Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if my esaver account is holding stocks more then 1k would i be still deducted for the $5 or still must put 1k there to rot...?

How does an e-saver account hold stocks :s13::s13::s13:

Your shares are kept in a seperate account, not e-saver

The Rage Guy

Reaction score
To the guys who created a dash pay acc and are thus unable to create a dash easy acc, you can call singtel to cancel your mwallet acc (mwallet is created when you create a dashpay acc) and apply for dash easy at the dash website afterwards.

You can't apply for a dash easy online after you have a mwallet/dashpay as the system probably checks for the existence of the mwallet/dashpay acc before allowing you to proceed.

This was what I did to circumvent the problem. Should be fine as I have just received my dash easy atm card.

Don't have to go down to SCB if you do it this way.

i just applied dash easy online (as new applicant), still have to verify at the branch with ur NRIC within 7 working days.

Last edited:

lamEduDe

Reaction score
So right now if i am using scb to trade, moving forward is to close esaver and open dash account?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can Dash account able to replace e$aver account for minimum 1 SCB account for trading?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just applied dash easy online (as new applicant), still have to verify at the branch with ur NRIC within 7 working days.

Same here. Required to head down to SCB branch at PS or Singtel Comcentre

Did you all upload your softcopy NRIC during the application? If yes, there is no need to go down to SCB branch at PS.

Just ensure that you received an email with your reference number.

Available to all Singtel or Standard Chartered (Current or Savings Account) customers
Your sign-up will be completed online.

For foreigners, after completing the online form, we will need to make a final verification. Please visit us at any of these locations within 7 days of submission.

Singtel shop (Comcentre)
31 Exeter Road, Singapore 239732

Standard Chartered branch (Plaza Singapura)
68 Orchard Road #04-53 Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839

ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR DASH EASY?

Last edited:

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For closing of esaver i need to go to the branch personally???

Decided to use my dash acct with my trading

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you all upload your softcopy NRIC during the application? If yes, there is no need to go down to SCB branch at PS.

Available to all Singtel or Standard Chartered (Current or Savings Account) customers

For foreigners, after completing the online form, we will need to make a final verification. Please visit us at any of these locations within 7 days of submission.

Singtel shop (Comcentre)

for dash account opening, just wait for sms after online application?

per email message: As for your Dash Easy Savings Account, we'll be in touch if we need to clarify anything with you. But if all's good, you'll get an SMS from us once your savings account is opened.

klwoh_

Reaction score

Singtel shop (Comcentre)

Oh yes! Thx for highlighting that. So i'll just have to wait for the sms to notify me that the Dash savings acct is completed.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for dash account opening, just wait for sms after online application?

per email message: As for your Dash Easy Savings Account, we'll be in touch if we need to clarify anything with you. But if all's good, you'll get an SMS from us once your savings account is opened.

Oh yes! Thx for highlighting that. So i'll just have to wait for the sms to notify me that the Dash savings acct is completed.

Yes.

According to Dash hotline, they will email or call you if they need more clarification.

diediex

Reaction score
Hi, noob question here, vanguard global index VWRD payout my first dividend in june but i have yet to receive it yet; how are the payout procesed by SCB? cheque?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, noob question here, vanguard global index VWRD payout my first dividend in june but i have yet to receive it yet; how are the payout procesed by SCB? cheque?

I do not know about london listing, did you remember to call in and say you want cash dividends instead of shares?
For US & SG dividends, it's usually 1 working day delay only.
Note that there is a difference between ex-div and pay date which is usually within 1 month.

More about dividends here.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/all-about-dividends-5064974.html

So check when is the pay date?

edit: I just checked this
https://www.vanguard.co.uk/documents/portal/legal/etf-distribution-schedule.pdf
It says VWRD pays out it's dividend on 6/26/2015 so you should have received it lastest 6/29/2015.
Guess you need to call in already.

Last edited:

jimbb80

Reaction score
Hi,

Can we trade any US ETFs with the SCB account?
The people in the branch said yes but I thought we couldn't?

Thanks for the help

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can we trade any US ETFs with the SCB account?
The people in the branch said yes but I thought we couldn't?

Thanks for the help

Why couldn't?
Which etf are you looking for?
As long as they are listed on the 3 indices and not super ulu, they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.