Official: GTX 980 Ti Owner and Chit Chat Club

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
Swee! You should get it on Thursday. Amazon speed delivery overseas almost like their 2 days shipping in USA. Amazing logistics. If you see it leaving Korea/HK, next day will reach you.

btw MGS5 local steam selling $84! That means you can resale your free code at about $60 each to recoup some monies! :D

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swee! You should get it on Thursday. Amazon speed delivery overseas almost like their 2 days shipping in USA. Amazing logistics. If you see it leaving Korea/HK, next day will reach you.

btw MGS5 local steam selling $84! That means you can resale your free code at about $60 each to recoup some monies! :D

Thanks bro, hopefully!

Wow MGS5 so expensive? Good to hear too! Can't wait, launch date is September iirc?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You forgot to check G2A.com and their pre order is at around US$43.90 which is around S$61. After pre order, prices will fall. So around S$40-50 is good le, IMO.

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Process node dont lie. It been proven time and time again its the best way for improve for silicon. Just that we are hitting the limit and can no longer use this method again

Exactly. Hitting limit. 22nm to 14nm Skylake didnt give us the performance boost we hoped for. If CPU silicon hitting material limits, GPU silicon will also hit a limit somewhere. 28nm to 16/14nm is still a good shrink, but worth the premium they charge? :s13:

Looking back at the graph they showed for Pascal and Volta, sometimes u just need to give ur investors some hope that their money is not wasted down the drain. :D

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Hitting limit. 22nm to 14nm Skylake didnt give us the performance boost we hoped for. If CPU silicon hitting material limits, GPU silicon will also hit a limit somewhere. 28nm to 16/14nm is still a good shrink, but worth the premium they charge? :s13:

Looking back at the graph they showed for Pascal and Volta, sometimes u just need to give ur investors some hope that their money is not wasted down the drain. :D

What I mean is that with triple punch (HBM + Node shrink + new archit), the combination is going to give us a effin huge boost, one that we haven seen for ages.

I am looking forward to 80-100% performance scaling this time, at least on the new Titan side, the flagship 1080 should be 50% faster than T-X

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup bro, I saw that when I Google through yesterday that's why I'm curious, so if PPI same as mine now, then what's the point of going 4k to tense my GPU gaming when I can get the same on my U3415w? Sian... like this I need <32"?

Haha bro, like I said, there is a rationale y Apple stops at 27 inches for their iMac. My 27" 4k monitor i'm only getting 163dpi, which is abt the same as a 13.3" 1080p laptop screen. Ur U3415W is alrdy hitting the sweet spot for its size (sweet spot for 1440p is 27 inches, the U3415W is just an overstretched version). So only way is to go denser rather than bigger.

Else u can consider buying another 2 U3415W and do a 13320x1440? :D

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup bro, I saw that when I Google through yesterday that's why I'm curious, so if PPI same as mine now, then what's the point of going 4k to tense my GPU gaming when I can get the same on my U3415w? Sian... like this I need <32"?

I suggest you wait for a 4k 32inch will do. That will be nice.

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got the Philips 40" last week to go with my new Palit 980 Ti :D
My desk is not too big either, but so far seems ok.

There's a comparison with the cheapo korean 40" 4K monitors here :
http://www.swiftworld.net/2015/07/2...omparison-of-the-different-brands-and-models/

I think these korean monitors also available on q0010, but I went with Philips cos local warranty.

By the way anyone got good 4K UHD (60hz) to recommend for my 980 ti SLI(mention to avoid off topic =:p)

bro koroshiya8 recommends me the Philips 40 inch which seems good, but my desk measure only 60cm in depth and the furthest I could sit away from the screen is 60-70cm... So I'm worried 40 inch will be too big to view.

Really need some help here, thanks!

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the Philips 40" last week to go with my new Palit 980 Ti :D
My desk is not too big either, but so far seems ok.

There's a comparison with the cheapo kore4an 40" 4K monitors here :
http://www.swiftworld.net/2015/07/2...omparison-of-the-different-brands-and-models/

I think these korean monitors also available on q0010, but I went with Philips cos local warranty.

Nice bro! Can SIC some pictures of your table and monitor? Roughly how far you sit away from the screen? I'm sitting at only 60cm currently

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest you wait for a 4k 32inch will do. That will be nice.

Yes bro I believe 32inch should be the sweet spot for clarity and pixel ratio IMO. Too bad I can't find anyone with 27 inch 4k to test Win 10 scaling.

So in conclusion, you think I should keep my U3415W and wait?

Haha bro, like I said, there is a rationale y Apple stops at 27 inches for their iMac. My 27" 4k monitor i'm only getting 163dpi, which is abt the same as a 13.3" 1080p laptop screen. Ur U3415W is alrdy hitting the sweet spot for its size (sweet spot for 1440p is 27 inches, the U3415W is just an overstretched version). So only way is to go denser rather than bigger.

Else u can consider buying another 2 U3415W and do a 13320x1440? :D

Yup I understood your point totally, which is also a reason pulling me back now hehe.

If the Bezel of P2715Q is like their UltraSharp model, I might have pulled the trigger first and wait for newer release later this year (More might be anoonunced but don't think will be on sale until mid of 2016?)

Last edited:

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also I read and finally realise the main reason for the Philips 40" to be so cheap.

1. It's just a Philip TV panel, so due to mass production(common for TV), Philip just took out the TV Tuner and insert the DP 1.2 module for 60Hz.

2. 8 bit and 10 hit colors

3. No adjustable stand, it is why this is copied from a design of 1 of their 4K TV

4. No HDMI 2.0

So in conclude the main reason is mass productions.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You forgot to check G2A.com and their pre order is at around US$43.90 which is around S$61. After pre order, prices will fall. So around S$40-50 is good le, IMO.

I see, it's okay $50 sounds good also, it's a plus anyway thanks! Anybody interested? Haha I already received the codes

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry, I'm at work now so I only have a potato quality picture
not sure what's the exact distance, need to go home then can measure

rnyXJtB.jpg

yah, trying to watch 4 anime at once :s13:

Nice bro! Can SIC some pictures of your table and monitor? Roughly how far you sit away from the screen? I'm sitting at only 60cm currently

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

rnyXJtB.jpg

It's okay bro thanks alot for the headsup! Your desk seems about the same size as mine, with 60cm depth against the wall.

Awaiting for your measurements and feedbacks! :D

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

rnyXJtB.jpg

Sic the software u used to split the screen into 4 please lol.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also I read and finally realise the main reason for the Philips 40" to be so cheap.

1. It's just a Philip TV panel, so due to mass production(common for TV), Philip just took out the TV Tuner and insert the DP 1.2 module for 60Hz.

2. 8 bit and 10 hit colors

3. No adjustable stand, it is why this is copied from a design of 1 of their 4K TV

4. No HDMI 2.0

So in conclude the main reason is mass productions.

It has 4:4:4 chroma support. I suggest u to read the technical reviews on it. Got a feeling you are very very clueless.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It has 4:4:4 chroma support. I suggest u to read the technical reviews on it. Got a feeling you are very very clueless.

Please enlighten me bro :(:(:(, so will the viewing experience or clarity be the same since PPI are the same?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-B326HK-ymjdpphz-Widescreen-ErgoStandch/dp/B00PDOBUGQ

Stumbled upon this monitor, anyone think it's good? 32inch 4k IPS around 1.2k only. :D

The connections available is damn sad.

1 mini dp and 1 dp. Deal breaker liao. A lot of things all cannot connect to make use of the 4k monitor.

Any way there are 3 monitors right now in amazon that has 4k 32inch and only Samsung has it with Freesync.

Other than Acer

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-BL3201PH...F8&qid=1438660736&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+3201pt

and

http://www.amazon.com/U32E850R-31-5...d=1438660863&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+u32e850r

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.