Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

punggolkid

Reaction score
From my past experience, this is a lucky incident. Last time when I brought my amazon and ship to CGW, amazon ship from different locations and ended I pay repacking fee for 4 packages. (repacking fee x 4 times)..

Anyway free express shipping is a standard shipping. I believe all the freight forwarding companies have this. Gshipexpress, Borderlinux, Vpost, CGW..

I got my package with gshipexpress within 2 days upon shipping confirmation. So I am not sure how express is for CGW. (3-5 days?)
But each person have different views. One thing for sure is i no need to pay repacking fee for gshipexpress. (unlike vpost and cgw).

I got amazon to reduce number of shipments so ended up having the earphones and kindle cover as one package, and the kindle as another. Yes, the express shipping is 3-5 days. Isn't the repacking by CGW optional? I've never used other forwarders as I've been quite satisfied with CGW. Borderlinx sounds good but the USA address I was assigned to incurred sales tax when buying and shipping from Amazon to it.

Yewcheong

Reaction score
I got amazon to reduce number of shipments so ended up having the earphones and kindle cover as one package, and the kindle as another. Yes, the express shipping is 3-5 days. Isn't the repacking by CGW optional? I've never used other forwarders as I've been quite satisfied with CGW. Borderlinx sounds good but the USA address I was assigned to incurred sales tax when buying and shipping from Amazon to it.

Yeah, but my selection was from multiple merchants. So ended up with a couple of packages. CGW repacking is optional. But most likely you will need repacking fee, just for the savings on shipping cost. (Amazon packaging is always very bulky). So you save on shipping but spend on repacking fee.

Now, I switch over to gshipexpress.com (my friend recommendation) They give free repacking for your packages. So now, I save on shipping cost and no need to pay repacking cost. Tried 6 rounds of shipping with them. So overall experience, is quite good.

Borderlinux, yes they have tax. So will never use their address.

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
stoopid vpost updated my package late and i missed vpost $30 voucher for orders above $80. anyone have anymore vpost voucher code?

Update: i used citibank code instead for $20 off CITI2080

Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
From my past experience, this is a lucky incident. Last time when I brought my amazon and ship to CGW, amazon ship from different locations and ended I pay repacking fee for 4 packages. (repacking fee x 4 times)..

Anyway free express shipping is a standard shipping. I believe all the freight forwarding companies have this. Gshipexpress, Borderlinux, Vpost, CGW..

I got my package with gshipexpress within 2 days upon shipping confirmation. So I am not sure how express is for CGW. (3-5 days?)
But each person have different views. One thing for sure is i no need to pay repacking fee for gshipexpress. (unlike vpost and cgw).

You can actually see if your order at Amazon is being broken into different packages after you ordered. I once had an order broken into 3 packages (all small items). I chatted with Amazon customer service and managed to have 2 items lumped together. The 3rd item couldn't so I dropped that. You can always cancel the order if they are being broken up. Amazon has a 12~24hrs "cooling period" before they process your order for shipping. ;)

BTW, free upgrade to express is not standard shipping for CGW. Their packages are upgraded for POSB everyday or Paypal users, and it's for a certain period, not always.

Haven't tried gshipexpress myself, so can't compare their services. Maybe I'll give them a go on my next shipment. :D

avault1810

Reaction score
stoopid vpost updated my package late and i missed vpost $30 voucher for orders above $80. anyone have anymore vpost voucher code?

Try this
IN072IND

30% off - expires today though

or RE073IND for 25% off

avault1810

Reaction score
Here's an update to my Gshipexpres from 1 month ago.
I actually received my stuff in time for my trip to Europe so that is a plus. There's no tracking number but they did deliver on a Saturday (my flight was on Sunday).

However when they repacked and measured my package - it was over charged by 4KG!
Had to take pictures and measure and email them and they credited my account (cant get a refund).
Was quite a hassle but at least they did do the right thing.

Overall I'm on the fence about them. The price is good though if you have a small amount of packages to consolidate.

I have to use them again since I have a credit balance with them. Hopefully will be a better experience.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I dislike them for sending targeted emails to existing customers, with a good voucher code, that is valid only for 12 days. By the time you shop, processed, ship, delivered and update, already almost 12days. Kiasu, not sincere in my opinion.

victorian07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to ship some education books from Gleim for CIA exams for my girlfriend. The official website quoted me USD76.38 for the 3 books (8lbs or 3.6kg, 19 x 13 x 3 inches) for direct shipping to SG, and USD16.95 for domestic shipping to a freight forwarder address like Borderlinx or HopShopGo.

My concern though, is that going via forwarders will likely incur customs and duties since the book value exceeds the SGD400 threshold value. And overall shipping fees from their shipping calculator will still exceed $80-100.

Any suggestions/recommendations on any forwarders with lower rates or experience in shipping heavy items? A pity Borderlinx's Economy service doesn't apply here.

Many thanks :)

Boeing101

Reaction score
UPS has shipped an article to my Vpost address 24hr ago. Till now, Vpost has yet to update my account.
Anyone encounter same issue now?

smilingbuddha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Boeing101

Reaction score
UPS has shipped an article to my Vpost address 24hr ago. Till now, Vpost has yet to update my account.
Anyone encounter same issue now?

They update me at 3am Sin time which is 28hr later after my goods reach their warehouse. Sad. Because of this i lost a chance to receive it next week. Most likely will receive next next week.

Boeing101

Reaction score
They update me at 3am Sin time which is 28hr later after my goods reach their warehouse. Sad. Because of this i lost a chance to receive it next week. Most likely will receive next next week.

Ok. I just received my package few hours ago.
That mean if you complete your online order with Vpost before US time on Friday, you have chance to receive the package early following week.

dker333

Reaction score
usa-ship-singapore.png

Putting this here for easy reference for you guys. Can compare the charges between the different forwarders. Think it's easy enough to tell who is who haha

mortred93

Reaction score
usa-ship-singapore.png

Putting this here for easy reference for you guys. Can compare the charges between the different forwarders. Think it's easy enough to tell who is who haha

I've only used hopshopgo in the past, would like to try 65dg, but heard they unreliable for US, anyone can share their experience of using?

zodiac21

Reaction score
usa-ship-singapore.png

Thanks for the effort. I think this is 65 daigou price comparison table. Quite iconic icon label there. But I think they miss out GSHIPEXPRESS in their price comparison.

I suppose : -
Competitor 1 is referring to Vpost
Competitor 2 is referring to Borderlinx
Competitor 3 is referring to comgateway.

In general, it looks like 65dg is cheaper. But here is my comment for all to take note.

:eek: They charge $8 repacking fee for 2kg and above.
:)Free repacking for package below 2kg.
(Guess most of my package is over 2kg. So no go for me.)
:eek: They charge in per 500g block. Vpost charge in per 100g block.
:eek: Quite a number of NEGATIVE feedback on package missing or delay. (For me, I quite worried about my package missing)
https://www.facebook.com/65daigou/posts/876167612427908
For 65dg, Majority of users complaints of their packages missing or even not listed in warehouse after 1 month.

Overall, I am still quite concern about using 65daigou even though price is cheap.
Still perfer to stick to GSHIPEXPRESS after weighing price and reliability.
Do not want to risk my items missing as well if switch over to 65daigou.

:s12: GShipexpress has free repacking for all packages (no size limit)
:s12: Shipping fee is (USD$2.45 per 500g block)
:s12: Base Fee is (USD$9.90 per shipment)

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort. I think this is 65 daigou price comparison table. Quite iconic icon label there. But I think they miss out GSHIPEXPRESS in their price comparison.

I suppose : -
Competitor 1 is referring to Vpost
Competitor 2 is referring to Borderlinx
Competitor 3 is referring to comgateway.

In general, it looks like 65dg is cheaper. But here is my comment for all to take note.

:eek: They charge $8 repacking fee for 2kg and above.
:)Free repacking for package below 2kg.
(Guess most of my package is over 2kg. So no go for me.)
:eek: They charge in per 500g block. Vpost charge in per 100g block.
:eek: Quite a number of NEGATIVE feedback on package missing or delay. (For me, I quite worried about my package missing)
https://www.facebook.com/65daigou/posts/876167612427908
For 65dg, Majority of users complaints of their packages missing or even not listed in warehouse after 1 month.

Overall, I am still quite concern about using 65daigou even though price is cheap.
Still perfer to stick to GSHIPEXPRESS after weighing price and reliability.
Do not want to risk my items missing as well if switch over to 65daigou.

TBH, those issues were actually during the Black Friday, of which we know that their warehouse couldn't actually handle the sudden surge of incoming parcels.

I used 65DG a few times during and since the incident, and they are really good since BF. So far no issues on missing items, damaged items. They take roughly 5 days to reach SG, slightly longer than DHL but given the price you paid :s22:

As for the 100g block for vpost vs the 500g block, who wants to try vpost because they are the once with all the missing parcels, overcharging etc etc etc :s8:

I cycle between CGW and 65DG depending on the item size, and both are relatively good so far.
Well, to each his own :o

Last edited:

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi avault1810,

But I am not sure your us shipping company is a good catch.. 1st, 50% promotion is till 31 May. Take note that discount is a bonus and is not a GIVEN. Company can cut off at any point.

For me, I prefer to look at facts and figures. And if you compare your recommendation myus.com, this is the one I would be fainted by the price.

Based on a 5 kg parcel calculation, here are the shipping cost comparison
(in order of cost)

GShipExpress - USD$34.84
Comgateway - USD$41.05
Vpost - SGD$58.90 (USD$43.62)
MyUSA - USD$80.97 (2.32x more costly than gship, way off scale)

Even myusa with 50% discount is only at USD$40 odd, which got to remain forever in order to use it. If one fine day, the promotion terminates, guess I will be stuck with shipment that need to pay EXTREMELY HIGH cost.

Big NO NO for me.

I've decided to give Gshipexpress a try after your review here.

The Ebay seller was going to charge me USD55 for the package which is around 2kg via USPS. I decided to try my luck at saving some shipping fee and got her to ship it internally in USA which cost me USD16.5 to Gshipexpress.

Now that Gshipexpress has received and re-packaged the package. They are going to charge me 7.06KG volumetric weight based on 56cm x 42cm x 15cm which works out to around USD47.

Bearing in mind that the package is a duffle bag and its actual dimensions are 46cm x 33cm x 28cm when fully filled. Upon compression (since it's air after all with no stuffings in the duffle bag), I assume it should be less than what Gshipexpress has quoted me?

Any idea how can I reduce the shipping cost with Gshipexpress since it appears that I should have just gone the USPS route in the first place?

Their customer response is also quite slow compared to CGW which normally responds within a day...

Yewcheong

Reaction score
I've decided to give Gshipexpress a try after your review here.

The Ebay seller was going to charge me USD55 for the package which is around 2kg via USPS. I decided to try my luck at saving some shipping fee and got her to ship it internally in USA which cost me USD16.5 to Gshipexpress.

Now that Gshipexpress has received and re-packaged the package. They are going to charge me 7.06KG volumetric weight based on 56cm x 42cm x 15cm which works out to around USD47.

Bearing in mind that the package is a duffle bag and its actual dimensions are 46cm x 33cm x 28cm when fully filled. Upon compression (since it's air after all with no stuffings in the duffle bag), I assume it should be less than what Gshipexpress has quoted me?

Any idea how can I reduce the shipping cost with Gshipexpress since it appears that I should have just gone the USPS route in the first place?

Their customer response is also quite slow compared to CGW which normally responds within a day...

Bro, I used gshipexpress currently. Based on my experience, you can request their gshipexpress staff to do a repack for your package. But for bag, there maybe some protection that may have cause it to be fluffy.

Of course, you may give them specific instruction to remove all protection to reduce the dimension. They will advise you accordingly.
I did it once for my boxed toy to remove the toy box. Cheers

Priscias

Reaction score
Just checking...

I know this might sound a bit dumb but can I just check if either vPost's or ComGateway's are considered P.O. Box Addresses?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.