EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Look at his rap sheet. There's more to the article. In any case, caveat emptor. The burden is on you to show a lawful purpose. the cardsharp is a useful tool, but I would not smuggle it past scanners.

anvil_den

Reaction score
Look at his rap sheet. There's more to the article. In any case, caveat emptor. The burden is on you to show a lawful purpose. the cardsharp is a useful tool, but I would not smuggle it past scanners.

that's what I was telling my friend this morning. Seems like there are some things not spelled out in the article.

elingtey

Reaction score
Hi slowstatic,
Thanks for your advise. There got one Gerber 30-001058 amazon direct ship to Singapore, is this knife possible can receive without issue?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi slowstatic,
Thanks for your advise. There got one Gerber 30-001058 amazon direct ship to Singapore, is this knife possible can receive without issue?

yes, but $70 (excluding shipping) for a 420HC fixed blade from Gerber is really not the way to go, elingteh.

Tell us what you are after - what kind of blade, application, style etc and we can help you with recommendations. If you're seeking a utility fixed blade, you can do much better than that. Right now, value for money is Survive GSO knives, you could get a 3.5-4" fixed in 20CV/3V for about $200.

If you want something cheaper but still useful/good - get the Mora - there are many models, they are one of the best bang for the buck knives. You won't regret and even serious outdoorsmen use Mora.

30 years ago, it was Buck at the top end, then Gerber in the middle. These days, Gerber is just a supermarket brand - almost everything is made overseas (China).

For about $120-150, you could get a custom fixed blade in M390 from a lesser known maker (I have my eye on several).

Of course, at the end of the day, it's your decision and your satisfaction.

You did miss out one of the best value buys recently - the Assymetric fixed blade in S90V by CKF. Although S90V is chippy, it's a darn good blade - I've used it many times and in fact 2 friends jumped on the bandwagon too. All for $150 shipped.

For fixies, try and go for carbon or at least a good HTed AEB-L, VG10, 440C blade (HT is everything, plus geometry). Unless it's just for collecting, then it doesn't really matter.

Good luck with the search in any case :)

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
looking at your 2 choices, maybe you're after a 'tactical' knife? those are typically overbuilt, ultra grippy (for use with gloves) and to be used and abused (thick edges, thick spines). Is that what you're after?

elingtey

Reaction score
Yes, this is what I am looking for, but amazon doesn't ship to Singapore. They are some seller ship to SG but I am not sure is legal or not. Just don't want end up go visit police station. Those knife u mentioned, I did c some local seller selling but expensive, Urbantoolhaus also got seller, but still considering, I will prefer folding knife with 440C

bellwether

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is what I am looking for, but amazon doesn't ship to Singapore. They are some seller ship to SG but I am not sure is legal or not. Just don't want end up go visit police station. Those knife u mentioned, I did c some local seller selling but expensive, Urbantoolhaus also got seller, but still considering, I will prefer folding knife with 440C

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score

Tactical folder wise, you can take a look at Cold Steel. Despite having a reputation as a "mall-ninja" knife makers, they actually have a really good selection of tactical folders.

Knifecenter has the old Cold Steel knives in AUS-8A on clearance right now, you might want to take a look at that.

Otherwise, if you would like better steel, you can get the newer Cold Steel knives in CTS-XHP steel.

Fixed blades wise, Schrade looks to be a decent option on a budget. But, like Gerber, they are another company that used to be good, but have now moved most of their production plants to China.

Otherwise, you can look at some of ESEE's offerings. I've heard nothing but good things about their warranty.

There's Cold Steel and KA-BAR if you like the more "combat" styled knives.

Legality wise, you can check online, or email SPF if you have doubts.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just sharing, they're for sale on the blade-related forums =:p

IMG_2377_zpsqesbtgmi.jpg

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
The Sukhoi is a very well made knife. Uber smooth - I'm not partial to the design but the one I handled really impressed the hell out of me (in terms of the fit and finish and mechanics). Glad to see another Russian knife fan.

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this?

I might finally get a Para 2 when this hits the market.

I do like the normal ones, but there are too many S30V knives out there and I wanted something different. Sprint runs can be expensive and elusive.

To sweeten the deal, it will be a production run and it comes in my favourite colour.

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score

HardwareNewie

Reaction score
hello knife experts. i wanna ask if i buy a trainer balisong online, can pass custom? and what is usually the restriction of importing knife in? ( like double edge cannot , length of blade, etc...):o

timber2

Reaction score
Some stuffs to go:
1. Nocturnal Fixed Blades - Tanto Yeti (Full Black) and OBR (Full Camo)
2. Strider SA Full Titanium - One and only (Custom)
3. Strider Folder SMF - Gun Scale
4. Spartan Blades - Sold
5. Surefire Delta Folder
6. Crusader Forge both Folder and Fixed Blade

All are new and never carried. Comes as original boxes if available.

Msg me at 83880429 for images as I got too low count to post images.

Bump....

Bump....up still avail.

anvil_den

Reaction score
The Sukhoi is a very well made knife. Uber smooth - I'm not partial to the design but the one I handled really impressed the hell out of me (in terms of the fit and finish and mechanics). Glad to see another Russian knife fan.

That would be the first gen Sukhoi... Yea, felt like a knife twice its price.. The current crop of gen 2 sukhois has a thinner grind for the blade. I was hoping they will make it in M390 though. Too many S35VN these days.

anvil_den

Reaction score
You did miss out one of the best value buys recently - the Assymetric fixed blade in S90V by CKF. Although S90V is chippy, it's a darn good blade - I've used it many times and in fact 2 friends jumped on the bandwagon too. All for $150 shipped.
was $135- shipped
Mine's getting a major DIY overhaul on the edge these few nites... 17 dps gives it a nice wide edge.. Now i just gotta get the scratches off without over smoothening it :D:D

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
was $135- shipped
Mine's getting a major DIY overhaul on the edge these few nites... 17 dps gives it a nice wide edge.. Now i just gotta get the scratches off without over smoothening it :D:D

REGRIND REGRIND REGRIND 0.010" just at the edge:s12::s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.