The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanCCY

Reaction score
Both also somehow similar eh. With the price fixed at same price range. Which one is better for our weather?

If have to only get 1 out of the 2 products, which one to go for?

Can Ryan reply? Since he is selling both products
I would say both are suitable for our climate and weather and both are mostly organic and paraben-free as well .

Some differences to note : blumaan has a higher holding strength which beeswax has a greater versatility and ability to restyle.
Blumaan has a mint scent while beeswax smells like fragrant peach. I would prefer beeswax smell .

Blumaan has a heat-protectant in built. Good for pre-styling while beeswax is better as a finishing product.

Both are equally easy to apply into hair.

For me , I would use blumaan as a pre-styler then finish off with beeswax :) perfect combo . Applying blumaan again for me would be an overkill.

In my opinion , beeswax seem to weigh less in terms of density and what you call weighing your hair down when applying too much product.

I would say blumaan is an all-in-all kind of product . Works as a pre-styler as well as a finishing product , while beeswax is better off applying into mostly dried hair as a finishing product .

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say both are suitable for our climate and weather and both are mostly organic and paraben-free as well .

Some differences to note : blumaan has a higher holding strength which beeswax has a greater versatility and ability to restyle.
Blumaan has a mint scent while beeswax smells like fragrant peach. I would prefer beeswax smell .

Blumaan has a heat-protectant in built. Good for pre-styling while beeswax is better as a finishing product.

Both are equally easy to apply into hair.

For me , I would use blumaan as a pre-styler then finish off with beeswax :) perfect combo . Applying blumaan again for me would be an overkill.

In my opinion , beeswax seem to weigh less in terms of density and what you call weighing your hair down when applying too much product.

I would say blumaan is an all-in-all kind of product . Works as a pre-styler as well as a finishing product , while beeswax is better off applying into mostly dried hair as a finishing product .

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

I just bought a bottle of sidekick. So dont' need a pre styling. Can GX or Ryan do a Sidekick and bluman review?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of sidekick. So dont' need a pre styling. Can GX or Ryan do a Sidekick and bluman review?

I Bo liao haha. I gave it to one of my friend.
Wait for more samples.
Ryan maybe can help you. Or dapper. Since he have both

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the same old questions that people ask.

go back a few page and read.

you need pre styling spray that can create volume.
blow dry, with movement in the roots, you can create volume.
then style with a wax/clay

then you're done.

there's a few options if claymation don't work
Dynamite clay
Mister pomp beeswax
Vantachi clay
the soon to be release BluMaan wax (Oct then will come)

You should also consider the use of a finishing hairspray. With it, it helps to hold and fix the hairstyle in place throughout the day. Especially so in SG, where there is high humidity, using a finishing hairspray to allow hairstyle to last longer is essential IMO. However, there is no hard and fast rule and there will be some people who choose to omit it.

thanks guys.
any recommendations for pre styling and finishing spray?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update. Haha promo on blind Barber products will end 1 Aug.
Use hwz10 for 10% off.
90 proof pomade Will restock this week!

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I Bo liao haha. I gave it to one of my friend.
Wait for more samples.
Ryan maybe can help you. Or dapper. Since he have both

Alright, hope to hear from Ryan and Dapper soon.

Btw, i like the combo of sidekick and DC, will bluman or beeswax match this combo?

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright, hope to hear from Ryan and Dapper soon.

Btw, i like the combo of sidekick and DC, will bluman or beeswax match this combo?

using blumaan as pre style, i would say better dun... doesnt give me any volume at all... maybe i too long never cut hair... will give review after i cut my hair

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using blumaan as pre style, i would say better dun... doesnt give me any volume at all... maybe i too long never cut hair... will give review after i cut my hair

Hmm. A small amount of volume la. Not alot of you compare to Pre styler that are designed for volume Haha
But good if you need extra hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.