The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for those who are using Note 4 no point upgrade to Note 5 looking at the rumor spec. Same as that time Note 2 and Note 3.

Moi can recontract liao. Currently using Note 3 thinking of this but most slightly I will migrate to LG G4 or the coming G4 Pro.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for those who are using Note 4 no point upgrade to Note 5 looking at the rumor spec. Same as that time Note 2 and Note 3.

Moi can recontract liao. Currently using Note 3 thinking of this but most slightly I will migrate to LG G4 or the coming G4 Pro.

Same thoughts. For me, if Note 5 is missing the SD card slot, no go for me. I don't care what internal memory is faster. Using note 4 and don't feel it sluggish at all with external SD. Non removal battery is fine but not without SD. G4 will be my next choice then. Seldom use the stylus anyways.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I preferred to store my mp3 and photos on external storage. If it doesn't have microSD then I will skip it.

jeremyteeng

Reaction score
WE HAVE WINNER!..Dual-SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 5 certified in Malaysia

FCC and TENAA are the usual certification agencies that give us an early peek at upcoming devices, but Malaysia's SIRIM scores a point with a Galaxy Note 5 entry. The model number is listed as SM-N9208 and gives details only about the agency's core competency – wireless.

This includes quad-band 2G, dual-band 3G, four LTE bands (850/18002600). It's a dual-SIM device by the way. Locally it has Wi-If a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth (version unknown), NFC and ANT+.

gsmarena_002.jpg

From unofficial leaks we have the basic outline of the specs – a 5.66" QHD screen, Exynos 7420 with 4GB of RAM, 32GB base storage option and no microSD slot. The camera department will stick to Galaxy S6's 16MP + OIS on the back and 5MP selfie shooter.

Samsung has an Unpacked event scheduled for August 13 and the most likely stars of that show will be the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

jeremyteeng

Reaction score
personally i dont think Samsung will launch another 2 new flagship models without at least 1 of them having external storage after the previous 2 new duds...i mean models :s34: and somemore Note series is positioned to be suppose to be all rounder workhorse, stylus and such. if they exclude that, it is as good as torpedo their own left foot.

so if the Note 5 with Removable Storage AND Dual Sim really takes off, i know where I would be getting it :s8:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i dont think Samsung will launch another 2 new flagship models without at least 1 of them having external storage after the previous 2 new duds...i mean models :s34: and somemore Note series is positioned to be suppose to be all rounder workhorse, stylus and such. if they exclude that, it is as good as torpedo their own left foot.

so if the Note 5 with Removable Storage AND Dual Sim really takes off, i know where I would be getting it :s8:

i just hope got removable storage. maybe no removable battery cos they wanna do wireless charging like s6 which i think i can live with.

jeremyteeng

Reaction score
WE HAVE A GONER! Thread Closed. Move on Folks.

Pics of final Samsung Galaxy Note 5 leak ahead of August 13 event

Galaxy-Note-5-DroidLife.jpg

Purported photos of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 have spent more time on the internet than snaps of Kim Kardashian’s bottom, but now we may be seeing the finished article. Of the phone, that is, not the bottom.

The Droid-Life website has obtained what it claims to be images of the completed 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 5, which will be all-but-certainly be unveiled on August 13.

“It looks a lot like a bigger Galaxy S6 with its metal frame and glass panels, but it differs in that the back has an Edge-like curve to it, likely to make it easier to hold,” the report says, while also pointing out the “crazy thin” bezels.

Beyond the look and feel, the source adds credence to reports hinting the S Pen will be spring-loaded.

There’s also a regular USB port (no OnePlus Two-style Type-C here) and, like the Galaxy S6 it seems there’ll be no SD slot to accompany the 32/64/128GB storage options.

The leak represents the clearest look yet at the device, which will attempt to follow in the footsteps of a long line of successful Note phablets.

Samsung’s latest effort will take centre stage at the Unpacked Event in New York City next Thursday.

The company is also rumoured to be launching the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and its new round-faced Gear A smartwatch.

Samsung usually reserves its autumn mobile launches until the IFA tech show, but it is thought the Koreans are hoping to steal a march on Apple before the iPhone 6S range arrives.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pics of final Samsung Galaxy Note 5 leak ahead of August 13 event

Galaxy-Note-5-DroidLife.jpg

Purported photos of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 have spent more time on the internet than snaps of Kim Kardashian’s bottom, but now we may be seeing the finished article. Of the phone, that is, not the bottom.

The Droid-Life website has obtained what it claims to be images of the completed 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 5, which will be all-but-certainly be unveiled on August 13.

“It looks a lot like a bigger Galaxy S6 with its metal frame and glass panels, but it differs in that the back has an Edge-like curve to it, likely to make it easier to hold,” the report says, while also pointing out the “crazy thin” bezels.

Beyond the look and feel, the source adds credence to reports hinting the S Pen will be spring-loaded.

There’s also a regular USB port (no OnePlus Two-style Type-C here) and, like the Galaxy S6 it seems there’ll be no SD slot to accompany the 32/64/128GB storage options.

The leak represents the clearest look yet at the device, which will attempt to follow in the footsteps of a long line of successful Note phablets.

Samsung’s latest effort will take centre stage at the Unpacked Event in New York City next Thursday.

The company is also rumoured to be launching the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and its new round-faced Gear A smartwatch.

Samsung usually reserves its autumn mobile launches until the IFA tech show, but it is thought the Koreans are hoping to steal a march on Apple before the iPhone 6S range arrives.
Siao liao lor. No card slot. Means jump ship liao. LG here I come....

Sent from inside the toilet bowl taking upskirts using GAGT

agcken12

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good for Samsung... I believe many might not jump to Note 5 if no removable sd card if this is true...

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No SD card slot isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm already using a lot of cloud storage anyway and found SD card to be troublesome. I think the performance gain from UFS 2.0 is worth it in my time with the S6. :p

But probably going to be a deal breaker for some. Maybe having no removable battery and expandability will help keep the resale value of the note 4 up. Hahaha.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Like tat can buy the A8 liao, since it have the micro sd card slot

Reaction score
No card slot isn't such a big deal breaker since higher capacity model will be introduced however, non removable battery and if capacity is capped at 3000mAh instead of the previously rumoured 4100mAh then it is sayonara note 5.

Reaction score
I had the chance to test out the A8 here in Malaysia earlier.
Accordingly to the staff, he mentioned that A8 sold in Malaysia is based on SD615 (in oppose to Exynos in SG) which during my test is not so snappy. (even compared to my current Note 3).

One more issue with A8's camera, focusing is fast but picture does not turn out to be as sharp and has less details than even my 2 year old Note 3.

With that said, coming from Note 3, A8 is not an upgrade.

Like tat can buy the A8 liao, since it have the micro sd card slot

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to test out the A8 here in Malaysia earlier.
Accordingly to the staff, he mentioned that A8 sold in Malaysia is based on SD615 (in oppose to Exynos in SG) which during my test is not so snappy. (even compared to my current Note 3).

One more issue with A8's camera, focusing is fast but picture does not turn out to be as sharp and has less details than even my 2 year old Note 3.

With that said, coming from Note 3, A8 is not an upgrade.

These are two different classes, ought to have differences. As much as I love A8, the almighty Note 4 is just a tad more at current street prices *hint*

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.