Capitaland Investment (CLI) *Official* (SGX: 9CI)

SCG8866T

Reaction score
What's happening to CCT these days?

Maybe from the 18.9 mil loss from their investment in associate in QCT which is reflected in the latest quarter report. Dragging their earnings down 29.7% QtQ...

Also upcoming increase in supply of office spaces.

Last edited:

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a number of lots from them a few years ago at a much decent share price.

Holding on to them and waiting for the right time and right price.

ValueInvestor

Banned
Reaction score
CapitaLand sells Bedok Mall to CapitaLand Mall Trust for $780 mil

By Jeffrey Tan / theedgemarkets.com | July 14, 2015 : 6:52 PM MYT
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF version

SINGAPORE (July 14): CapitaLand, via its wholly-owned subsidiaries Brilliance Residential and CMA Singapore Investments (3), has divested Bedok Mall to CapitaLand Mall Trust (CMT) for $780 million.

Both subsidiaries entered into a sale and purchase agreement with HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited, the trustee of CMT for the sale of the mall, CapitaLand told the stock exchange in a statement.

Under the agreement, the entire unitholding interest of Brilliance Mall Trust (BMT), the owner of Bedok Mall, was also divested at about $3.1 million for its net assets.

The transaction, which is conditional upon CMT unitholders’ approval, among other things, is expected to be completed by the fourth quarter this year.

According to CapitaLand, the move to divest Bedok Mall is part of the group’s “robust capital recycling strategy to realise development profit and deploy capital into higher yielding ventures”.

CapitaLand president and group CEO Lim Ming Yan said it is similar to the ongoing divestment of a group of serviced residences and rental housing properties to Ascott Residence Trust and the group’s 30% stake in PWC Building announced last month.

“These transactions allow us to realise our investment value and development profit, and enhance our financial flexibility,” he said.

Opened in December 2013, Bedok Mall is the first major mall in the heart of Bedok Town Centre, serving Singapore’s largest estate of about 300,000 residents as well as other residents in the east of Singapore.

It is part of an integrated retail-residential-transport development, which also includes the 583-unit condominium Bedok Residences developed by CapitaLand that received its Temporary Occupancy Permit in May 2015.

CapitaLand ended up 1 cent or 0.3% to $3.38, giving it a market capitalisation of $14.43 billion.

Reaction score
anyone tracking this counter recently?

:)
Me!

Last time buy Capital land and sold off but sold too early wow didn't expect it cheong even higher than i expected.

think last month I buy in again because the price is ok

And holding it

look quite positive again these two days despite up and down

also many agency target at 4 and Buy Status.

SpeedingBullet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the NPI for Bedok Mall? Anyone knows?

Edit: nvm found it.. 5.1% cap rate.

Last edited:

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I visited Bedok Mall once on a Friday evening, really crowded. And it looks fully leased out already.

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I visited Bedok Mall once on a Friday evening, really crowded. And it looks fully leased out already.

but you look at bedok mall, it is never as crowded as tampines mall. to me it is not a big success but not bad lah.

anyway tampine and bedok all owned by cmi

makeupconnect

Reaction score
I've never had much luck with capitaland. held the stocks during 2011-2013. The price movement doesnt excite me much. So i sold it at break even (less opportunity cost).

Capitaland is quite exposed to china market. I dont have high hopes on china property. Thus, i am not inspired by this counter.

I agree it is currently trading below NAV, yet its yield and capital growth does not justify me investing in them.

just my thoughts.

Minx99

Master Member
Reaction score
I've never had much luck with capitaland. held the stocks during 2011-2013. The price movement doesnt excite me much. So i sold it at break even (less opportunity cost).

Capitaland is quite exposed to china market. I dont have high hopes on china property. Thus, i am not inspired by this counter.

I agree it is currently trading below NAV, yet its yield and capital growth does not justify me investing in them.

just my thoughts.
Operating conditions in its key markets is still challenging. In fact China is looking worse in the short term. Having said that, it is during times like this that you can buy it at a lttle discount. The judgement call here is do you think the discount offset the rsiks you undertake :s22:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China property counters rebound strongly since last week. Not sure if there is any spill over effect to Singapore

Show your child the colourful and vibrant Jurong Panorama picture too......:D

jurong-lake-district-panorama-points.jpg

Reaction score
:o
Should we hold or sell?

But for me , i feel to hold till break 3.0 mark.
Quite confident this counter is back to usual 3.0 ++ mark.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.