Microsoft Surface

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Brought a Surface 3 4GB on Monday... testing it out. Idle 50C upon bootup complete. Is that even normal?

Tried Airland Battle from Steam and it shuts down my surface (temperature too high). LOL

50C? quite exaggerating :( The firmware can never allow that, its damaging..

I can just play games like maple/blackshot on it without hitting over 40, the CPU will either get throttled from there or fan speed gets higher.

Balsamic

Reaction score
Brought a Surface 3 4GB on Monday... testing it out. Idle 50C upon bootup complete. Is that even normal?

Tried Airland Battle from Steam and it shuts down my surface (temperature too high). LOL

I saw similar reports online, which is scaring me off from buying the Surface Pro 3... cos I'll need to do moderate to heavy image/video editing. At first I thought with the specs it'll be fine, and online people were saying that it can run lightroom and photoshop well, but then I heard that once it heats up it dies.

Is your's the pro or not pro?

Kes1979

Reaction score
hi, anybody know where to buy 319 coin cell batteries and AAAA battery other than Sim Lim Square? My 319 coin cell battery dies off le.

IceShelterX

Master Member
Reaction score
If you're a Krisflyer goto the following link, they give out Type Cover for free. Promote end tomorrow 15Jul

https://www.krisflyerspree.com/electricals/microsoft-store-sg

Commit my surface pro 3 here... just got the delivery... Fast delivery too.

Monday, July 20, 2015 Location Time Piece
8 Delivered - Signed for by : SHARON Singapore 11:47
1 Piece
7 With delivery courier SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 09:34
1 Piece
Saturday, July 18, 2015 Location Time Piece
6 Arrived at Delivery Facility in SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 14:27
5 Departed Facility in SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 13:44
4 Processed at SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 13:37
Friday, July 17, 2015 Location Time Piece
3 Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 14:29
1 Piece
2 Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 14:24
1 Piece
1 Shipment picked up SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 11:33
1 Piece

metavolta

Reaction score
Does anyone knows whether claiming of warranty requires receipt for Surface?

I know for Microsoft Lumia Phones.. the repair centre requires receipt for proof of purchase

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows whether claiming of warranty requires receipt for Surface?

I know for Microsoft Lumia Phones.. the repair centre requires receipt for proof of purchase

You can check online with your serial number to determine status

Noirkw

Reaction score
anywhere i can buy a mini display port to multi adapter (with vga, hdmi, etc) ?

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, wanting to buy a surface pro for my brother for using microsoft excel and access to email mainly.

Not in a rush to get it.

Can anyone recommend me which Surface pro to get (ram n cpu) and is sls/funan/challenger cheaper then online (amazon?newegg?lazada?)

Many thanks.

nyf_kenny

Reaction score
Portable Battery

Hi, anyone got any recommendation on portable charger for surface pro 3? I'm looking for just 1 full charge. Hopefully can buy locally instead of buying online as need it quite urgently.

Thank in advance.

dazehead

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got any recommendation on portable charger for surface pro 3? I'm looking for just 1 full charge. Hopefully can buy locally instead of buying online as need it quite urgently.

Thank in advance.

Try searching Anker Astro Pro 2, Romoss eUSB, intocircuit on amazon, Energizer XP18000A.

Need to also find for adapter cable and/or SP3 connector tips.

I havent tried and not sure what works best. Still researching as well.

dazehead

Reaction score

Thank in advance.

just saw your preference for local. can find the energizer locally. romoss got its official website mstation shop at The Verge serangoon road. anker got seller on hwz.

adapter and tips still the issue cos i still assume that can be gotten online only. anyone knows where can get locally? I'd also prefer that.

Streetsoldier

Reaction score
Probably have been asked many times but....

Do any of your surface pro 3's have any kind of yellow tinting/bleeding on any part of the screen?

Anyone tried to enquire on a unit exchange because of it?

I have about 1/5 of the yellow tint on the left upper corner of my SP3. Heard its a very rampant issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.