EDMW Knife Collectors

squarebox

Reaction score
:s13::s22::s13:

I don't know if you're joking but I have the victorinox bantam with me most days, the tweezers are great and the 1in blade is perfect for opening letters =:p

Victorinox are great utility tools. I always have a classic SD on my keychain. :s22:

LazySalami

Reaction score
:s13::s22::s13:

I don't know if you're joking but I have the victorinox bantam with me most days, the tweezers are great and the 1in blade is perfect for opening letters =:p
😂 dats cool. Nah. Aint joking. I bring a small flip karam wherever i go. Not for self defence but just the fact that you have a trusty tool by your side

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
package just came~

fEuTOWL.jpg

he sent lollipops wit it :s22:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
😂 dats cool. Nah. Aint joking. I bring a small flip karam wherever i go. Not for self defence but just the fact that you have a trusty tool by your side

the Opinel mushroom knife is pretty useful, if you're in the kebun.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
package just came~

fEuTOWL.jpg

cutleryshoppe?

Gayle Bradley is a classic - there were 2 iterations - I can't quite remember what the changes were though.

Separately, I'm listing my folding puukko for sale:

Up for sale is a highly pimped folding puukko, modified from an Enzo Birk S30V scandi folder. This one was faithfully done up ala 'poboy'. This has been my pocket pal the past year but it's time for someone to enjoy it - has all the usual love marks (don't be expecting a minty safequeen) but a quick blast and clean up should make her like new. I put a lot of time, money and love into it. Blade is super scary sharp. Near Zero Grind with a microbevel for strength. No original parts.

I'm asking for USD350 via paypal, includes fees. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2338_zpsfvhahser.jpg

IMG_2341_zpsqdlugeu9.jpg

IMG_2340_zpsejxwidlf.jpg

IMG_2342_zps9jzdilni.jpg

IMG_2343_zpss0vflto7.jpg

IMG_2344_zpsymkflf4i.jpg

viking

Reaction score
package just came~

fEuTOWL.jpg

Welcome to the "Gayle Bradley Club" - it's a fantastic knife. I bought one and liked it so much that I bought a second as a 'safe queen'.
There is a new version - the GB2 which is slimmer but has a slightly longer blade than the original.

gamer37023

Reaction score
Stropping compound

Hello guys! Can advice on where to get stropping compound in local retail? I know online have but I wanna get them locally, at least see what I buy.

Anyways is stropping necessary knives or just some overrated hoo-ha?

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! Can advice on where to get stropping compound in local retail? I know online have but I wanna get them locally, at least see what I buy.

Anyways is stropping necessary knives or just some overrated hoo-ha?

Daiso sells green compound. It should be at the hardware compartment where they sell drill bits, screwdrivers, tools and etc. It should be a slightly off-green looking block in a blister pack with yellow cardboard.

As for stropping, I do not think it is overrated. It is a simple and easy way to maintain the edge of your knives after regular light/medium usage. You will definitely notice the difference after stropping.

Last edited:

elingtey

Reaction score
folding knife able to receive

Hi experience member,
I am new here, I see a nice knife , just wish to collect, kindly search with this word in amazon:

HTK GSG9 Tactical TAC-OPS Assisted folding knife

Will anyone here advise whether will ship successfully to Singapore without issue?
Hope to hear you soon. Thank you,

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experience member,
I am new here, I see a nice knife , just wish to collect, kindly search with this word in amazon:

Will anyone here advise whether will ship successfully to Singapore without issue?

If Amazon ship direct to SG, most probably will not have any issue.

If via Freight forwarder like CGW or borderlinx, your parcel will be rejected.

Just a note, assisted opening is not allowed.
In the past Amazon ship Kershaw knifes to SG.
Now they stopped all

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi experience member,

Hello, welcome. Best to start on the right footing - I would give that knife a miss. Get something you would want to hang on to for years, even as a first knife. If it's a budget issue, get the better known brands. A spyderco delica will not be out of place in any bag/gear 5 years down the road.

Are assisted openers now officially disallowed? I still see many being sold online in Singapore, last I checked they're not prohibited as they're not autos but somewhere in the grey area.

Have you tried the usual online dealers that ship to Singapore? Newgraham, Cutlery Shoppe, Knifecenter (EDMW favourite due to fast and affordable shipping :)) etc.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I looked at the list again - thought they may have updated it. The prohibition is against automatics. NOt flippers or assisted openers (the release is the blade itself, not via a button or 'trigger' on the handle). Am I reading it wrong (lately my eyesight has been bad, the problem with ageing and long-sightedness)....

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi experience member,

Hi, while this knife may look nice, I would really advise against getting it.

1) Assisted opening knives I'm not really sure what is the consensus on it. It seems like there are many places selling them online. I personally would not risk it as good manual folders open just as smoothly.

2) Assisted opening means more parts can go wrong in that knife. Not really advised for beginners. Once whatever mechanism in it goes kaput, the knife might not even be functional for all you know.

3) There are plenty of better options out there. You can browse through many of great offerings from Kershaw, Spyderco, Cold Steel, CRKT (to name a few) at a reasonable budget. Maybe you can state what kind of requirements/purpose you'll be using the knife for and the people here can give you some suggestions.

Good luck, and have fun collecting.

Last edited:

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-jailed-for-having-card-knife-at-state-courts

Man jailed for having card-knife at State Courts

knife.jpg

SINGAPORE - A hotel worker was jailed for three months on Wednesday for having a card knife with a 7cm-long blade at the State Courts.

Hairulnizam Hanafi, 30, admitted to an amended charge of having the offensive weapon without lawful purpose at Havelock Square on March 10 this year.

The court heard that Hairulnizam had accompanied his father to the State Courts that morning as his father had a court mention.

He placed his wallet in a basket at the security counter near the entrance of the building.

When the basket went through the X-ray machine, a Certis Cisco officer spotted a sharp object inside the wallet.

The officer asked if he had anything to declare from his wallet and showed him the prohibited item. Hairulnizam then took out the card knife from his wallet.

Hairulnizam, who claimed he bought it from a shop, had been jailed and caned before in 2009 for having a scheduled weapon. He had other unrelated convictions such as using criminal force on a public servant, theft and drug-related offences.

The father of two could have been jailed for up to two years under the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.