Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depending on the machine, you can just keep buying. Provided you do not pull the lever to get your change

squeex

Reaction score
Any recommendation on where in Tokyo I can find a 100/110v to 240v step up transformer? I wanna get one so that I can use Japanese electronic devices in SG.

KeNshEz

Reaction score
My flight will be to narita airport and will be staying at sotetsu fresa inn- Hamamatsucho-Daimon. what mode of transportation would you all recommend. Narita express to Tokyo and then to Hamamatsucho station. Or is there a more convenient way, let's say bus limo service?

seeksaveserve

Reaction score
wheres good to club in Tokyo? and can guys go into gentlemans club for the atmosphere?

I went to a place in Tokyo where it is a big games arcade of which there are games like baseball, throwing basketball and sorts, but cant remember the place , any laojiaos can help?

any places hip and fun for 2 30-yo guys to go??

is it easy to get sim card for internet access in Hokkaido / Tokyo ?

PyroBlade

Reaction score
asked in my other thread... still planning...

21 Sep to 23 Sep are also National Holidays in Japan. Anything to take note for accommodation/travel during this period?

hpurwan

Reaction score
Ask noob question, those ramen ticket machine. To buy more than one bowl have to buy one at a time or there's button to get 2 tickets?

Why not buy kae-dama (noodle refill), its lot cheaper. At Ichiran, one bowl of ramen costs Y790, kae-dama only Y190 (one portion) half amount Y140 (Not sure)
2 bowls costs Y1580. One bowl and kae-dama only Y980 as long as there is enough soup which I think should be enough cause the bowl is quite big

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not buy kae-dama (noodle refill), its lot cheaper. At Ichiran, one bowl of ramen costs Y790, kae-dama only Y190 (one portion) half amount Y140 (Not sure)
2 bowls costs Y1580. One bowl and kae-dama only Y980 as long as there is enough soup which I think should be enough cause the bowl is quite big

Buying for 2 persons. Your tip will come in handy still. Thanks

FYI

Reaction score
Hi,

Planning for my first trip to Tokyo with a friend next week and also a 2 day trip to Mt. Fuji. The plan is to book a 1-day Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour and leave the tour at Hakone and go to Mt. Fuji for an over night climb.

Question:
1) Is it easy to travel from Hakone to Mt. Fuji - by bus or train? need a rail pass if train (not sure w/c line)? According to maps, i need to be at Kawaguchiko station and take a bus to Mt. Fuji 5th station.
2) Is it easy to travel from Kawaguhicko to Shinjuku - by bus or train (JR Chuo Main Line)? need a rail pass if train? And according to a youtube video i searched, its from Kawaguhicko station to Shinjuku station (where i booked the hotel for the whole trip).

The whole package of 2 day-tour Mt. Fuji Climb is JPY43,000 from Shinjuku-Mt.Fuji-Shinjuku with overnight stay at Mt. Fuji Huts. So hopefully if we climb on our own (together with hundreds of locals/tourist on Mt Fuji) will be cheaper.

thanks in advance.

marcyv

Reaction score
1st time to Japan

Hi,
This is my first time planning a free & easy trip to Japan and I'm overwhelmed by the numerous options. Need some advice from the pros. Appreciate your input!

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 12 and 14). Travel dates are 1-15 Dec 2015, managed to score cheap tickets fr SQ, flying into Narita and leaving via Haneda.

Here's what I have for now:
1-7 Dec (6 nights): Tokyo area
7-13 Dec (6 nights): outside of Tokyo
13-16 Dec (3 nights): near Disney (visiting Disney Sea for 1 day)

My questions:
1. For Tokyo area, between Shinjuku and Ueno/Asakusa area, which should I stay that is more convenient to reach from Narita airport and to move around Tokyo sights? (I am thinking of renting airbnb apartment cos hotel would be expensive and we'll need 2 rooms.)

2. For the 6 nights outside Tokyo, I am thinking of Hakone area (should we avoid Hakone totally cos of the volcanic activity or only the Owakudani area) and Fuji Five Lakes area. Where should we base ourselves for 6 nights? At one place or break up into 3+3 nights? Enough places to go for 6 days?

3. We are open to renting a car for the 6 nights outside Tokyo. Should be rent and drive out from Tokyo or should we take a train out to a town/city and then rent a car from there?

4. Any not to expensive but nice hotel/ryokans in the Hakone/Fuji area to recommend?

5. For our 3 nights in Disney area, is staying in Edogawa far from Disney Sea? The airbnb owner said we can take a Shuttle Seven bus to Disney in 12 minutes....

That's all I have for now! Thanks in advance for your help! :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Planning for my first trip to Tokyo with a friend next week and also a 2 day trip to Mt. Fuji. The plan is to book a 1-day Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour and leave the tour at Hakone and go to Mt. Fuji for an over night climb.

Question:
1) Is it easy to travel from Hakone to Mt. Fuji - by bus or train? need a rail pass if train (not sure w/c line)? According to maps, i need to be at Kawaguchiko station and take a bus to Mt. Fuji 5th station.
2) Is it easy to travel from Kawaguhicko to Shinjuku - by bus or train (JR Chuo Main Line)? need a rail pass if train? And according to a youtube video i searched, its from Kawaguhicko station to Shinjuku station (where i booked the hotel for the whole trip).

The whole package of 2 day-tour Mt. Fuji Climb is JPY43,000 from Shinjuku-Mt.Fuji-Shinjuku with overnight stay at Mt. Fuji Huts. So hopefully if we climb on our own (together with hundreds of locals/tourist on Mt Fuji) will be cheaper.

thanks in advance.

take bus from hakone to kawaguchiko:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

for kawaguchiko to shinjuku, bus will be easier. can take train also, but need some transfers.

JR pass not need for both

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first time planning a free & easy trip to Japan and I'm overwhelmed by the numerous options. Need some advice from the pros. Appreciate your input!

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 12 and 14). Travel dates are 1-15 Dec 2015, managed to score cheap tickets fr SQ, flying into Narita and leaving via Haneda.

Here's what I have for now:
1-7 Dec (6 nights): Tokyo area
7-13 Dec (6 nights): outside of Tokyo
13-16 Dec (3 nights): near Disney (visiting Disney Sea for 1 day)

My questions:
1. For Tokyo area, between Shinjuku and Ueno/Asakusa area, which should I stay that is more convenient to reach from Narita airport and to move around Tokyo sights? (I am thinking of renting airbnb apartment cos hotel would be expensive and we'll need 2 rooms.)
[both shinjuku and ueno are good. both have direct train to narita airport. keisei line for ueno, and narita express for shinjuku. both are on the yamanote line, so getting ard tokyo is easy too. accommodations in ueno are usually cheaper.]

2. For the 6 nights outside Tokyo, I am thinking of Hakone area (should we avoid Hakone totally cos of the volcanic activity or only the Owakudani area) and Fuji Five Lakes area. Where should we base ourselves for 6 nights? At one place or break up into 3+3 nights? Enough places to go for 6 days?
[better to monitor the situation in hakone.
most ppl just spend 1-2 days for hakone and lake kawaguchi. but i think there are enough places to visit to occupied all 6 days. since u are open to rental car, u can visit all 5 lakes and other less accessible places in the area.]

3. We are open to renting a car for the 6 nights outside Tokyo. Should be rent and drive out from Tokyo or should we take a train out to a town/city and then rent a car from there?
[if u have places to explore along the way, then maybe rent from tokyo. must also consider the coz of driving from tokyo vs. train]

4. Any not to expensive but nice hotel/ryokans in the Hakone/Fuji area to recommend?

5. For our 3 nights in Disney area, is staying in Edogawa far from Disney Sea? The airbnb owner said we can take a Shuttle Seven bus to Disney in 12 minutes....

That's all I have for now! Thanks in advance for your help! :)

comments above

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
Hi i booked a return tix to kix (15-22/9). But i have no idea what i can do there except a castle, usj and awuarium.. any other ideas?

Suppose i would be making day trips to kyoto, kobe or stuff, where would be a most convenient location to stay? (Should i stay at different places, or just stay at 1?)
Sorry i tried, but all them japanese names sound the same

alonerboy

Reaction score
hi,

1) intend to drive from narita airport to mt fuji/lake kawaguchi/hakone. whats the estimated toll charges? is there a must to rent the etc card from the car rental company? any cheap car rental company to recommend please?

2) after that will return the car at Shinjuku. isit worthwhile to buy a keisei subway pass for 3 days? or should I get a jr pass to travel around Tokyo? http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway.html
I have 3 days and intend to travel to shibuya, ikebukuro, ginza then last stop ueno and back to narita airport.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i booked a return tix to kix (15-22/9). But i have no idea what i can do there except a castle, usj and awuarium.. any other ideas?

Suppose i would be making day trips to kyoto, kobe or stuff, where would be a most convenient location to stay? (Should i stay at different places, or just stay at 1?)
Sorry i tried, but all them japanese names sound the same

will be good to stay need umeda/osaka station if u are travelling out for day trips.
it is ok to just base urself in one place to avoid the hassle of changing accommodations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.