Question about Malacca

martin

Reaction score
One question for those taking coaches to malacca, do you bring a trolley luggage which will need to be placed in the luggage compartment or you bring a carry on bag?

xrubiksx

Reaction score
One question for those taking coaches to malacca, do you bring a trolley luggage which will need to be placed in the luggage compartment or you bring a carry on bag?

really depends on whether you need to bring so many things. i personally go i always will bring luggage. everyone will put in baggage compartment anyway. i have a carry on with me also

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Nowadays coaches have very little space overhead for luggage. I always have a carry-on for my valuables whether or not I have luggage under the floor.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Melaka during the SG50 long weekend public holiday.. will Melaka be so packed and crowded with tourist that evening taking a taxi in Melaka will be an issue? Am also worried that if i take a taxi to the bus departure point, the taxi got stuck in a jam and we missed our bus ride... very worried now..
Melaka will definitely be crowded that weekend, what's with SGeans on long weekend break, plus MYsians back and moving around on a typical weekend break.

Unless you're in some ulu places, getting a cab shouldn't be a problem. Get hold of a number to call, if you've to, coz most of them belong to groups such that if one is busy he'll get someone else to go pick you up.

For departure day, check with the hotel or one of the cabs if there's going to be a jam and advise for the best time to set off.

Are the coaches on different lanes so they will not be affected by jams along the causeway?
Coaches have a different lane but there will still be many coaches and people clearing immigration and customs. Jam will be unavoidable especially if you reach CIQ on Friday after 8 or 9am, and come back on Sunday/Monday after 6 or 7pm.

To give you a better picture ... a coach company I know had 8 coaches heading to Melaka alone, the last time we'd a long weekend. So you can imagine with so many other coach companies as well, even if just one coach each heading up... =:p

Good idea to have a trolley luggage for your heavier shopping loot, and a carry-on/backpack with your valuables and passport that you keep with you at all times. Most coaches will have a luggage compartment for you to put your luggage, just do the necessary markings so you don't end up with someone else's similar-looking one. :D

martin

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I asked because I generally prefer not to leave my luggage in the luggage compartment because it means you have to look out each time the bus stops and people get off, afraid someone might 'accidentally' take your luggage. I have lost a luggage like that before.

yrh0413

Reaction score
I had a pretty OK experience with spending a long weekend at Melaka over Raya (which is just 2 weeks ago). Drove in with friends via Tuas, start journey at 7am no jam on both sides. Came back on Sunday jam 2 hours.

Personally I don't think there will be a lot of people in Melaka during NDP long holiday because that weekend is just a regular weekend to the locals. Traffic may be heavy at our customs but I think it will be smooth on the highway. Usually it is much worse when both SG and MY have the same holidays.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I asked because I generally prefer not to leave my luggage in the luggage compartment because it means you have to look out each time the bus stops and people get off, afraid someone might 'accidentally' take your luggage. I have lost a luggage like that before.

Same here. I don't stow my luggage under the bus if I can help it. In China, they have attendants who tag the luggage and give you a receipt for you to claim your bag at your destination. Not in Malaysia.

buswhiz

Reaction score
actually, hari raya was a very big surprise to many people, no jam at all at the custom. but this time NDP do expect very heavy traffic at the immigration

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any restaurant along the Melaka river side that serve steak? Planning to celebrate a special occasion.

Will be staying at RC Hotel.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any restaurant along the Melaka river side that serve steak? Planning to celebrate a special occasion.

Will be staying at RC Hotel.

Give us a review of RC Hotel after your stay? Walked past a couple of times during my riverside walks, and have been wondering about it.

Steak ... The River Grill of Casa del Rio Hotel serves steak. Call them to check, and try to reserve a table facing the river. I love having my breakfast out there. =:p
http://www.casadelrio-melaka.com/contact-us

Have a really great celebration! :)

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RC Hotel is excellent bro! Get a room with a Melaka River view.
Anyway this will be my 2nd time staying in here next week :D

Here's a few photos from my stay last year..

NivOxnK.jpg

Last edited:

JAPDestiny

Reaction score
Going in this wkend. Is Thurs after noon a better bet or Friday 7am? Any advise? Considering to go in earlier, to avoid getting caught in super long jam. ( prepared for the jam but if a better timing can help, we will consider)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going in this wkend. Is Thurs after noon a better bet or Friday 7am? Any advise? Considering to go in earlier, to avoid getting caught in super long jam. ( prepared for the jam but if a better timing can help, we will consider)

Thursday will definitely be better than Friday, but not too late in the afternoon as well coz it's going to be the start of a long weekend for many heading north. Early Thursday afternoon (as early as you can) is good.

Even better, take the whole day off work and start moving on Thursday morning. Enjoy Melaka before the weekend crowd hits. ;)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.