[PSA] Only go BINTAN Lagoon Resort if you are rich

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only went Bintan Lagoon Resort as a company trip(All expenses covered by coy) or with my family(As BIL's sister has a villa there so stay is covered)

Practically rot at the place..

Order from BBQ wholesale, have them deliver to ferry terminal then check in..Bring hotdogs, luncheon meat, instant noodles, bread..Stock up some drinks from SG, alcohol and cigarettes from DFS...

Only had one meal in the restaurant.. :s13:

That was in 2013, the last time i've been there..Nowadays not that keen to go riao..

adrianwang74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from the most carrot-chopping place ever!

Here's how they carrot chop tourists:

1) Their minimart sell items without price tag and got tricked into buying one 1.5 litre mineral water at S$4.30

2) One chocolate milk shake costs S$8

3) One magnum ice cream costs S$4

4) One hour massage costs S$100 (SG only costs half of that!)

5) One hour ride on an all-terrain vehicle costs S$132 for 2 pax

6) One buffet with most expensive items being stew beef and flower crab costs S$45 per pax.

7) One nasi goreng costs $18, haven't include 10% tax and 10% service charge. Everything u eat there will incur 10% tax and 10% service charge, that's why one magnum can originally cost $3.3 and after tax become S$4!

Things are so expensive that I wanna go out and explore, so I ask the staff how to travel out, he told me he cannot share... as they want to keep us within the resort!

Come on, even Bangkok is cheaper and their economy is better than Indon. What warrants such sky-high pricing?

So if you don't want to be carrot head, u literally have nothing to do the whole time in their expensive resort!

Only redeeming factors are clean beach and good service. Every of them smiling so happily at you as they prepare their carrot chopping board!

in b4 no money don't go tour

this is why people say Sinkies are the worst tourists...

spend abit of money also kpkb....

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Far cheaper than flying to another country and none of the white trash like Phuket and Bali.

What's the problem? :s11:

o blong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyday also got boatloads of kumgong carrot sinkies u say price wont go up meh?

Why sinjiapo got the most carrotheads? Hint: sinjiapo is the most expensive city in the world

SIBEI HUAT

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
yes...and the best part is that there is nothing much to play there...

u will find urself spending time on food and massage

last time they even say they only accept SGD....wtf

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
TS i offer u to go batam...cheap and good....can upgrade the hotel to presidential suite....only $120 bucks

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
TS i offer u to go batam...cheap and good....can upgrade the hotel to presidential suite....only $120 bucks

ya.. batam cheap leh.. i went hotel near nagoya then go shopping.. things are cheap leh.. same as malaysia price ba. Jiak A&W, KFC... supermarket things are cheap too

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went there with moi extended family a few times. Stayed at company villa. Got buggy de.

My aunts brought food like you wouldn't believe. We brought enough food for 5 days x 3 meals for 10 pax with some left over. Moi was chef the last time round. Mostly spent my awake hrs prepping and cooking.

Nothing to do there one. Just explore the resort and beach area with the buggy. Race the buggy around the place. If no buggy ish cannot go. Boring like fug.

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Maybe go Batam instead? At least in places like Harris Resort, they have feeder bus to go town. I have been to Bintan Lagoon about 10 to 15 years ago and things obviously have not changed much

they took away alot of places of interest and it IS VERY boring in bintan

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes...and the best part is that there is nothing much to play there...

u will find urself spending time on food and massage

last time they even say they only accept SGD....wtf

all along the use SGD leh..

really can sic.
Kids got things to do or not.

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
ya.. batam cheap leh.. i went hotel near nagoya then go shopping.. things are cheap leh.. same as malaysia price ba. Jiak A&W, KFC... supermarket things are cheap too

the house brand there is super cheap...can u imagine colgate only $1 :eek::eek::eek:

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ups for awareness. My contribution to the thread.

These pics are taken back in 2010.

irGx7gM.jpg

sXl1gN0.jpg

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, you been to Lingga islands? Can share how to get there? Is the boat dangerous?

Never. From my understanding needs to change ferry 3 times and will take a whole day. Pretty remote and ulu there, unless you love nature and for the sake of 'achievement unlocked', very little reason to go there. You want to go there for?

http://wheelosopher.com/2013/08/14/riau-islands-ride-bintan-to-singkep-to-lingga/

http://lovethefold.blogspot.sg/2013/07/discovering-lingga-with-fellas-day-1.html

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Went there with moi extended family a few times. Stayed at company villa. Got buggy de.

My aunts brought food like you wouldn't believe. We brought enough food for 5 days x 3 meals for 10 pax with some left over. Moi was chef the last time round. Mostly spent my awake hrs prepping and cooking.

Nothing to do there one. Just explore the resort and beach area with the buggy. Race the buggy around the place. If no buggy ish cannot go. Boring like fug.

the buggy jin sexpensive leh....we hesitated many time to book one

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
My family went recently and say not purely SGD riao, got use rupiah..

they change law riao...now die die must use rupiah....

that time i also heard about the SGD thingy so i bring all sgd....end up they say cannot use :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.