Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

archangle13

Reaction score
Went to the local Carmina store yesterday. Gotta say that I find the styles available strange...

I did like the black shell full brogue though.

Not sure why they displayed the tiny sizes at the window. Looked like toys at a glance.

alvinquah

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone had a similar experience with Saphir wax amount gradually disappearing in its container? My wax retains its circular shape, but everytime i open the tin, the sides seem to be shrinking in towards the centre. Could it be due to sunlight exposure leading to some kinda sublimation effect??

From The shoe snob article

2. Wax polish works in the same way (as above). New wax polish will be very moist and because of that will simply swish around the top of the leather and not ‘set’ into the pores to thus dry and create a ‘flat’ surface so that you can build the layers. The older the wax (and thus the more ‘sticky’) the more easily the wax will stick to the leather and set into the pores. One trick is to leave a new tin in the freezer overnight which should harden it up a bit and make it stick better.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2015/07/shoe-shining-tips-tricks.html

stormcruiser

Reaction score
Hi guys nt sure is it my walking style but I seem to be always knocking the front of my shoes against roads and obstacles such that it has caused chipping of the front of my shoes. Is it normal?
Is there any way of salvaging these shoes
thank you.
Qc2WSHSl.jpg

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

chua_ahbeng

Reaction score
qrskke3.png

LLYR is having the the above promo.
Anyone interested PM me.
I am buying 2 pairs(Me and my friend)

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys nt sure is it my walking style but I seem to be always knocking the front of my shoes against roads and obstacles such that it has caused chipping of the front of my shoes. Is it normal?
Is there any way of salvaging these shoes
thank you.
Qc2WSHSl.jpg

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

Dark brown wax polish. It'll smooth down the fibres. Can cream it first to restore deeper colour then the wax coat.

And yes its ur walking style. Could be that the shoes are too long for ur natural gait but yes... Walk properly lol

thundermarch

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone had a similar experience with Saphir wax amount gradually disappearing in its container? My wax retains its circular shape, but everytime i open the tin, the sides seem to be shrinking in towards the centre. Could it be due to sunlight exposure leading to some kinda sublimation effect??

are you a Megadeth fan?

j3r0m3

Reaction score
Quick question: lately I see both my Meermin and Carmina soles wearing out faster on one side compared to next.
Yes, its on my master foot but I am quite surprised at the speed of wearing out. Its not as if I wear the shoes for road marches… any advice?
Typical daily mileage is like walking to MRT, from MRT to office, then in reverse order

Sent from One Plus One using GAGT

BallGag

Reaction score
Quick question: lately I see both my Meermin and Carmina soles wearing out faster on one side compared to next.
Yes, its on my master foot but I am quite surprised at the speed of wearing out. Its not as if I wear the shoes for road marches… any advice?
Typical daily mileage is like walking to MRT, from MRT to office, then in reverse order

Sent from One Plus One using GAGT

It's okay. Keep wearing them; just not on consecutive days.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

Last edited:

DaClovers

Reaction score
Can I possibly just use conditioner and army kiwi for my shoes and skip the cream? I'm new to maintaining shoes and is there any entry level of shoe care products that's slightly more affordable?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I possibly just use conditioner and army kiwi for my shoes and skip the cream? I'm new to maintaining shoes and is there any entry level of shoe care products that's slightly more affordable?
You can skip the polish if you're not fussed about shiny shoes. Horsehair brush before and after each wear and cream to nourish/colour the leather.

Over nourishing the leather with conditioner might have averse effects on the leather.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy shoe from Araldi1930 at Orchard Central before? Was at their shop looks nice and prices reasonable.

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, interesting shop with many nice leather stuff. They are having some sale now, worth to check it out... Some of their shoes designs are really nice.

It was open since 2012. And not much crowd. Prices are somewhat higher than I expected.

After discount, how much is a pair of shoes? Eg. Oxford.

Last edited:

thundermarch

Reaction score
Am just trying to see if anyone is interested in a GMTO black balmoral oxford with carmina in simpson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.