Apple Watch 3rd Party Adapters and Bands

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using the same hoco stainless steel band also. The quality is very good. Love it and highly recommended.

One con is some links are not easy to remove and add when adjusting the length of the band

Where to buy? Any black color band?

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought this FAKE/CLONE Leather Loop from a seller on Qoo10. Here are some photos and a unboxing video.
ooVVnII.png

Gac6aqx.png

ISsNk5t.png

46KFTUJ.png

Help you relink the video

Next time just use the YouTube code behind can already don't need to put the full link.

Another point to note your watch on very easily on watch raise unlike mine :(

Last edited:

ianfann

Reaction score
Yeah, video mentioned Taobao though with the link on the video pointing to it too. :s22:

This guy I bought the band from Qoo10 also got it from the same source in China. And you know lah, my video is international audience so have to give a link that is credible mah. But it is the same thing :s13:

speedster4005

Reaction score
This guy I bought the band from Qoo10 also got it from the same source in China. And you know lah, my video is international audience so have to give a link that is credible mah. But it is the same thing :s13:

Oh ok. Heading to Q10 now look look.

ianfann

Reaction score

But hor his price not cheap hor... His price is about 30% mark up from what you can get in Taobao. So if you don't mine waiting for shipping from Taobao, I suggest you buy directly but if you like me 'no patience' then get from this guy in Qoo10.

jace88

Reaction score
Using the same hoco stainless steel band also. The quality is very good. Love it and highly recommended.

One con is some links are not easy to remove and add when adjusting the length of the band

Yeah it isn't easy and it's my first time with a proper watch band. My missus was able to use the included band adjusting tool to help me adjust. I couldn't decide how tight to wear it. Originally she adjusted it to make it shorter but still too loose and now it's a bit tighter almost like my sport band but I worry it's too tight! Looks good though.

... time to stop buying bands now.

On another note, the cheap $4 plastic case - I realised one problem with it. When wearing in shower, water gets in and looks a bit icky (worried it'll spoil the metal over time) so decided to take it off. I wonder if the Hoco band is waterproof too for showers...

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score

Bro, if you buying from taobao. My research says don't buy from those seller with red colour. That one quality is not as good as the one which only have official apple colours. This assessment is made based on reading the reviews.

Mine should arrive in sg today and collect hopefully tmr. 65DG didn't ship on Sat when though I ask for it to be shipped or it will be here liao.

In gist, check out the reviews before buying anything on taobao

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, if you buying from taobao. My research says don't buy from those seller with red colour. That one quality is not as good as the one which only have official apple colours. This assessment is made based on reading the reviews.

Mine should arrive in sg today and collect hopefully tmr. 65DG didn't ship on Sat when though I ask for it to be shipped or it will be here liao.

This is what I mean...
BHQ2F5J.jpg

YvTzpNi.jpg

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Where to buy? Any black color band?
Bought it from one of the China sellers in Qoo10. The seller i bought only sell silver. Few sellers selling other colours like gold, rose gold aka champagne and black. Saw one seller selling non-silver @ $60+ and another seller selling @ $120+. So you decide who to buy. I will definitely go for the cheaper one..

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Yeah it isn't easy and it's my first time with a proper watch band. My missus was able to use the included band adjusting tool to help me adjust. I couldn't decide how tight to wear it. Originally she adjusted it to make it shorter but still too loose and now it's a bit tighter almost like my sport band but I worry it's too tight! Looks good though.

... time to stop buying bands now.

On another note, the cheap $4 plastic case - I realised one problem with it. When wearing in shower, water gets in and looks a bit icky (worried it'll spoil the metal over time) so decided to take it off. I wonder if the Hoco band is waterproof too for showers...
I remove 2 links on each side of the band and remove 4 links in total.

I can insert my last finger after put on the Hoco watch band. It is fitting and not tight and not loose.

Am considering to buy black one...

speedster4005

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads-up. Will wait for your feedback and compare with the one from ianfann.

ianfann

Reaction score
I took the plunge today and ordered this : http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=45464760256

The seller claims that his milanese loop is exactly the same as the original apple one and his quality is the best compared to the rest of the sellers in taobao. He also claims that the width of the band is up to the edge of the adapter unlike other sellers whos band is 0.5mm slimmer than the adapter. I also read the reviews and the comments are quite positive. The item should arrive in 10 days, so fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Last edited:

keigo22

Reaction score
I took the plunge today and ordered this : http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=45464760256

The seller claims that his milanese loop is exactly the same as the original apple one and his quality is the best compared to the rest of the sellers in taobao. He also claims that the width of the band is up to the edge of the adapter unlike other sellers whos band is 0.5mm slimmer than the adapter. I also read the reviews and the comments are quite positive. The item should arrive in 10 days, so fingers crossed and hope for the best.

good will wait for your review. After using both loop, I end up prefer the leather loop more then the milanese loop.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Will wait for your feedback and compare with the one from ianfann.

The leather loop came. Quality is quite good but no markings as per pics in review. Not sure whether daigou decided to order from another seller or seller sending out 2 versions. Will try to dispute.

But I am happy with the case. It is actually plastic but looks good.
cklwjmV.jpg

PS6MXKI.jpg

ianfann

Reaction score
The leather loop came. Quality is quite good but no markings as per pics in review. Not sure whether daigou decided to order from another seller or seller sending out 2 versions. Will try to dispute.

But I am happy with the case. It is actually plastic but looks good.
cklwjmV.jpg

PS6MXKI.jpg

Sorry but that case doesn't look very good leh, wanted to buy it but now thinking twice liao.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry but that case doesn't look very good leh, wanted to buy it but now thinking twice liao.

:) I think it looks good cuz it doesn't change the outlook of the phone, keeping it almost as it is. Offers protection against bumps and scratches which is just what I need. No need tempered glass so my remax full screen will be kept in drawer for now.

Do share if you find better cases.

keigo22

Reaction score
:) I think it looks good cuz it doesn't change the outlook of the phone, keeping it almost as it is. Offers protection against bumps and scratches which is just what I need. No need tempered glass so my remax full screen will be kept in drawer for now.

Do share if you find better cases.

I'm wondering did you guys never buy applecare+?? why the need for bumper and screen protector??

I just use my watch nude and till now still look ok.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.