NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences of just going down to the faculty's office and seeking to meet the relevant profs after they have failed their appeals? In particular NTU Comms/ NUS FASS/ SMU BIZ

I would like to know too.. Just got rejected today.

Now would be abit too late already. Its mid-July. School starts in less than a month. You can try, but it boils down to luck. Most profs would be on holiday around this time. Also, you'd need to see a prof who is nice enough to hear your case. But as a tip, dont try the deans of the faculty. They wont bother.

Havok_ex

Reaction score

ttarieltt

Reaction score
Now would be abit too late already. Its mid-July. School starts in less than a month. You can try, but it boils down to luck. Most profs would be on holiday around this time. Also, you'd need to see a prof who is nice enough to hear your case. But as a tip, dont try the deans of the faculty. They wont bother.

Thanks for the advice :) But I guess I won't bother to appeal anymore... Shall just enroll into the school I've accepted and study there already...

stylish troll

Reaction score
its jus a cert.... even SIM grads earn more than local grad these days

why bother? just do ur best in whatever u can

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is possible to find job with a relevant minor

for e.g. if I major in Computer Science, minor in Chinese

can I work in the chinese industry with a chinese minor?

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does ntu provide free wifi for our mobile phones? Cause I'm going to stay in hostel. ��

Thought you went NUS? Decided to choose NTU ah? :D

There's campus wide wifi, but heard from my friends that the wifi strength in Hall areas are virtually non-existent. :(

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Thought you went NUS? Decided to choose NTU ah? :D

There's campus wide wifi, but heard from my friends that the wifi strength in Hall areas are virtually non-existent. :(

Yeah. Took me a lot of time to make the choice. HAHA. too kiasu.
jialat. my mobile data plan.... T.T

ddmyuu

Reaction score
Hi,would like to ask a few questions

1)NTU's QET test is not during year1 isit?cause I went into the webpage and saw that its for 2014-2015 students and i tried checking if im eligible the webpage shows "no records found" as im considered 2015-2016 intake,meaning year2 then take test?

2)The freshman guide mentioned that: The normal load for Year 1 students is 5 courses per semester, which is the maximum.(and it shows that theres already 5 core modules chosen for me)means the max core courses is 5,but got somemore additional courses isit?
Because in step 2,they also mentioned can add/drop the GER prescribed electives or unrestricted electives,and must complete 5 GER-PE electives..meaning in sem1 im supposed to take 10 modules isit?

3)Students with Polytechnic Diplomas are eligible for exemptions from up to 2 of the GER-PEs above. The School will be getting in touch with the Polytechnic graduates on the details of the exemptions.
Does this mean confirm can exempt or case-by-case basis?

Im so confused...plus got what unrestricted means fulfill requirements for minor...Minors supposed to be helpful in career isit?? can someone please help to clear my doubts?thank you so much:s11::s11::(:(:(:(

Last edited:

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1)NTU's QET test is not during year1 isit?cause I went into the webpage and saw that its for 2014-2015 students and i tried checking if im eligible the webpage shows "no records found" as im considered 2015-2016 intake,meaning year2 then take test?

2)The freshman guide mentioned that: The normal load for Year 1 students is 5 courses per semester, which is the maximum.(and it shows that theres already 5 core modules chosen for me)means the max core courses is 5,but got somemore additional courses isit?
Because in step 2,they also mentioned can add/drop the GER prescribed electives or unrestricted electives,and must complete 5 GER-PE electives..meaning in sem1 im supposed to take 10 modules isit?

3)Students with Polytechnic Diplomas are eligible for exemptions from up to 2 of the GER-PEs above. The School will be getting in touch with the Polytechnic graduates on the details of the exemptions.

Im so confused...plus got what unrestricted means fulfill requirements for minor...Minors supposed to be helpful in career isit?? can someone please help to clear my doubts?thank you so much:s11::s11::(:(:(:(
1. QET should be taken in the first semester, maybe the site isn't updated (?)

2. You can clear the 5 GER-PE requirements over the next 3/4 years so yeah.. No rush to clear all of them in the first semester :D

I'd say a minor is only useful if it complements your major. :s22:

Sent from my potato using GAGT

ddmyuu

Reaction score
1. QET should be taken in the first semester, maybe the site isn't updated (?)

2. You can clear the 5 GER-PE requirements over the next 3/4 years so yeah.. No rush to clear all of them in the first semester :D

I'd say a minor is only useful if it complements your major. :s22:

Oh,i see.thank you so much.I'll check with the school regarding qet:D
so meaning only 5 electives required in four years?
then minor is not that necessary isit?
plus since uni would mainly be those hi-bye type,must choose one helpful cca isit?cause i got one friend he always arrange his time table nice nice then the remaining time go parttime,when his working life starts, he interviews for job the manager asks why no cca during uni,and because of that i think he got rejected for the job:eek::eek::eek:

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh,i see.thank you so much.I'll check with the school regarding qet:D
so meaning only 5 electives required in four years?
then minor is not that necessary isit?
plus since uni would mainly be those hi-bye type,must choose one helpful cca isit?cause i got one friend he always arrange his time table nice nice then the remaining time go parttime,when his working life starts, he interviews for job the manager asks why no cca during uni,and because of that i think he got rejected for the job:eek::eek::eek:
There's 2 types of electives that you'll have to take- GERPE and UE (unrestricted electives). So for your case, you'll only have to take 5 GERPEs, not too sure how many UEs you'll have to take since it varies from course to course.

And yup, minor isn't compulsory. You can actually drop it anytime you don't feel like taking it.

Hmm.. It depends bah. For my case the friends that I make in uni are really those hi-bye ones :s22: You can try joining hall or CCAs to widen your social circle I suppose.

Evil Bunny

Reaction score

1. QET should be on 4th August morning timing this year as well.
2. I thought last week of july then can see timetable for freshie? You should just take another GERPE per semester till you clear them.
3. Not sure, but I applied for exemptions when school starts last year and they were given to me.

wawasdoll

Reaction score
Seeking advice

Hi all,

I want to get into NTU Accountancy really badly but was rejected this year.
Everything didn't work out even after appealing.
I did apply for SMU Business too and they put me on hold since the first day I applied and I was rejected this morning. I didn't have a chance to appeal.

I will be trying again next year but meanwhile is there anything I can do to strengthen my application and ensure that I can get into NTU Accountancy next year?

Below are my grades:
CGPA: 3.6828 with CCA achievement of Gold
L1R4: 10 (9 after deducting CCA)
L1R5: 13

Also, I do not have "O" level additional mathematics. But I did an additional mathematics module in poly on top of my diploma. (My lecturer told me that the cert is equivalent to O level Amaths)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.