Apple Watch

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15 seconds screen time each time it is turned on.

You can choose to tap the screen or use "raise wrist feature" to turn on the screen

Hope we can select the duration of screen time in next or subsequent update
I think 5, 10 or 15 secs for us to select would be good.

Hmm if its too sensitive it could wake up each time your arm is raised just a little higher than normal. I guess tap screen is the way to go to avoid unnecessary wake ups which waste battery. A bit troublesome though if both your hands are occupied.

Are you able to tap with something else? Serious, not joking. Like maybe your chin? Imagine you are shopping with both hands full. How else to tap the screen?

palmtungsten

Reaction score

Hmm if its too sensitive it could wake up each time your arm is raised just a little higher than normal. I guess tap screen is the way to go to avoid unnecessary wake ups which waste battery. A bit troublesome though if both your hands are occupied.

Are you able to tap with something else? Serious, not joking. Like maybe your chin? Imagine you are shopping with both hands full. How else to tap the screen?
So far only finger works for me to turn on the screen.

You can try the demo set in the apple shop..

palmtungsten

Reaction score
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-watch-trial-forum-374/apple-watch-walk-purchase-discussions-[read-1st-post]-5070315.html

See above for sticky post for the list of shops that have demo set

Last edited:

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score

I tapped before with my nose hahahaj

Was on the bus and holding onto the railing and wanted to see my message so I tapped it with my nose

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Was on the bus and holding onto the railing and wanted to see my message so I tapped it with my nose

Then confirm will have a patch of oil on the screen... eeek...

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah you route your msg to your watch? Doesn't that drain the batt quickly? If can disable, I would rather my watch not let me know when a message is received.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah you route your msg to your watch? Doesn't that drain the batt quickly? If can disable, I would rather my watch not let me know when a message is received.

Not really leh after a day left about 60% then I switched off and use it the next day so effectively I have 2 days of use (not in hours)

palmtungsten

Reaction score
den buy smart watch for what?!!? :eek:

Totally agree with you. LOL

I buy because of the notification on my Apple watch. Care less about battery life. So far it never fails me to last for one whole day despite of many notifications from SMS, whatsapp, news media, etc.

If Apple watch battery is flat, it is not the end. Can rely on my iPhone 6 plus battery for extended use.

slugzz

Reaction score
Yup for now the main features I like are basically the SMS/Whatsapp notifications, next appointment (via modular watch face) and the activity app, and heart rate measurement. It's been 4 weeks of usage now. Here's my activity awards so far :s13: Any of you guys bother with the activity app? Maybe I'll get jaded with the activity app later, but I have to say I'm much more aware how much sitting around I do all day :) I try to heed the time-to-stand activity app alert when I'm sitting for too long.

19484011794_27f40d6f43.jpg

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with you. LOL

I buy because of the notification on my Apple watch. Care less about battery life. So far it never fails me to last for one whole day despite of many notifications from SMS, whatsapp, news media, etc.

If Apple watch battery is flat, it is not the end. Can rely on my iPhone 6 plus battery for extended use.
Just that I've heard the battery life is quite terok. If that's not true then its fine.

How do you use your iPhone to extend the watch battery life?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Watch after a full charge, drops 1% within 5 mins of usage. I also get notifications from ST, CNA, messages, whatsapp and my activity usage, use glances and make full use of it. It's a smartwatch and meant to be used as it is, similarly with smartphones.

So didn't bother abt batt life. As of now, the watch usage is 2hrs 21 mins, standby is 12 hrs 5 mins and still have 60% left.

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Just that I've heard the battery life is quite terok. If that's not true then its fine.

How do you use your iPhone to extend the watch battery life?

iPhone 6 plus has very good battery life and do not drain as fast as Apple watch even there are a lot of notification that go to both iPhone 6 plus and Apple watch.

If apple watch battery is flat, I can still use iPhone for SMS, phone call, etc..

I do not try to conserve battery and as a result extend battery life of iPhone

palmtungsten

Reaction score
This viewfinder feature is useful for selfie..

https://www.apple.com/sg/watch/built-in-apps/

Camera Remote

Apple Watch can be a viewfinder for the iSight camera on your iPhone. So you can take a perfect selfie or join the group shot. See a live preview of what your iPhone sees, then snap the photo or set the timer on the camera

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.