Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just tried this link on my iphone, it does log into deskstop version but there is no online trading option. The other items like accounts, fund transfers, etc are there.

Anyone else experienced the same?
Need to toggle '' request desktop mode.'' If not will display broken like html page.
AS2Ohqol.png

Sent from The sky using GAGT

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, can bro/sis confirm that one must pay 1.5% commission when withdrawing money out of Standard Chartered FCY$aver. Like that if I trade US stocks, decide to sell and cash out, I need to pay 1.5%??

:eek:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, can bro/sis confirm that one must pay 1.5% commission when withdrawing money out of Standard Chartered FCY$aver. Like that if I trade US stocks, decide to sell and cash out, I need to pay 1.5%??

Never heard of that. I wasn't charge anything to fast transfer my $$ to all banks.
As for direct withdrawing cash, not too sure.

Did you mean the exchange rate?
The exchange rate was posted here before, search for it in this thread.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Withdrawal of US$ cash from SCB branch, you are correct, 1.5%. Bank to bank transfer of US$, I think you have to pay the normal TT rates.

Every bank has there fees and charges PDF which you can download from their website. It's all there.

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
Withdrawal of US$ cash from SCB branch, you are correct, 1.5%. Bank to bank transfer of US$, I think you have to pay the normal TT rates.

Every bank has there fees and charges PDF which you can download from their website. It's all there.

Thanks for confirming. I called the bank, they say that for my FCY$Saver, I can't TT or wire the money out. The only way is to withdraw from the bank branch and pay 1.5%.

Recently, they raised fees and minimum balance. What's there to stop them from raising the withdrawal commission from say 1.5% to 5%?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming. I called the bank, they say that for my FCY$Saver, I can't TT or wire the money out. The only way is to withdraw from the bank branch and pay 1.5%.

Recently, they raised fees and minimum balance. What's there to stop them from raising the withdrawal commission from say 1.5% to 5%?

So can any other banks actually and they did.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Despite the charges, SCB is still better than the SG brokerages because of the custodian fee, minimum commission and I think in some cases there is even dividend handling fee :eek:

The best way to utilise SCB for foreign shares is to purchase shares like IWDA to buy and hold for many years until retirement.

Otherwise, IB is very very good.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wana check with you guys if you all can log into your SC account? I could log in yesterday night, but when I tried today, either it shows me password wrong or its forever refreshing the page

Means account locked. Just call CSO to verify ID to unlock.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
100% confirmed, page keep refreshing and won't load = account locked. Call them up and get it unlock.

feareality

Reaction score
Anyone can confirm whether the dash account can be used as the settlement account for the online equity trading? I can't seem to close the esaver account because of that

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone can confirm whether the dash account can be used as the settlement account for the online equity trading? I can't seem to close the esaver account because of that

Settlement account is always a settlement account. The savings account cannot be used to trade,but it can be used to transfer to your settlement acct.

feareality

Reaction score
Settlement account is always a settlement account. The savings account cannot be used to trade,but it can be used to transfer to your settlement acct.

This would still mean that I can still use my dash account and close my esaver account yeah? The cso completely wasted my time earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.