[PSA] Only go BINTAN Lagoon Resort if you are rich

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
Stay at tanjung pinang.
Rent car one day sgd30.
Drive around the island to see beaches, temples, kelong for seafood, play seasports, climb mount bintan, visit penyenget island.
At night go to pek sua bu(something like newton) for hawker food. If still hungry go to near beaches for their grilled seafood(something like east coast lagoon).
Morning stroll the coffeeshops for typical hainanese/teochew breakfast.
If have more time take a ferry trip down to lingga islands.

That then is called travelling. You want to stay in resort 24/7 go Ubin will do.

Sent from moon using GAGT

mel_01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Neh been there b4 n neh will. Its for ****** loberts, fugged up place :s13::s13:

Subprimer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stay at tanjung pinang.
Rent car one day sgd30.
Drive around the island to see beaches, temples, kelong for seafood, play seasports, climb mount bintan, visit penyenget island.
At night go to pek sua bu(something like newton) for hawker food. If still hungry go to near beaches for their grilled seafood(something like east coast lagoon).

That then is called travelling. You want to stay in resort 24/7 go Ubin will do.

Sounds good thanks for sharing

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been there before, super EX......

That was the 1st time n last

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
went there once, paid by friend. the resort honestly not that fun, going into the town was more fun.

tanakow

Banned
Reaction score
You are lucky. I went there more than 10 years ago. The resort minimart did not even carry mineral water so to drink one has to order from the restaurant.

Just came back from the most carrot-chopping place ever!

Here's how they carrot chop tourists:

1) Their minimart sell items without price tag and got tricked into buying one 1.5 litre mineral water at S$4.30

2) One chocolate milk shake costs S$8

3) One magnum ice cream costs S$4

4) One hour massage costs S$100 (SG only costs half of that!)

5) One hour ride on an all-terrain vehicle costs S$132 for 2 pax

6) One buffet with most expensive items being stew beef and flower crab costs S$45 per pax.

7) One nasi goreng costs $18, haven't include 10% tax and 10% service charge. Everything u eat there will incur 10% tax and 10% service charge, that's why one magnum can originally cost $3.3 and after tax become S$4!

Things are so expensive that I wanna go out and explore, so I ask the staff how to travel out, he told me he cannot share... as they want to keep us within the resort!

Come on, even Bangkok is cheaper and their economy is better than Indon. What warrants such sky-high pricing?

So if you don't want to be carrot head, u literally have nothing to do the whole time in their expensive resort!

Only redeeming factors are clean beach and good service. Every of them smiling so happily at you as they prepare their carrot chopping board!

in b4 no money don't go tour

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) Their minimart sell items without price tag and got tricked into buying one 1.5 litre mineral water at S$4.30

For comparison if you really want to compare, a bottle of 500ml mineral water (non "branded") is sold for S$2 at one of our own Singapore bowling alley and perhaps even more in some of the local restaurant/cafe which does not serve "free water", so what do we expect from hotel/resorts in Bintan which charge in S$ anyway? Prices are crazy if you want to compare with what you pay for in a local supermarket.

yummie

Suspended
Reaction score

6) One buffet with most expensive items being stew beef and flower crab costs S$45 per pax.

7) One nasi goreng costs $18, haven't include 10% tax and 10% service charge. Everything u eat there will incur 10% tax and 10% service charge, that's why one magnum can originally cost $3.3 and after tax become S$4!

Things are so expensive that I wanna go out and explore, so I ask the staff how to travel out, he told me he cannot share... as they want to keep us within the resort!

Come on, even Bangkok is cheaper and their economy is better than Indon. What warrants such sky-high pricing?

So if you don't want to be carrot head, u literally have nothing to do the whole time in their expensive resort!

Only redeeming factors are clean beach and good service. Every of them smiling so happily at you as they prepare their carrot chopping board!

genting highlands also the same. or rather, any tourist spots are like tat one.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

erh....u NEVER do any research before going?

Go HOTEL buy MAGNUM and Mineral Water???

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
bintan all the while sounds like low grade holiday destination. didnt expect their prices sky high.

even phuket wasnt as bad.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree it is resort, but they are INDON resort leh, not 1st world economy resort. What they have to charge such price?

U say match sg price already very expensive, they even double it! One hour massage at S$100!

lol...SG got proper hotel /resort with massage 1 hr 50 bucks please sic.

btw...so with ur logic Bayan tree in those Indonesia should charge how much "?

questsohai

Banned
Reaction score
Please boycott Bintan Lagoon.
Was there also earlier this year. Prices are relatively almost the same as Spore mid tier.
Not worth to go. With the same amount, better fly to Bali or Bangkok. More sin to indulge & more options for your same dollar.

amekago

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bintan is atas one leh, u donno meh

that time i went, 1 bowl of laksa SGD7, we chua sai

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
Stay at tanjung pinang.
Rent car one day sgd30.

Bro, you been to Lingga islands? Can share how to get there? Is the boat dangerous?

Sango123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe go Batam instead? At least in places like Harris Resort, they have feeder bus to go town. I have been to Bintan Lagoon about 10 to 15 years ago and things obviously have not changed much

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.