Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

Would like to have some sound advice. I am looking for a 4 system aircon. I was quoted the following from GC.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries / 4-Systems / 30,000 BTU - $4229
Upgrade fan coil piping (insulator + copper piping) -$240
Extended warranty (1 + 4 yrs) - $499

Question 1: Is the fan coil piping upgrade necessary? The upgrade involve changing the insulator thickness from the standard 10mm to 13mm as well as copper pipe from the standard G23 to G22. Any problem with using the standard sizes?

Question 2: According to the salesman, the extended warranty will cover the main board replacement. Without it, it costs $800+ to replace the main board if it does get faulty. Anyone has their main board fried?

Copper gas pipes is necessary for upgrade, if you upgrade also fine, in future can be re-used again.

Wires should used pure copper wires too, did you check with them? or upgrade into 4 core wire.

PVC outlet pipe also need insulated did they provide for you?
Size like 20mm as a standard.

Such as good insulation like armaflex can be last longer without condensation issue, if upgrade also fine too.

Electronic parts were depend on luck!

tengg

Reaction score
Copper gas pipes is necessary for upgrade, if you upgrade also fine, in future can be re-used again.

Wires should used pure copper wires too, did you check with them? or upgrade into 4 core wire.

PVC outlet pipe also need insulated did they provide for you?
Size like 20mm as a standard.

Such as good insulation like armaflex can be last longer without condensation issue, if upgrade also fine too.

Electronic parts were depend on luck!

Thanks for your reply. 4 cores wires (2 grounding points) will be used. He didn't mention about insulatig the PVC outlet piping, will take note of that.

Last edited:

SL1975

Reaction score
Aircon Supplier- recommendation needed

HI,

need some good recommendation for a supplier for a system4.
please advise.

chomechome

Reaction score
Bought my Mitsubishi System 3 at Gain City today.

Upgraded to 22 SWG and half inch armaflex. Package came with 5 years installation warranty and 5 years spare parts warranty.

Total cost SGD 3448.

PrinCe_iL

Master Member
Reaction score
Good Price ??

Hello,

I'm planning to buy aircon for my new BTO, so hoping any kind soul can help to recommend any good lobangs?

My current aircon is Mitsubishi Starmex, have been using since 2005, and installed and setup by Gain City. I think in terms of workmanship and quality of the product, it's pretty reliable as I don't encounter big issues for the past 10 years of usage.

I'm hoping anyone got any contacts with Gain CIty or any sales person working in Gain City, able to provide a very good quotation for the below:

1. Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 5 (2 compressor)
2. System 4 (1 compressor) please.

Thanks!

jonchar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old HDB Terrace at Stirling Road with a big living room downstairs and 3 bedroom upstairs. Inherited this current aircon system from previous owner. Currently a system 2 (8k BTU for both) for the living room downstairs and the Master bedroom upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on individual window units.

Problem: The old system 2 aircon is not sufficient to cool the big living room downstairs (currently is 9k BTU for both bedroom and living room) so I thought of replacing it totally with another system 2 with a much higher BTU of around 18k for living room and bedroom at 9k.

Any recommendation for good system 2 aircon for either Starmex and to buy from which coy?

Also, to replace the system 2, can I use back old wiring and piping or have to install new ones?

Thank you all!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old HDB Terrace at Stirling Road with a big living room downstairs and 3 bedroom upstairs. Inherited this current aircon system from previous owner. Currently a system 2 (8k BTU for both) for the living room downstairs and the Master bedroom upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on individual window units.

Problem: The old system 2 aircon is not sufficient to cool the big living room downstairs (currently is 9k BTU for both bedroom and living room) so I thought of replacing it totally with another system 2 with a much higher BTU of around 18k for living room and bedroom at 9k.

Any recommendation for good system 2 aircon for either Starmex and to buy from which coy?

Also, to replace the system 2, can I use back old wiring and piping or have to install new ones?

Thank you all!

You can go the 13k & 10k place at dinning room.
MIT Starmex ok very cold, you should replace the whole new with gas pipe, drain pipe & new wires with insulation also new trunking as well

jonchar

Reaction score
You can go the 13k & 10k place at dinning room.
MIT Starmex ok very cold, you should replace the whole new with gas pipe, drain pipe & new wires with insulation also new trunking as well

Thanks for your reply! Any recommended vendor that I can consider, if you don't mind? Many say GC but I have read enough here for me to want to have a 2nd opinion too.

terumo

Reaction score
To jonchar,

9k btu piping size and 18k btu piping size if different, i will advise you install the new system 2 with new piping.

How big (square metre) is your living room?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Any recommended vendor that I can consider, if you don't mind? Many say GC but I have read enough here for me to want to have a 2nd opinion too.

Try AllBest at IMM, mine was installed from them, so far so good close to a year now.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Over the weekend just did my re-paint job for hitachi Aircon over :D

just boring look.
C797BC5A-87B1-476B-9514-4CC9D31EE264_zps8mhlnwa6.jpg

Spray processing in JB
B50ECDB3-72A4-44D1-B070-61E688B2E9D1_zpstf2ljuza.jpg

4C6B9187-2306-47EA-8C7A-66FD596DFF81_zpsmzkpc9ur.jpg

5239D9C6-3747-424E-A8C0-D6A1CEF1DCE2_zpspklijzxh.jpg

Done
F39CFCA6-E9E6-4E86-B450-EE99D2646067_zpsum6cixlk.jpg

No more yellowish and just left the base cover didn't spray to be next time for take down whole unit when did chemical wash.
CED29D6D-A22B-4747-9F32-DB47B1D90280_zpsnjy19did.jpg

mgumpy

Reaction score
Bought my Mitsubishi System 3 at Gain City today.

Upgraded to 22 SWG and half inch armaflex. Package came with 5 years installation warranty and 5 years spare parts warranty.

Total cost SGD 3448.

hi, is it mitsubishi electric or heavy industries? can share the model ? thks

mgumpy

Reaction score
hi aircon guru,

i am currently looking for a sys 3 for a 4 room hdb flat. my usage will be mainly in MBR. the other 2 rooms may not be on concurrently. was looking at daikin, mitsubishi electric starmex or mitsubishi heavy industries.

the sale person told me that the mitsubishi electric starmex model is already in the market for a long time and a new model will be coming out end of the year. he mention that if i get this model, few yrs down the road when the aircon got problem, i may not be able to get spare parts. so he recommended mitsubishi heavy industries as it has more nea ticks. is he true abt difficulty in getting spare pars for mitsubishi electric in the future? anyone here uses mitsubishi heavy industries? any reviews? thanks.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
hi aircon guru,

i am currently looking for a sys 3 for a 4 room hdb flat. was looking at daikin, mitsubishi electric starmex or mitsubishi heavy industries.

the sale person told me that the mitsubishi electric starmex model is already in the market for a long time and a new model will be coming out end of the year. he mention that if i get this model, few yrs down the road when the aircon got problem, i may not be able to get spare parts. so he recommended mitsubishi heavy industries. is this true? anyone here uses mitsubishi heavy industries? any reviews? thanks.

Is depend the seller push which models.
If he got target for sure will pushing MHI loh.
MHI good for left & right air swing, but maintained wise will be higher, cause some Aircon serving would be worry to remove out fan blower, due to the join to motor were get rusty and difficult to slot in, also might be cracked on the rubber partion wow.

MHI out look very nice and interior design just like China made one.
A57589FA-B88D-4DB1-849D-737FDE66DB6B_zps53bcppdb.jpg

6BECD404-190F-42C3-BD6D-B4EC2E4284BE_zps0dazberk.jpg

ME from GE10VA is already 7 yrs from now, but spare parts discountinued at least over 10 yrs from the phase out date.

Like Daikin FTKS also over a 10 yrs models starter from R22 FTKD and after change to FTKS R410a today.

In s'pore not worry you can't get spare parts..
New model should be good at least 5 ticks but the overall BTU not as good as today this 2 ticks model so far.

Just buy as what you prefer lah.

For me ME Starmex is always the best.
At least the fan blower can be able to removable & drain pan too, some models were need take down & chemical wash then can access interior parts.

Last edited:

Soya_Bean

Master Member
Reaction score
would like a quote for daikin system 4.

room 1: 3.85m x 3m
room 2: 4.22m x 3.22m
room 3: 4.45m x 3.48m
room 4: 4.4m x 3.85m

mgumpy

Reaction score
ME from GE10VA is already 7 yrs from now, but spare parts discountinued at least over 10 yrs from the phase out date.

Hi kimsim, thanks for the reply. just like to clarify the above statement. u mean the the spare parts will only be discontinued 10 years after the model phase out date? ME GE10V has not been discontinued yet right?

thanks.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi kimsim, thanks for the reply. just like to clarify the above statement. u mean the the spare parts will only be discontinued 10 years after the model phase out date? ME GE10V has not been discontinued yet right?

thanks.

You can visit thier showroom or website still available in the markets.

terumo

Reaction score
To mgumpy,

I personally feel ME parts are more easily available then MHI.
ME launching new model, yes, my sources told mi its in Q4 2015.
I will prefer ME over MHI anytime. (IMHO)

mgumpy

Reaction score
any recommendation on where to get the air-con from? was considering GC or AB but have been seeing mixed reviews for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.