Apple Watch

frozenh2o

Reaction score
Quick question, thinking of getting apple care plus for the watch to invoke the accidental damage coverage in the near future. Anyone knows if the warranty(APPLECARE+) will be valid if I purchase the extended overseas?

speedster4005

Reaction score
Quick question, thinking of getting apple care plus for the watch to invoke the accidental damage coverage in the near future. Anyone knows if the warranty(APPLECARE+) will be valid if I purchase the extended overseas?

Talked to a Apple support staff here in SG roughly a couple of months back about this since I did not buy the AC+ right away and got my watch from the US. I was perplexed about his answers, but they are so detailed:

1. You won't be able to buy an AppleCare+ in SG for a watch that was bought overseas. You have to buy it from the country of purchase.

2. If the warranty is invoked (with or without AppleCare+) and you send it in for servicing here in SG, the service center *will* (not even *may*) ask for a proof of identity that you are from the country of purchase (so I in my case, I will be asked to show a US passport or a US driver's license.)

And to affirm his answers, he directed me to the AppleCare+ AppleWatch warranty information site in which explicitly mentioned that the warranty is similar to the iPhone, which is from the country of purchase.

But... This is Apple. "Apple Moments" are just right around the corner. ;-)

frozenh2o

Reaction score
Talked to a Apple support staff here in SG roughly a couple of months back about this since I did not buy the AC+ right away and got my watch from the US. I was perplexed about his answers, but they are so detailed:

1. You won't be able to buy an AppleCare+ in SG for a watch that was bought overseas. You have to buy it from the country of purchase.

2. If the warranty is invoked (with or without AppleCare+) and you send it in for servicing here in SG, the service center *will* (not even *may*) ask for a proof of identity that you are from the country of purchase (so I in my case, I will be asked to show a US passport or a US driver's license.)

And to affirm his answers, he directed me to the AppleCare+ AppleWatch warranty information site in which explicitly mentioned that the warranty is similar to the iPhone, which is from the country of purchase.

But... This is Apple. "Apple Moments" are just right around the corner. ;-)

Thanks for the reply!

Had really good "apple moments" with the apple store in brisbane when I was there. They fixed my macbook pro bought in SG, no drama, no charge (AppleCare). From what you have mentioned, I am a little doubtful SG service centres for Apple will honour the apple care from other territories.

Guess I'll just have to fork out for the SG Apple Care

speedster4005

Reaction score

speedster4005

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

Had really good "apple moments" with the apple store in brisbane when I was there. They fixed my macbook pro bought in SG, no drama, no charge (AppleCare). From what you have mentioned, I am a little doubtful SG service centres for Apple will honour the apple care from other territories.

Guess I'll just have to fork out for the SG Apple Care

Where did you buy your watch? Here in SG?

speedster4005

Reaction score
Yup, I guess. Picked it up from a seller on hwz.

Well, you may actually check from the model number where it was purchased, where the last 4 characters ends with these suffixes:

Singapore - ZA/A
Hong Kong - ZP/A
US - LL/A
Japan - 2J/A
AU - 2X/A

So I hope yours is from SG, so that you can purchase the AppleCare+ from here. For mine, I actually have to ask a relative to buy it for me in the US since they declined to sell me one here.

muah123

Reaction score
who is this Apple Support staff in Singapore? you called them?

I bought AC after the purchase of my watch and it was noted that the warranty is international. Just confuse with the answers.

thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.