Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dimitri_can Thank you. Didn't realise you are replying to me!

cancer81, I'll be travelling just inside tokyo, is it still worth it? I have no idea how much transportation cost.

if u are only travelling within Tokyo, the pass is not worth it.
travelling within Tokyo is relatively cheap. u can just get the SUICA (store-value card similar to ezlink) to get around on JR trains and non-JR metro.

u can check the transport cost here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Sky_Net86

Reaction score
Any kind souls out there can help me?

This is my first time travel to Japan, very confused & concerned about various transport passes to get & travel. Below is my itinerary.

21st Oct - Reach Narita, Check in Hotel Ueno East & shop

22nd Oct - Walk ard Tokyo

23rd Oct - Visit Mount Fuji

24th Oct - Check-in Tokyo Nishikasai & go DisneySea

25th Oct - Disneyland

26th Oct - Go Osaka check-in Osaka Floral Inn Namba

27th Oct - Explore the area

28th Oct - Go Kyoto check-in Hotel Hokke Club Kyoto & explore

29th Oct - Travel back to Tokyo (not yet decide which hotel)

30th Oct - 8pm depart at Narita Airport

I need to know what are the necessary things i need to get to travel ard in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, to & fro Narita Airport

Thanks in advance

hysteriakx

Reaction score

This is my first time travel to Japan, very confused & concerned about various transport passes to get & travel. Below is my itinerary.

25th Oct - Disneyland

I need to know what are the necessary things i need to get to travel ard in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, to & fro Narita Airport

Thanks in advance

better to split tokyo and osaka/kyoto because travelling is exp and long. unless you're not planning to return to japan anytime soon.
osaka/kyoto region should take ard 5days to fully appreciate. just my opinion :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

25th Oct - Disneyland

Thanks in advance

as mentioned, it is expensive and time consuming to go Osaka/Kyoto. and u wun be able to cover much in the 3 days. u dun really have much days left for Tokyo either coz u have a day each for Disneyland and Disneysea.

but if u still want to go Osaka/Kyoto, maybe can stick to one hotel either in Kyoto or Osaka and make day trips. then u wun have to spend time changing hotels and checking in and out.

are u planning to spend a night in Mount Fuji area? if so, then maybe put Disneysea on another day so u have the full day for it.
any reason for switching from hotel in Ueno to Nishikasai?

bornfree

Reaction score
Any recommended data connection with good coverage for train ride from Hakodate to Sapporo & driving in Furano and Biei?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://us.jnto.go.jp/partners/features_item.php?featuresid=744&news

is this pass better than JR pass if only travelling within tokyo?

if im there for 9 days will they make the 3 cards worth of 3-day start on different day?

for travelling within Tokyo, u dun really need any passes coz u will be using a mixture of JR lines and metro. so just get the SUICA (store-value card similar to our ezlink).

u can get the metro pass to save some money, but u will need to plan such that u will not require JR trains. too restrictive and little savings if u ask me

Sky_Net86

Reaction score
as mentioned, it is expensive and time consuming to go Osaka/Kyoto. and u wun be able to cover much in the 3 days. u dun really have much days left for Tokyo either coz u have a day each for Disneyland and Disneysea.

but if u still want to go Osaka/Kyoto, maybe can stick to one hotel either in Kyoto or Osaka and make day trips. then u wun have to spend time changing hotels and checking in and out.

are u planning to spend a night in Mount Fuji area? if so, then maybe put Disneysea on another day so u have the full day for it.
any reason for switching from hotel in Ueno to Nishikasai?

I wont be staying in Mount Fuji, probably a day trip to there & back.

The reason of switching to Nishikasai is bcos they offer complimentary bus service to Disneyland (gonna propose to gf). Staying in Ueno cos near to station, easy for my gf to shop

Is it wise to get a 7 days JR pass since i'm going to Mount Fuji on 23rd Oct & last stop at Tokyo, in the meantime just get a Suica Card to travel ard?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suddenly have 2 days free in osaka. Thought of going to nara to see deer. But is there really nothing else to see there if i am not interested in temples?

Also, for the osaka aquarium, generally how long would people spend in there? Considering going but I have been to enoshima aquarium and ikebukuro aquarium and was wondering if osaka's is very different.

If there are really no other ideas then I guess I'll just spend the whole day in Mandarake. Which of the 2 osaka branches is the bigger one?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it wise to get a 7 days JR pass since i'm going to Mount Fuji on 23rd Oct & last stop at Tokyo, in the meantime just get a Suica Card to travel ard?

if u are going to Osaka/Kyoto, then the 7-day JR pass will be worth it.

for the complimentary bus to Disneyland, I dun think it is really necessary coz it is not too hard to get to Disneyland by train. save urself the hassle of changing hotels. since u are going to propose, how about splurging on a hotel within Disney? also since u are visiting Disneyland the next day also.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suddenly have 2 days free in osaka. Thought of going to nara to see deer. But is there really nothing else to see there if i am not interested in temples?

Also, for the osaka aquarium, generally how long would people spend in there? Considering going but I have been to enoshima aquarium and ikebukuro aquarium and was wondering if osaka's is very different.

If there are really no other ideas then I guess I'll just spend the whole day in Mandarake. Which of the 2 osaka branches is the bigger one?

the thing that stands out for Osaka aquarium is the whale shark. no idea if enoshima or ikebukuro aquarium have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.