have to wait so ya, thats the story. :s13:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, the seller in Taobao no stock and said had to wait 1 more week. So I canceled that order and bought from this seller. I personally went to his house and tried on the leather loop before buying and I didn't have to wait so ya, thats the story. :s13:

No wonder. Mine will probably come by wed. Will update if it is different

jace88

Reaction score
My Hoco steel band arrived and wow... definitely feels amazing. Looks same as others so no need for many photos.
10693528_394971640688885_10322787_n.jpg

palmtungsten

Reaction score
My Hoco steel band arrived and wow... definitely feels amazing. Looks same as others so no need for many photos.
10693528_394971640688885_10322787_n.jpg

Using the same hoco stainless steel band also. The quality is very good. Love it and highly recommended.

One con is some links are not easy to remove and add when adjusting the length of the band

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.