Shuttle trains travelling from Woodlands

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried to book tix for tmr its sold out :(

Crowded weekend - last weekend before Hari Raya, I guess. :D

Was there earlier, both malls were quite crowded, and first time seeing the sign that train tickets are sold out.

Try the week after next, perhaps. ;)

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crowded weekend - last weekend before Hari Raya, I guess. :D

Was there earlier, both malls were quite crowded, and first time seeing the sign that train tickets are sold out.

Try the week after next, perhaps. ;)

2 week no massage liao :( tmr if causeway no jam mayb i take bus. if not wait for another week...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 week no massage liao :( tmr if causeway no jam mayb i take bus. if not wait for another week...

Next weekend I think will be quite bad, being the actually Hari Raya weekend.

Maybe go earlier tomorrow, and head back by 4pm.

I checked the traffic situation on my app about 7pm just now, saw both sides jammed so went to JBCC for supper before heading back after 9pm.

I think the bus companies did foresee the situation coz regularity was quite impressive for both 170 and CW buses, despite the big crowd heading back. Yup, long queue at JB immigration coming back, over half the hall was filled.

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i reach at 1030. Go temple. Then go ksl movie then walk abit since massage full n need wait 2 hr. So i left n go eat at small alley go galleria shop n reach custom at 4. Train all sold out. 1030 still have but i did not buy. Strange. Online i try buy last nite no more. Many ppl buy just now in the morning. No jam now. Now up in kranji liao
Next weekend I think will be quite bad, being the actually Hari Raya weekend.

Maybe go earlier tomorrow, and head back by 4pm.

I checked the traffic situation on my app about 7pm just now, saw both sides jammed so went to JBCC for supper before heading back after 9pm.

I think the bus companies did foresee the situation coz regularity was quite impressive for both 170 and CW buses, despite the big crowd heading back. Yup, long queue at JB immigration coming back, over half the hall was filled.

RoyceSmith

Reaction score
Hi, do we need buy in advance? Thanks
And how to get to woodlands train checkpoint ?

Last edited:

revogsx

Reaction score
if the train leave will leave exactly from Woodlands 930am, what time you should arrive for SG immigration clearance? e.g 830am?

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought train tickets for jb-woodlands at 7pm... The train station has its own immigration clearance? Or need to join the jam (assuming huge crowd at 7pm)

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Immigration clearance is dedicated for railway passengers within the station.

Meowmeow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the shuttle from sg-jb sentral is free seating? It says free seating on the e-ticket but there's a carriage number & seat number which I had chosen when I was buying the ticket online.

Also heard the immigration for sg & msia side is done together? Before boarding at sg station?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Passed by the ticketing area last night, 10 mins to the last train's departure.

Saw a few people (shopping SGeans, obviously =:p ) queuing to buy tix and for the first time, one staff who's standing next to them saw me looking and said, "Singapore train?". Guess there're still many more tix left then. Well, if only there's an MRT station at the other side. :s13:

Anyway, it's quite refreshing after all the "Lai, Singapore, lai!" from the "private taxis" along the link bridge. :D

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Went to JB on Saturday and encountered massive crowds and long waits at every point- Queen St Terminal, at Woodlands immigration, its public bus queue and also JB CIQ. It looked like a big mistake to visit JB on that first weekend of the school holidays!

Luckily a brainwave came up and we decided to return via the 5:30pm Tebrau Shuttle, avoiding the jam of human traffic at Sentral CIQ, bus lines and our own Woodlands CIQ altogether.

Things I confirm from this experience:

1. free seating although tickets show seat numbers. Every ticket clearly states "Free Seating", and everybody does sit freely upon boarding.

2. even on a 5min service for 1km between 2 points, it is possible for the train to be late, as we encountered.

3. Tickets for weekdays are sold out 2 months in advance, as shown correctly by online booking systems such as Easibook. Weekend tickets can be bought on the same day, as we found out to our delight.

4. maybe needless to repeat myself in the same thread, train passengers have dedicated CIQ areas seperate from other modes.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to JB on Saturday and encountered massive crowds and long waits at every point- Queen St Terminal, at Woodlands immigration, its public bus queue and also JB CIQ. It looked like a big mistake to visit JB on that first weekend of the school holidays!

Luckily a brainwave came up and we decided to return via the 5:30pm Tebrau Shuttle, avoiding the jam of human traffic at Sentral CIQ, bus lines and our own Woodlands CIQ altogether.

Things I confirm from this experience:

1. free seating although tickets show seat numbers. Every ticket clearly states "Free Seating", and everybody does sit freely upon boarding.

2. even on a 5min service for 1km between 2 points, it is possible for the train to be late, as we encountered.

3. Tickets for weekdays are sold out 2 months in advance, as shown correctly by online booking systems such as Easibook. Weekend tickets can be bought on the same day, as we found out to our delight.

4. maybe needless to repeat myself in the same thread, train passengers have dedicated CIQ areas seperate from other modes.
5.30pm usually will have seats. Its the 10pm timing that confirm sold out just about every time.

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun worry, as long avoid malaysian exodus to and fro timing, sure got seat.

website sucks, just buy direct at counter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.