Question about Malacca

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that there's a new shopping mall - The Shore

Has anyone been there?

Couldn't resist going there on every visit as well, since it's opened. :s13:

This is actually the mall linked to the Swiss-Garden Hotel and Residences. I normally just walk over from Jonker area, either via the riverside or along the road straight up from Hardrock Cafe area.

To be frank, nothing very much there at the moment. Eating places, foodcourt which I was told has quite a decent representation of their local dishes but I've yet to step in, Tangs, an aquarium on the top floor, etc.

I go there mainly for the Mr DIY which is the best outlet I've come across in JB and Melaka. =:p

I'd say it's worth a visit if you've not been there. :)

claudechew

Reaction score
Couldn't resist going there on every visit as well, since it's opened. :s13:

This is actually the mall linked to the Swiss-Garden Hotel and Residences. I normally just walk over from Jonker area, either via the riverside or along the road straight up from Hardrock Cafe area.

To be frank, nothing very much there at the moment. Eating places, foodcourt which I was told has quite a decent representation of their local dishes but I've yet to step in, Tangs, an aquarium on the top floor, etc.

I go there mainly for the Mr DIY which is the best outlet I've come across in JB and Melaka. =:p

I'd say it's worth a visit if you've not been there. :)

Yes, there are quite alots of restaurant, and a foodcourt with local dishes around Malaysia (Lot 10 Hutong) - Quite famous in KL.

The Aquarium is a must go if you travelling with kids, they will love it.

There is a viewing deck just open recently, on 43 floor (Highest in Malacca), with a restaurant/bar on the 42floor.
https://www.facebook.com/SkyTowerMelaka

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
goin to malacca tml, wat time should I reach woodlands custom?

you can reach woodlands custom anytime, it is open round the clock.

if you are asking what time can avoid the jam, before 4am trust me.

5am is already late

TianYiBang

Reaction score
You are so right. I also think next time i rather go direct to the coach company. Its not like online is cheaper.

I called up easybook, they say they only provide platform to purchase coach tickets, want to change, gotta call the coach company. Ok, lapan lapan say no problem, on day of departure, just go to the ticket booth before boarding to inform them. They say it is the same bus going to equatorial and hatten.

Coming back, superior also say i just wait for the bus at hatten because the bus go to hatten first then to equatorial. The driver's record will still show i am supposed to pick up at equatorial so when i board at hatten, just inform him.

BUT, after reading more hotel reviews, i am inclined to remain at equatorial. Seems sevice is better. Only issue is a older hotel but still clean. Hatten is new but there are issues with lift slow and breakfast over crowded during peak seasons and service poor.

not sure if https://www.shopback.sg/easybook is cheaper than going directly to coach company.

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
you can reach woodlands custom anytime, it is open round the clock.

if you are asking what time can avoid the jam, before 4am trust me.

5am is already late
thanks, now at malacca

ate too many foods yesterday, today 2nd rounds :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks, now at malacca

ate too many foods yesterday, today 2nd rounds :)

Overeating in Melaka is normal. Enjoy your trip!!! :s13:

Oh yes, you're asking about replacing your Tron card the other time? Melaka is my fav place to settle any SIM card issue, coz all the telco centers are nearby. :)

This is the one I've spotted while taking a weekday morning walk. Still closed at 11am when I walked past, though.
Tron Network Marketing
G 29 Jalan PM 4, Plaza Mahkota, 75000 Melaka
011 2000 8888

Or you can show this to your hotel reception to see if anymore of these are within easy reach:
http://www.tron.com.my/tron-store-locator/#mela

For Maxis, Celcom, and Digi, here are the easily accessible addresses that I visit:

Maxis Center:
Lot G77 & 78, Mahkota Parade,
No 1, Jalan Merdeka, 75000 Melaka.
(Inside Mahkota Parade shopping mall, facing the staircase leading to Popular bookstore.)

Celcom:
No 233, Taman Melaka Raya, 75000, Melaka
(Just a few shops down the road on the right of Hatten Hotel. You can't miss the sign across the road.)
Operation Hours:
Mon - Fri
9.00am - 5.00pm
Sat
9.00am - 12.30pm
Close on Sunday & Public Holidays

Digi:
No. 2, Plaza Merdeka, Jalan Plaza Merdeka,
75000 Melaka, Melaka.
Operating Hours:
Mondays - Sundays & Public Holidays: 10am - 7pm
(Somewhere up the road on the left of Mahkota Parade. You can't miss their yellow sign from the park across the road.) :)

Last edited:

buswhiz

Reaction score
the public holiday eve, there is not many traffic going out from Singpaore, I guess that probably tomorrow coming back is not too jam as well

martin

Reaction score
Any fruit farms within easy reach from the city centre where one can see a wide variety of fruitvtrees and also eat fruits there?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hatten how to book for 3 people huh? Can book room for 2 but stay 3 person? :s13:

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Melaka during the SG50 long weekend public holiday.. will Melaka be so packed and crowded with tourist that evening taking a taxi in Melaka will be an issue? Am also worried that if i take a taxi to the bus departure point, the taxi got stuck in a jam and we missed our bus ride... very worried now..

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Melaka during the SG50 long weekend public holiday.. will Melaka be so packed and crowded with tourist that evening taking a taxi in Melaka will be an issue? Am also worried that if i take a taxi to the bus departure point, the taxi got stuck in a jam and we missed our bus ride... very worried now..

i going Melaka also lol but self drive go in :)

good luck to you cos i think Melaka should be packed... in fact i think 7/8 will be very jam... so i will head in earlier then come back on 9/8 to avoid jams on 10/8.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.